Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boomshot

Default DM-Phobos [Final][PC]

DM-Phobos & DM-Phobos-LG

Version: Final

Authors: Eric "Bl!tz" Rigard & Rulaman

Description from Beyondunreal:

This Martian space station is caught between Mars and its satellite Phobos, resulting in a chaotic rotation. Fortunately, the gravity generators are working well enough to lend a fast paced rhythm to deathmatch.
    This arena is set in space, inside and atop a satellite orbiting the Phobos moon. It is considered by many people to be one of the finest deathmatch maps in the game. Through the use of well connected spaces, plenty of z-axis fighting and good weapon placement this map has earned its title as a classic, as well as a remake DM-Phobos2 (UT2004) and a partial remake DM-Deimos (UT3).

DM-Phobos is part of the challenge ladder. Here you will face Xan's team.

Read-me:

---------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL INFOS:

MapName: DM-Phobos & DM-Phobos-LG

Filename: DM-Phobos.7z

Authors: Eric "Bl!tz" Rigard & Rulaman

EMail:
    rigardbill@hotmail.com
    rulaman@rs-ateg.de

Forum & webby:
    http://unrealoldfriends.activeboard.com
    http://www.ateg-multigamers.de

Credits:
    Respect & full credit to Cedric 'Inoxx' Fiorentino for the original version in UT99.
    www.spacewallpapers.net for the space picts.
    Stevelois for the dual enforcer tuto.
    The UOF crew for the help, feedback, motivation & frienship especially Lord Porkword, Stevelois, Thrallala, 1xtreme ,Sebastien Nova, Diesalot & Rathalos.
    All the guys from Epics forum for betatesting & feedback: coolcat22, Gussie[MK], MamiyaOtaru, Coreper, M^vL, Rhykker, WedgeBob, Molosev & TheFirestorm.
    Epic for the tool.
    Euchreplayer23 for the PS3 cook.

-------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR's NOTES:

History:
    This Martian space station is caught between Mars and its satellite Phobos, resulting in a chaotic rotation.
    Fortunately, the gravity generators are working well enough to lend a fast paced rhythm to deathmatch.
    Addaptation of phobos from Cedric 'Inoxx' Fiorentino.

Comments:
    Remake of the UT99 original Phobos.

Description:
    An old scool map with lot of Z-Axis action. Low Grav on the "LG" version.Some extras like triggered lift and door.(like in the original)Original music include.

Release Date: May2010
    --------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots:

DOWNLOAD on UT3.game-maps.net

DOWNLOAD on FileFront

DOWNLOAD on ut3.ut-files.com

PS3 DOWNLOAD (big thanks to Euchreplayer23 for the ps3 version)
    Last edited by Bl!tz~; 04-21-2012 at 11:38 PM.
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person

Looks spot on from the screenshots. Will check it out and post some feedback.

Edit:

Played a few rounds. Overall a good remake.

A few things I suggest you should look into:

-The dynamic objects that have dynamic shadows enabled. The shadows pass through everything, floors walls etc.
    I know that's a limitation of the engine and there isn't a way to fix it, so perhaps turn off the shadows?
    -The door that leads to the invisibility power-up is perfectly black.
    -The simple gray metal texture on some of the door frames doesn't look too good...
    Last edited by Remus; 05-09-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Boomshot

thx for comments and suggestions m8
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W

Boomshot

wow good work
    you really made a good remake
    thx for at me at the credits
    UT3DOM 5.0 IS OUT http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/news.php
    PATCH 2.0 [/url] malcolm is back in ut3
    RANKIN is BACK in ut3
    AT LAST UT3 PS3 NOW HAVE COSTUM SOUND SWEET
    ps3 players all go too this site http://www.iamgaming.com/
    its the best ps3 comunaty for ut3 at ps3

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by coolcat22 View Post
    wow good work
    you really made a good remake
    thx for at me at the credits

thx coolcat

MSgt. Shooter Person

Link appears down

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by xfuture View Post
    Link appears down
    weird..srry of that; direct link works perfectly from here

...link to filefront added

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    wasn't the original one low gravity?
    no.... original one was normal grav with no doubt...and after building the LG version we now know why, the triggered lift and the jumpboots makes no sence with low grav:

-the top sniper spot u can leave without damage only by using the triggered lift 1....but if u can jump from there without damage the top lift command/trigger becomes useless

-jumpboots + lowgrav + liftjump send ya in the sky...it s quite fun... but it wasnt so on original and give random landing

we tryed to be as close to the original as possible on gameplay but as we have read several post like yours we decided to "build" a LG version to please everyone....even if it s impossible
    Last edited by Bl!tz~; 05-10-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Redeemer

Big Grin

Now I'll have to go back and try the original before I try these versions.

Ah, Phobos, I remember now! It took me forever to get past the metallic bots in the single-player ladder the first time through in the original UT way back when.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: molosevTHOR

Very nice map Bl!tz !

I enjoyed the lil' visual anecdotes you added in various places
    (dead body beneath the main lift, engine room, sky, effects,..).
    Nice general flow.

About the normal gravity version, I found a way to jump from "sniper tower" to the ground without being hurt
    Just have to jump to the steep slope area (shown in white in the picture below).
    Guess this trick is part of the original level concept.

Well it's quite difficult to land correctly, especially under pressure.
    So don't worry, your triggerable lift still keeps purpose

Congrats m8 !
    Last edited by molosev; 05-10-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Boomshot

thx molosev, glad u like it and big thx to rulaman too,the map have really better looking with his "touch", he s co-author and 50 % of the credits goes to him

bout the landing with no damage....u re a flying monkey too haha^^

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great job!

Another golden oldie, and another superb conversion. Many thanks - its a keeper!

Boomshot

thx for sweet words Bawsy m8

Iron Guard

Hiya Bl!tz!

Hey haven't been active in a while, (the responsibilities of life & such)

I'll have to check the final out, looks like it polished up nicely, - it has a dynamic look to it judging from the screens, it appears you did this one justice old friend, i knew you would. I'll post again after we run around this a bit over the weekend.

Iron Guard

Whoa!

Great job on this one! - I can easily give ya 5+ on this bad boy, lots of very neat details - but of course not over-kill!

It would have been easy for ya to spoil the map with too much tech everywhere like monitors and such, but you did this one right IMO, it has an element of originality and a great UT3 feel to it.

• Lighting is great
    • lift speeds are good
    • texture work & trim all feel right
    • Deimos is perfect (nice touch)
    • Mars looks like Mars.
    • I also like the grated recesses on the walls in the bases.
    • Nice scaling ++! - good job.

We owned the bots on it when we did 3 humans vs. 3 bots on inhuman instagib. (if ya set them any higher your dead before you even see them)

Glad to see this Phobos brought forward and done right with this level of quality. - You rock GUYS! - good work..

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great remake. Sometimes I miss the older version of the game. The graphics may not have been as pretty, but, I think it was more fun then. Epic lost their way with UT3. Mappers like you are taking us back. Keep up the good work.

Boomshot

thx mates; really happy that u like it and again big thx to rulaman(co-author) without who the map had never be what it is

Prisoner 849

Some great times of old brought into the new era with this superb remake M8!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Boomshot

thx bro

Prisoner 849

Added it to our database now, sorry for late response, been busy:

http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1616

Have fun
    MPF Games : Founder
    zunnie.nl : My personal website

Intel Core2Duo 3GHz
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB

Boomshot

thx zunnie; first post updated

Redeemer

i played the hell out of this map way back before i knew how to dodge. when i played ut on my gfriends imac, i'd play with quad jump. thank you kind sir.
    Worse than you thought, but better than you think.

Boomshot

thx rek

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by 1XTreme View Post
    Whoa!

Great job on this one! - I can easily give ya 5+ on this bad boy, lots of very neat details - but of course not over-kill!

It would have been easy for ya to spoil the map with too much tech everywhere like monitors and such, but you did this one right IMO, it has an element of originality and a great UT3 feel to it.

• Lighting is great
    • lift speeds are good
    • texture work & trim all feel right
    • Deimos is perfect (nice touch)
    • Mars looks like Mars.
    • I also like the grated recesses on the walls in the bases.
    • Nice scaling ++! - good job.

We owned the bots on it when we did 3 humans vs. 3 bots on inhuman instagib. (if ya set them any higher your dead before you even see them)

Glad to see this Phobos brought forward and done right with this level of quality. - You rock GUYS! - good work..
    a bit late.....thx for ur words bro; much appreciated
    and thx for testing and taking time to encourage us

psssst! it s not deimos!...lol....phobos

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    a bit late.....thx for ur words bro; much appreciated
    and thx for testing and taking time to encourage us

psssst! it s not deimos!...lol....phobos
    No worries, good job guys! (both of ya)

I thought i saw Deimos floating around as well close by? isn't that the smaller of the 2 moons? For some reason i assumed that the base was located on Phobos hence the name .. - what do i know about Mars any way .. (not much) heh. Its all good. Thx Rulaman! Thx Blitz!

Skaarj

Many thx to you mates..
    We are very happy that you like our work.
    Just a note: Shame on me, I have never seen the original map, so my touch at this was only inspiration...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Awesome, thanks for making this. Heavy BSP, but it works and looks fine thanks to textures and lighting. I think it's funny how you have pulse rifle ammo and no pulse rifle in the level, just like the original. I wish there was another weapon you could have in place of the enforcers so I could use the weapon switcher mutator to put a ripper there without giving everyone a ripper to start with. Pulse rifle? But then you'd have to remove the random pulse rifle ammo around the level or it would turn into extra ripper ammo and part of the oddness of the map would be lost

The one real bug I noticed was bots having trouble getting up from the spawn point on extension platform two. They'd run out towards the base of the ramp up, and half the time they'd turn around before getting there and running back without taking the ramp.

It differs in small ways from the original (which is not to say bad, but different): Extension platform 3 has only one ramp up in the original. The sloped area leading to the redeemer was walkable (perhaps nothing you can do about this) and the lift button on the tower is 90 degrees off from where it used to be. I can't hide right next to the spire without setting it off Also the doorway from the ripper hall into the main room has a tilted bit that makes it very difficult to bounce rippers into the main room at head height (though if you didn't play with ripper and weapon replacement mutator you'd never notice this). Pics below:

I also miss Mars being red (even if it isn't really as red IRL as it was in ut99), and looming over the map like it did.

Small small complaints though. And I could have mentioned them in beta if I really had a problem with them.

Boomshot

@steve:thx for support bro

@1X: in fact we have use the real phobos texture from real pictures and applyed em on the stock broken planet (diformed to fit to phobos geometrie) not perfect but honnestly it looks more like phobos than deimos...imo
    here are some infos:
    http://www.planete-astronomie.com/Ma...ellites-00.php

@mamiya: glad that purists like u appreciate it & thx for taking time to comment

btw no probs for posting ur comments in final mate ;as u posted in beta too...so...thx for support
    -yeah the bots looping on the outside part jump to eyes in 1v1 vs bots...srry
    -rofl for the link ammo; rula pointed it to me ; i havent noticed it even while replacing ammos on the map one after the other...old head
    -was a visual mistake about windows on original:2 windows inside and only one visible outside; we have add a second outside as it dont change the gameplay
    -the sloped area leading to the redeemer wasnt walkable as it seem that in ut99 u can walk sloped planes with more inclination(░)...we decided to substract a little "walkable corridor" to keep the access to the reedemer not too complex
    -for mars coloration, u re totally right here too but we tryed to go on the more "reallistic side"

i m a fan of the ripper but sometimes it s invisible....no idea why...else we had probably include it
    Last edited by Bl!tz~; 05-19-2010 at 12:06 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thumbs up Keep It Up!

+5 stars
    Another Great remake from Brother Blitz.

Please Keep up the good work and Thank You. I enjoyed your custom poster/artwork. Very fun map

As far as the ripper I enjoyed it in it in UT99, but the the ripper seems to be broken in this version.

Iron Guard

Thumbs up

This looks like a very nice remake, will try it tonight.
    If it can't be modded, it ain't worth ****.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
    +5 stars
    Another Great remake from Brother Blitz

Please Keep up the good work and Thank You. I enjoyed your custom poster/artwork. Very fun map

As far as the ripper I enjoyed it in it in UT99, but the the ripper seems to be broken in this version.
    thx bro ; glad that u like it

4tx4: thx mate i hope u ll like it

Redeemer

Thanks for making this! Good job on it. It's a little dark for my tired eyes and much darker than the original but other than that its perfect! Can't wait for your Peak!

Boomshot

thx mate....it is a challenge for tired old eyes....haha^^

btw i played a couple of games on your spacenoxx online....ENORMOUS!!!

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    thx mate....it is a challenge for tired old eyes....haha^^

btw i played a couple of games on your spacenoxx online....ENORMOUS!!!
    Yeah I forgot to mention tired OLD eyes . That's awesome you had fun on Noxx!

Redeemer

Thumbs up great remake!

So, this has been made for UT, UT2003, UT2004 and now UT3 (with a bonus version). As usual, I'll start describing each and then the two new UT3 versions.

DM-Phobos (for UT) by Inoxx >> (aka Phobos Moon) As I said before, I used to hate this level because when I first tried it in the single-player ladder, the stupid metallic bots owned me. This first and original version has some serious rotation outside with the stars, moon, Mars (red in this one), asteroids, sun, galaxy and nebula and all of this looks good. Well chosen locations outside for the sniper rifles, shield belt, Udamage, redeemer and jump boots as well as other weapons/items inside. This one has good textures, trim and lighting. I like the gameplay in this even though the adept bots still kick my a$$. Did I mention the intense z-axis?

DM-Phobos2 (for UT2003) by Inoxx >> crazy rings around Mars now and still red, satellites, updated graphics and updated custom music, things still rotate but it's a little more subtle, the extended platforms are redesigned but not necessarily good, extra room and now low gravity by default, new textures/meshes, bots are good, interesting pickup placements.

DM-Phobos2 (for UT2004) by Inoxx >> upgraded version from UT2003 but almost the same. From what I can tell, Inoxx redid both of these for the new games.

DM-Phobos (for UT3) by Bl!tz~ >> Yes, this one is definitely upgraded from the original UT layout, which I like better than the UT2003/UT2004 layouts. I like the banners, holograms, electric sparks, control room, haze, lit pickup areas, plasma floor and texture/mesh combination and this tends to give the map a personal touch with the good lighting and good scaling. I keep forgetting that Phobos and Deimos are moons of Mars and I thought Mars in this one was just a moon; the non-red color can be deceiving but it looks good and more realistic (also no asteroids in this one). The gameplay is also similar to the original UT version and I like the enforcer in place of the ripper to get double enforcers; although, the rocket launcher almost makes even the double enforcer almost useless (I said almost). I noticed the bots are slightly easier, but this could just be my UT3 setting. I also liked all the subtle and small changes from the original.

DM-Phobos-LG (for UT3) by Bl!tz~ >> the low gravity is cool and similar to UT2003/UT2004 version or the UT with it activated. It gives the map a whole different feel (mostly outside) and is fun!

God King

Awesome map remake Bl!tz~! I'm a great fan of UT and I wish they would have made such cool remakes like yours instead of those you have in UT3. Face for example is not Face anymore IMO. Too many changes over the years..
    Waiting for other cool remakes
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AlphaSt3XC

Very nice old map.... ahh memory TY m8 - put in my server right now
    Last edited by Stalker729; 09-14-2010 at 02:17 PM.
    I don't make a map's. I resurrect them....
    UT3 MAPS: DM-Zahltag_City_RTS, DM-ZeitKind_City_RTS, DM-Mojo][_RTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast