MSgt. Shooter Person

Default static mesh catalogue download?

I have seen the static mesh catalogue at http://utmapping.wikidot.com/static-mesh-catalog
    and there are hundreds more than what I have when I downloaded the UT3 and UDK packages which include only some of the above.
    Where can I download some of those listed in the catalogue?
    Thanks

Iron Guard

Nowhere legal I'd say... Those are pictures of the contents of the Unreal Tournament 3 packages.

be friendly alex... lol
    Last edited by eAlex79; 05-12-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: prophet64 PSN ID: Piranhi

Those meshes are found in Unreal Tournament 3's editor, you only get a couple of them in UDK which are used for the show off levels. If you want to use them, then you'll need to revert to using the editor in UT3.
    Level Designer on UE4 Title - Fable: Legends.
    http://www.lionhead.com/

Twitter
    Portfolio

Iron Guard

http://www.turbosquid.com/ could provide short term 3d support in lieu of regressing to UT3

MSgt. Shooter Person

Spend time making ya own.Before you know it you will have a huge asset collection.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hm yes those are from UT3 so you couldn't use them (legally anyway)

As for the above post, it does make sense to a point... but you have to understand, not everyone is as good at creating models.

This would be like me saying that you should all record and use your own sounds that you created and then you'll have tons... well for me that's simple because I'm a sound designer so I'm pretty good at doing this, but not everyone is. I'm pretty good at 3D modeling, but am not good at creating characters, so you telling me to make my own characters would pretty much be pointless.

Maybe there are people that don't know very much about modeling and don't have anyone to model for them, so the only options they have are 3D content library.

Oh there are some places to get 3D assests from... if you can convert stuff from googlewarehouse or 3DVia you can use that. I think there's one called 3DXtras that has some things for use. You have to import them but they are 3D models that anyone can use.

I don't konw the liscencing so I'm not sure about that.