MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AnalogX

Question Multiplayer questions

In the multiplayer will you be able to choose who you always appear as Ex: Marcus or Dom; or is it selected for you.
    Picked Last In Gym

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Uday23

not sure, yet, but in the elimination gametype at e3 it was random, but in other game types u might get to choose, or maybe even customize ur own character, nothing is for sure yet..........

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SlipKnot Saint

I Hope You Get To Custimize Your Own Charecter!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fortune Wookie

Quote Originally Posted by psyco blade
    I Hope You Get To Custimize Your Own Charecter!
    same here, i would look more badass then marcus ya right lol
    Gears of War pwns

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doombringer3542

yes it would be awsome to have a custom player

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wizard of Gore

I don't think it's going to happen. The characters have been worked on too deeply for change.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Uday23

if u want to search there are a bunch of customization threads u might be interested in

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I CaRmiNe I

acctually on xbox.com it says something about custom profiles ..maybe that is where you can customize your guys.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MacheteMan7

I hope there's a feature where you can set your preferred player. For example, if you put Gus, it is more likely you will be him. I don't really care about the customization because the characters are already so well thought out and made. If there was customization, i probably wouldn't use it.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zoso Fan

I think designing your own gun would be innovative!
    www.GEARHEADSOFWAR.com

The way GEARS was meant to be played... with gearheads.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dr Tiger 02

I really really hope that you get to customise you own character.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I think that it would be somewhat of a crime if we the players were not allowed to have/create our own online identity in th Gears universe.

And yes i know that the SP is the main focuse of the game, but customisation on the next gen consoles is probably really easy to input into a game. They should just make if similar to GRAW, just give the user a few set faces and body types and keep rolling and maybe some minor color/camo options.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zoso Fan

Graw system worked well, but the kinda made the graphics crappier on MP, but idk if the customization was a reason
    www.GEARHEADSOFWAR.com

The way GEARS was meant to be played... with gearheads.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Zoso Fan
    Graw system worked well, but the kinda made the graphics crappier on MP, but idk if the customization was a reason
    I think the reason was that a different team made the multiplayer than the single player. But anyway, i think it would feel a little strange playing as a COG that was never seen in the SP. I think it would be better without the customization, though i wouldn't mind it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Im not to worried, i think that epic is very tunned into what we the fans want in terms of MP and they will deliver ten fold. They obviosly know that cutomisation in UT,2003,2004 was a big hit so why wouldn't they incoporate a minimal customisation factor into this game.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by LordBjaxx9000
    Im not to worried, i think that epic is very tunned into what we the fans want in terms of MP and they will deliver ten fold. They obviosly know that cutomisation in UT,2003,2004 was a big hit so why wouldn't they incoporate a minimal customisation factor into this game.
    That's true i just thought it would make the game a little bit less immersive.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MacheteMan7
    That's true i just thought it would make the game a little bit less immersive.

I understand wear your comming from, but the multi player is going to be so much fun that your level of imersion will be self evident customisation or not

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

what do you kids think

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Please give us customisable MP characters! :0)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rkorik

Please give us customisable MP characters! :0)
    Please dont.
    Customization is cool and all, but I am not connected as much when the character isnt someone from the single player game, and the multiplayer is going to be COG's vs Locusts, I dont want that to be ruined in some way, I know that customization more than likely wont ruin the COG's vs. Locusts, but I dont want to play as ME, the reason I play video games is to get away from the real ME and enjoy a game playing as someone else, hence why I loved Halo 2's Single player so much, and even if the customizations arent as deep as making yourself in the game, I will just feel pretty altered when I play, I'll feel like something isnt right
    Lets play some Gears of War!!
    Playing online almost every day, so hit me with an invite

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Soul
    Please dont.
    Customization is cool and all, but I am not connected as much when the character isnt someone from the single player game, and the multiplayer is going to be COG's vs Locusts, I dont want that to be ruined in some way, I know that customization more than likely wont ruin the COG's vs. Locusts, but I dont want to play as ME, the reason I play video games is to get away from the real ME and enjoy a game playing as someone else, hence why I loved Halo 2's Single player so much, and even if the customizations arent as deep as making yourself in the game, I will just feel pretty altered when I play, I'll feel like something isnt right
    That is what i have been saying this whole time. I completely agree. It makes it less immersive.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TCU

Well Yeah We all expect a some what custumization but just doing a character and lets say the texture color arent interesting as opposed to creating a gun From ground zero. Yeah it would be some what a good thing but that experience is nothing compared to creating your own gun and your own environment like Unreal Series. And dont forget that they creat everything on a PC and then "Exports" it to a console so if you think about it for a sec, the PC is and always be the "Master" of all. What I think is the best thing to do is to make some software on the game DVD for PC,Make stuff on a PC and them Burn it on a CD or something and then put it in the game. Of course thats only an oppinion and i think it would really be frustrating making a Level or anything else with a Remote Control
    Survival of the Fittest

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Flash1087

See, I actually take an opposite approach. If I can make a character look like me, I feel MORE immersed in it just because it almost looks like I'm actually there. Different strokes, I guess.

Me, I hope the rumors come true and GoW does support the XBL Camera so I can put my goofy-looking self on my own personal COG.
    Gears of War is for clintmen. Are YOU clint enough?
    http://www.churchofclint.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover is a friend
    It just blows things up. WAY UP!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool

God Damnit if im going to chainsaw some ass it had better the person of my choosing holding the chainsaw.
    E-day, just a click away. Aint technology great?!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: chewie1985

I think too much emphasis is being put on the character selection for MP, yes I'd like a say in who I play and character customization, but let's face it, they're all awesome and you'll happily frag people with anyone of them. And if someone quits because they didn't get who they want, as I said in other threads, your teammate was a tewl.
    Don't make me go Ed Norton and curbstomp you!!