Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    God King

Default Unreal Old Friends Map Pack

Name: UOF Map Pack
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: UT3 + Patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
    Release date: July 1st, 2010
    Homepage: UOF

Description: The idea of this pack, launched in December 2009 consists of maps designed by a group of amateur level designers all around the world who have had the taste to develop & share their work with the UT3 community.

This pack is intended to be primarily a fun group project made by a great bunch of friends that combines several different styles of maps depending on the author. The pack should satisfy all kind of players. Whether you prefer old-school visuals or newer UT3 visuals, hopefully there's something in the pack to satisfy everyone’s tastes.

There are also Greed versions from all DM maps. The Greed conversions include many changes from there DM version.

Several months of development & testing have been invested in this pack. We hope that you have as much fun playing with our maps we've had to build them.

Game types: 2 CTF, 5 DM, 4 Greed, 1 VCTF, 1 WAR

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Download for PC (Manual installation):

FileFront
    FilePlanet
    Megashares
    Odedge
    Unreal.FR
    UT-Files
    UTZone

Download for PC (Windows installer):

FileFront
    Odedge
    UT-Files

Download for PS3 (Manual installation):

FileFront
    Odedge
    UT3MOD (each file available in USERDATA.JAM, not as a whole pack)

Manual installation:

Extract the UOF Map Pack.rar archive into :

"...\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps" directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it.

Automatic installer:

Run UOF Map Pack.exe & follow the steps.

Manual installation for PS3:

Extract UOF Map Pack for PS3.rar. Each map of this pack as is own directory since you must copy each of the USERDATA.JAM file to a data card and insert it into the PS3 console. Note that WAR-UOF-Artica couldn't make it.

Credits:

Level designers:
    Craig 'Diesalot'
    'Bl!tz', Éric Rigard
    'Odedge', Jeff
    Joe-1x '1xTrEmE'
    'Thrallala', Jonatan Czapnik
    'Lord PorkSword', Michael Lomman
    Sébastien 'NOVA'

Internal coordination:
    1xTrEmE, Bl!tz, Odedge

Advertisements, compilation, readme template, main readme for PC / PS3 archives:
    Stevelois

Greed conversion:
    Odedge & Lord_PorkSword

Windows Installer:
    Odedge

Wallpapers:
    Thrallala

Special requests:
    Sébastien 'NOVA'

Testers:
    All level designers + KaiShun, rathalos150, Rulaman, Stevelois, TIPPER & Zergling

Others:
    Euchreplayer23 for everything regarding the PS3 conversion
    Epic for the editor & assets
    ClickTeam Install Creator for the free installer (http://www.clickteam.com)

Packs:

UOF Map Pack (pack #1), released July 2010
    UOF Map Pack 2 (pack #2), released April 2011
    UOF DM Map Pack (pack #3, part 1 of 2), released December 2011
    UOF EG Map Pack (pack #3, part 2 of 2), released December 2011
    UOF LP Map Pack (pack #4), released July 2013

Redeemer

Woohooooooo downloading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner 849

Exclamation

Here's a FilePlanet mirror: FilePlanet

Please note that you'll need a speccy rig to run Artica with good framerates!
    Last edited by Lord_PorkSword; 07-02-2010 at 04:07 AM.
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Thumbs up lindo

just dwnld so play first 2 ctf maps are incredible . i play most of my times ctf & dm and these one grate werk i like these music obrigado amigos

Boomshot

wow a uof mappack thx guys
    i seen some maps and wow good work
    UT3DOM 5.0 IS OUT http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/news.php
    PATCH 2.0 [/url] malcolm is back in ut3
    RANKIN is BACK in ut3
    AT LAST UT3 PS3 NOW HAVE COSTUM SOUND SWEET
    ps3 players all go too this site http://www.iamgaming.com/
    its the best ps3 comunaty for ut3 at ps3

Boomshot

Aero - Nice map, layout seems to flow well. There were a few places where i wish i could have wall dodged between platforms and fell short. For example, from the belt to the ledge above the shock rifle. The Purple PP is a nice idea, thankfully it doesnt affect low settings so i wouldnt notice it if i was actually playing. If it did it would probably get annoying, maybe it if had only done it two or three times it could have been better then lasting until it's picked up.

Hibernate - Looks amazing! Not that I would expect any less from Thrallala I think the fog could have been ess, it seems quite bright. Love the loo of the icey rocks in the background, and the skybox fits in well too. Found a few little collisions that i got stuck on, most annoying was at sniper where the beams are on the curved window areas, each one has its own collision so you can get stuck inbetween them.

Hidrotrik - Nice map, flows well and has some nice z-axis. There were a few places where it could have looked much nice if walls had been trimmed. A few SMs on corners of buildings didn't line up looked messy compared to the rest of the map. And one other thing. No shield belt?

OrbitalFlux - SPACE!! Seems like amap for some good fun. Although, im not sure it really needed 3 powerups and a redeemer. That's a little overkill imo. Collisions on all the lights on the ground had me bobbign up and down, id rather the floor be flat. Lighting wise it's not bad, although considering how bright it is the fact there are pitch black shadows in some places looks odd, just a dim skylight could have solved that and it would have looked better imo. Personally id say shooing people over the edge should have them die and not teleport to the top again, but that's me.

Peak - A proper unreal map Id have liked to have seen some trim on the plaforms and walls in the map but other then that, good job.

Incinerate - Another stunner by Thrallala. Map has some nice open z-axis. Looks awesome, but also hurts the FPS quite a bit. Especially on max details. Standing on rooftops or up at the sniper I was dropping to 40FPS. Loving Batman though ;P. Also some quite insane LOS down the corridors, you can easy stand on the red sides stinger and see the blue sides flag. Final tyhing i went to get the deemer, then got stuck on a bad collision and died as a result. But i havent got stuck twice, so not sure what happened.

AndAction - Not sure UT3 needed another. I wasn't too keen on the PP and the middle pillar has some bad collisions that make wall dodges off it hard. It looks nice, but I think there are enough AndActions out there.

Compound - God i havent played vCTF in ages. However, I really like this. Gives routes to people onfoot without having to constantly worry about enemy vehicles unless they do this
    Maybe some forced dir volumes for certain vehicles would have been a nice idea, unless you intended this. One thing that really bugs me is the lighting. It is really quite bland, and i find it hard to tell where i am or even which side of the map im on. Some team coloured lights would have been very welcoming, and some other lights to contrast the beige ones throughout the level. However, the gameplay seems solid to me.

Artica - I play Warfare lots, and i've made some maps. This might be alright for pub play. Although, the FPS is harsh, im getting 60FPS on a good system, and i can push 150 in some stock maps, where other players only push 60 there. Layout wise, it's your average 3 node setup that works well. Although size wise it's pretty big, you aren't going to cater for the smaller player counts that pickup[s or competitive games offer. The terrain although colourful is painful to look at constantly especially whilst playing. And like your other map in this pack, there are tons of pickups. The worst is the invun(s) at core. If an enemy grabs that when the core is attackable, you will have pretty much lost it. LOS in the map is big you can easily shoot red core from the red prime and other nodes at distance too. Other minor details such as trims in places and floating pickups. Others might lije it, it's a nice effort but imo flawed however, i do like to play warfare with smaller teams (5v5) and play it well.

Overall it's a nice pack, can't comment on music/ambient sounds in any of the maps as i don't play with them on. I noticed alot of maps having the enforcer pickup, personally i find it a bit ott, as dual enforcers are a nasty setup grabbing a second shouldn't be so easy. Also lack of shield belts

MSgt. Shooter Person

Very nice job UOF team!
    Ive posted my freeback on your site.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thumbs up

All in all a great map pack

in proper RESPECTFUL order

AndAction! - kickass redux

Aero great - holp map

Hibernate - mad skillz

Hidrotrik - incredible

OrbitalFlux - fun fun fun

Peak - great to have this one

Incinerate - excellent even with the various collision problems

Compound - VCTF at its absolute best

Artica - A one of a kind - war fans alike will love this map

P.S. Crazy bastard not sure what your diliberate out of order slight review is all about obviously you have a chip you your shoulder. - deal with it and get on with your bad self and don't knock skilled talent like this unless you really are just a crazy bastard on the reals.

Nuff said

Good job UOF mappers.

MSgt. Shooter Person

BTW even with the unnecessary drama or jealousy this 5 stars period.

Seems like you all had a great time on this pack, - kudos to all of ya and thx for sharing and contributing.

About my map Aero :
    Quote Originally Posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
    There were a few places where i wish i could have wall dodged between platforms and fell short. For example, from the belt to the ledge above the shock rifle.
    I have think to that too, but too late to do it, but if we release a fix version of the pack, I will make that possible!

The Purple PP is a nice idea, thankfully it doesnt affect low settings so i wouldnt notice it if i was actually playing. If it did it would probably get annoying, maybe it if had only done it two or three times it could have been better then lasting until it's picked up.
    This feature was controversial in our beta test, some like it, some found it annoying like you, a question of tast, but again I will think to that if we release a fix

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
    P.S. Crazy bastard not sure what your diliberate out of order slight review is all about obviously you have a chip you your shoulder. - deal with it and get on with your bad self and don't knock skilled talent like this unless you really are just a crazy bastard on the reals.
    Hey Gussie, keep cool man, Cr4zy is a well know mapper over there and he just give some constructive critisim, nothing else, no offense

Seems like you all had a great time on this pack, - kudos to all of ya and thx for sharing and contributing.
    thx !

Boomshot

thx all for support; encouragements and taking time to share ur feelings & comments

peace
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

Iron Guard

Hi there!
    Thanks for all feedback and kind words, it's a great bunch of maps and I'm glad you guys like what we've done.

Also big thanks to the entire UOF crew, had a blast working with all of you on this pack, I'm sure the UT3 community haven't seen the last of us

Incinerate - Another stunner by Thrallala. Map has some nice open z-axis. Looks awesome, but also hurts the FPS quite a bit. Especially on max details. Standing on rooftops or up at the sniper I was dropping to 40FPS. Loving Batman though ;P. Also some quite insane LOS down the corridors, you can easy stand on the red sides stinger and see the blue sides flag. Final tyhing i went to get the deemer, then got stuck on a bad collision and died as a result. But i havent got stuck twice, so not sure what happened.
    I kinda rushed this map, I should have planned it better cause in the end there was pretty much nothing more I could do for the fps than rebuilding most of the map and at that time that wasn't an option.

Hibernate - Looks amazing! Not that I would expect any less from Thrallala I think the fog could have been ess, it seems quite bright. Love the loo of the icey rocks in the background, and the skybox fits in well too. Found a few little collisions that i got stuck on, most annoying was at sniper where the beams are on the curved window areas, each one has its own collision so you can get stuck inbetween them.
    I should have added better collisions for those beams @ the sniper area, must have slipped my mind

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great job guys. I do have a favorite but I'm not telling

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    thx all for support; encouragements and taking time to share ur feelings & comments

peace
    I'm good with that!

@Crazy Bastard (i certainly do admire your maps and your work) - maybe you have heard of Sneh? (there is a pretty kewl audio track remixed my him included with the CTF-UOF-AndAction! map) - I wasn't aware that anyone else had remade the map with the exception of my former 2K9 release, there is an explanation in the readme file included with my map.

Besides the audio selling point, - i have to edit this post and word it better because i think my first reaction probably came off wrong the same as me thinking that the comments about AA were critical or singling out my work.

Obviously we all have very different styles, tastes and preferences. Some designers like large maps some like small maps, some like HOLP maps some like Next-gen style and some are in the middle.

Hopefully we can all appreciate that all of us come from different points of view and different worlds as far as our taste and such, personally i enjoy fierce action and a serious challenge, some other authors might enjoy a slower more laid back pace i tend to think it typically shows in the designers release.

As far as the map i contributed to this pack; we have incredible fun on it! - IF ya play on lan this map is great 5 vs 5 AI, and if ya took time to read the readme file then you should know that this AI doesn't miss a beat bro.

@everyone else; i'm sorry i originally intended to have CTF-RainBase in this pack, thankfully when i injured myself my good friends in OUF suggested that i go with this as a contingency

MSgt. Shooter Person

From where I am standing, it sounds like you have the chip on your shoulder. Crazy gave the most thorough review so far. If people are going to submit their work to be played by the public, then people are going to judge it. Very few maps ever come close to being perfect, so there is always room for improvements. By commenting critically on a map, you highlight those areas and these can either be changed on that map, or be taken into account in future builds.

Now I can't comment myself as I have not downloaded and played. But I am sure if I was going to take the time to actually critically review the map (which it is clear that crazy has done), then I would probably have a few things to say. That does not mean I have an issue with any of the mappers. Also one has to come to expect that you cannot please everyone. People want different things, all the time, alot of which contradict each other.

Anyway, nice work guys. Good to see you finally got it out.
    Last edited by Syphix; 07-02-2010 at 05:00 PM.
    CTF-Nucleus - MSUC finalist
    DM-Stormdrain - Beta

Boomshot

I was giving my honest opinion and trying to give the mappers something to imp[rove on, it may have come across harsh, but when i get feedback i prefer people to tell me the truth and not try to be kind.

If you like it all well and good, but i play this game with high skilled players and dont often play pub games, my views on a map will differ to most peoples, not sure what your problem is with it. Everyone can improve and i was trying to show them where, at the end of it they're their maps and if they dont want to implement my thoughts they do not have to

Quote Originally Posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
    About my map Aero :
    I have think to that too, but too late to do it, but if we release a fix version of the pack, I will make that possible!

This feature was controversial in our beta test, some like it, some found it annoying like you, a question of tast, but again I will think to that if we release a fix
    Glad you didn't hate me for the feedback. At first sight they looked possible once you play more and know they aren't possible you get used to it, it doesnt hurt the flow, it would have just been nice, if you fix i that would be nice, but it's your map do what you want

Yeah i accept you can't please everyone, being a mapper i know how hard it is to get everything right. Was still one of, if not the nicest gameplay wise in the pack imo

edit: oops didnt see page 2 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Thrallala View Post
    I kinda rushed this map, I should have planned it better cause in the end there was pretty much nothing more I could do for the fps than rebuilding most of the map and at that time that wasn't an option.

I should have added better collisions for those beams @ the sniper area, must have slipped my mind
    Hey if theres nothing you forgot in a map you'd be on a good payroll :P There are always small issues

Quote Originally Posted by 1XTreme View Post
    @Crazy Bastard - surely you have heard of Sneh?
    Besides that selling point, - obviously you and me come from 2 entirely different worlds - (while i do admire your maps and your work) - this is everything you should have released if you like the action - and you didn't - bud i do and i did, so that's it bro. - Look man this isn't about flexing my muscles or tooting my horn - its just about the action brought forward UT3 style man - what more can i say?
    Not sure what your gig is but if your ever up for some pure flat out action play my map and crank the music -- We have incredible fun on it! - IF ya play on lan this map is great 5 vs 5 AI, and if ya took time to read the readme file then you should know that this AI doesn't miss a beat bro.
    Im not saying it's a bad remake, and as i stated i dont play with music on I was meerly stating that there are already several version of the map, nothing wrong with improving your skills, however i do prefer original maps :x

Quote Originally Posted by Syphix View Post
    From where I am standing, it sounds like you have the chip on your shoulder. Crazy gave the most thorough review so far. If people are going to submit their work to be played by the public, then people are going to judge it. Very few maps ever come close to being perfect, so there is always room for improvements. By commenting critically on a map, you highlight those areas and these can either be changed on that map, or be taken into account in future builds.
    Now I can't comment myself as I have not downloaded and played. But I am sure if I was going to take the time to actually critically review the map (which it is clear that crazy has done), then I would probably have a few things to say. That does not mean I have an issue with any of the mappers. Also one has to come to expect that you cannot please everyone. People want different things, all the time, alot of which contradict each other.
    Exactly this, i don't mean to offend anyone, although it may have come across harsh, usually being harsh is the best way to let people know. If you go all soft on them they might not take notice or change it at all. As i said, i prefer people to be honest and get to the point about issues they have in my maps. I try to please them by fixing or adding things they suggest. if i can't or feel that to me it wouldn't hep i won't do it. Im not trying to force anyone to do anything, just to give them some help at improving.
    Last edited by Cr4zy; 07-02-2010 at 03:41 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for all the comments / feedback guys much appretiated.

@Crazy. The lighting was something that the guys mentioned but i wanted to keep with realism.
    Like the other guys said if theres to be an updated version. Its the main area i intend to work on.
    Thanks for the review my man.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by diesalot View Post
    Thanks for all the comments / feedback guys much appretiated.

@Crazy. The lighting was something that the guys mentioned but i wanted to keep with realism.
    Like the other guys said if theres to be an updated version. Its the main area i intend to work on.
    Thanks for the review my man.
    Realisim is cool, and it does look more realistic, but this is UT ^^ . I mean the gameplay is solid, but i do like to do awesome lighting.

Cr4zyB4st4rd ? why keep pick maps????
    COMPREENDEMOS A BP está em grande quantidade de dificuldade mas deveria investir na Petrobras ...

MSgt. Shooter Person

wow excellent work guys Just got home so I'll download asap
    ~proud to be within the top 50.000 UT3 players of the world ~

DM-Elysium
    VCTF-Dreaming Ruins
    CTF-Simplicissimus SE
    DM-Hanoi
    VCTF-Valhalla_2010

God King

@Flak

THX for making the thread sticky

@Everyone

THX so far for your nice words, it's appreciated

@Cr4zyB4st4rd

THX for the detailed feedback on all maps. While I don't have a map myself in this pack, I would had like to know what you think of it

Only thing I must add about this :

...I don't mean to offend anyone, although it may have come across harsh, usually being harsh is the best way to let people know. If you go all soft on them they might not take notice or change it at all...
    Note that this "way" of explaining ideas is closer to imposing your ideas. It's like a manager behave on the staff in a production line. While it may work with some people, it's not a general rule. Simply put, by behaving harshly or softly in all case isn't good. You will obtain a better result by "proposing" your ideas instead of "imposing" them.

Those guy's are all players & mappers since some time. They're also nice folks with open minded. They know what they're doing but the end result will look & feel differently simply because they're not you & if it's like this or like that, it's for a reason

I do appreciate the time you took to give those guy's detailed feedback on there maps.

My only advice is if you want to make your ideas well receive to others, you must respect there work in the first place no matter if it live up to your expectation or not. That is why others (not the mappers involve but everyone reading your comments) may understand you the wrong way.

Cheers

Boomshot

Yeah sorry I can come off as a bit of an ass at times. :x

Thanks to everyone who downloaded the map and checked it out. Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Mappers can become better if we know what we did well and not so well.

Hidrotrik - Nice map, flows well and has some nice z-axis. There were a few places where it could have looked much nice if walls had been trimmed. A few SMs on corners of buildings didn't line up looked messy compared to the rest of the map. And one other thing. No shield belt?
    Thanks for your specific feed back as well. I appreciate the comment on the game play as this is really my second "original" layout.

I didn't want to mesh every wall given the theme of the map, but I think the way I designed it made it hard for me to mesh it without being repetitive. As for the meshing, this is my weakest (imho) and least favorite part of the process, but I think it's better than my previous map. If only a little bit!

I am not a huge fan of the shield belt and given the size and layout of the map, I don't think it would work while still having the Udamage (which I like having more than the belt).

Boomshot

great work man...........

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    Note that this "way" of explaining ideas is closer to imposing your ideas. It's like a manager behave on the staff in a production line. While it may work with some people, it's not a general rule. Simply put, by behaving harshly or softly in all case isn't good. You will obtain a better result by "proposing" your ideas instead of "imposing" them.

Those guy's are all players & mappers since some time. They're also nice folks with open minded. They know what they're doing but the end result will look & feel differently simply because they're not you & if it's like this or like that, it's for a reason

I do appreciate the time you took to give those guy's detailed feedback on there maps.

My only advice is if you want to make your ideas well receive to others, you must respect there work in the first place no matter if it live up to your expectation or not. That is why others (not the mappers involve but everyone reading your comments) may understand you the wrong way.

Cheers
    That very well said It important to remember we all like different maps and style. Because 1 person think they are good mapper and everyone should like their particular style, not always the case. Sometimes people have re-released maps (updated, made night/day version, or work to make map run better on low end computer).
    I dont know why Cr4zyB4st4rd think he an authority (not really) or why people say it Ok for him to be rude in his comments. That a good way to chase peoples from forum.

I notice Cr4zyB4st4rd work on community bonus pack. So maybe he jealous

This is good map packs. All very nice works.

Boomshot

its about the UOF mappack not about
    Cr4zyB4st4rd rude post whatever so stop the drama
    UT3DOM 5.0 IS OUT http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/news.php
    PATCH 2.0 [/url] malcolm is back in ut3
    RANKIN is BACK in ut3
    AT LAST UT3 PS3 NOW HAVE COSTUM SOUND SWEET
    ps3 players all go too this site http://www.iamgaming.com/
    its the best ps3 comunaty for ut3 at ps3

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice map pack guys, great work.

All DM maps play very well layout wise, and thats the most important thing. They also look great. Unfortunately, my aging PC is really beginning to struggle - a few maps (Hibernate & Peak) dipping into 20s for me.

Seb. Stop. Stop making ridiculously playable and fun maps. Its not fair on my wife and kids

MSgt. Shooter Person

There is a very fine line between constructive criticism, and being thought of as RUDE, and offensive...But just bare in mind that, WITHOUT it, nothing would ever get ether, fixed, nor improved....It just depends on the individual, on how they may take it...Hopefully, most, if not ALL Mappers would love to see their release with all their HARD work and effort, to be a PERFECT one...

With all that said.....Great map pack....love it to bits, many many thanks, for the fun I shall be having :-)

Cheers....
    Swifty

Prisoner 849

Thanx all for the positive response and feedback!
    Hope yaz enjoy playing them as much as we had fun making them!

I love my low grav maps so Flux was my low grav addition to the pack! It was inspired by Morpheus and I wanted it to be very techy looking! Due to complaints with my previous maps of a similar nature I decided to add the facility of players to have a chance of teleporting back into the map rather than fall to their death.

Artica was based on a concept by my wife. Artica has gone through many drastic changes since the beginning and originally was above and below ground but changed to a pure underground enviroment due to performance reasons(funnily enough). I like lots of vehicle action hence the amount of vehicles in the map. I've spent more time on Artica than any other map and found it quite a challenge to balance and was literly working on it til the last hour!

Regarding feedback on my maps, most of the constructive comments mentioned were already discussed a few times during development so I'm not surprised to see them mentioned outside our forums.
    The UOF guys quickly learnt that I'm a powerup, vehicle and bold colours junkie.
    A good example is the bright blue ice in Artica.
    The guys suggested that I tone it down a few times but that's how I wanted it, so it stayed, where as other things were changed and ended up looking better than I could have ever thought!
    Working with my fellow UOF mappers is great as we can agree to disagree on many issues but ultimately we all respect the authors direction on the map even if it doesn't appeal to the majority of others!

I believe as long as yaz have fun with the maps in our pack then I consider them a success!

I look forward to being involved in another pack if we decide to go ahead with one.
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by coolcat22 View Post
    its about the UOF mappack not about
    Cr4zyB4st4rd rude post whatever so stop the drama
    yes plz !

Quote Originally Posted by [FnG]Bawsy View Post
    Seb. Stop. Stop making ridiculously playable and fun maps. Its not fair on my wife and kids
    lol thx Bawsy

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    I dont know why Cr4zyB4st4rd think he an authority (not really) or why people say it Ok for him to be rude in his comments. That a good way to chase peoples from forum.

You released map pack. I tested and commented on the map pack. That's what happens, I gave you my opinion because that is what a forum is for. Sorry if you didn't like my honest opinion, but you can't have expected that everyone would be an instant fan, pleasing everyone just doesn't work :/

It's like some people didn't expect criticism..

Seems like some people just don't want to listen unless its sugar coated feedback
    Last edited by Cr4zy; 07-03-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Skaarj

Looks awesome! I'm downloading this right now.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    That very well said It important to remember we all like different maps and style. Because 1 person think they are good mapper and everyone should like their particular style, not always the case. Sometimes people have re-released maps (updated, made night/day version, or work to make map run better on low end computer).

This is good map packs. All very nice works.
    i just want to mention that half of the UOF troup did some betatesting for the last cbp pack update , so there s absolutly no conflicts...
    ...if some cbp members comments our work it show that they have some interrest for our maps...i m proud and honnored by that!

personnaly i dont found Crazy s post so rude and he only took time to test n comment ....thx for that ;-)

we are amateur mappers and our main targets is to have fun and to help to keep UT alive as long as possible; all thoses posts are nice; thx guys ;-)

edit:
    i forgot to thx all thoses dinosaurs of mapping for giving me the occasion to do/try to do some conversions/remakes...hahaha^^
    Last edited by Bl!tz~; 07-03-2010 at 08:51 AM.
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

@ people who don't understand Cr4zy's Constructive Criticism.

I'd rather have constructive criticism on my work than generic "I LIK IT. ITS GOOD" comments. Mappers in a way are artists and for an artist to improve criticism is needed People just saying it's "good" all the time doesn't help one improve. Flaws need to be pointed out as well as good points being highlighted.

Iron Guard

1st. Much respect to the community.

OK guys look, this obviously isn't CBP4 or 5 .....

This is the UOF "Unreal Old Friends" map pack.

Just because someone who worked on the CBP maps has given us some constructive feedback doesn't mean that our pack is about them correct?--

Knock it off - thx.

& let us move on.

Hey Crazy - Dude i love your style man you rock seriously... - - Now for all who still play this awesome technological achievement known as Unreal - Grab ya a download and have fun!

Redeemer

my name is rek, i have downloaded this mappack and am currently putting it through its paces.

no complaints yet!
    thank you for your dedication and efforts regarding this "dead" game.
    no matter what the online player counts say, it's work like this that keeps people playing online or off!
    Worse than you thought, but better than you think.

MSgt. Shooter Person

ok after playing the first few maps, I'm really impressed! The only flaw I found was that WAR-Artica had so much bloom that the bloom effects looked very low-rez like. maybe it's better to play that map without bloom.
    ~proud to be within the top 50.000 UT3 players of the world ~

DM-Elysium
    VCTF-Dreaming Ruins
    CTF-Simplicissimus SE
    DM-Hanoi
    VCTF-Valhalla_2010

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast