Thread: DM-DemonsKeep

Skaarj

Map - Deathmatch (PC) DM-DemonsKeep

Name: DM-DemonsKeep
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: 2.1
    Description: This level is a remake of the Quake 3 level Q3DM15 - Demon Keep
    Comments: This is my first map for an Unreal Engine at all.- I am used to the Hammer Editor and the Source Engine, so my first results for UT3 may not be the best...
    Screenshots:

Credits:
    Thx to:
    Chonglee for his "Quake3 Export for UT3" Tutorial.
    All members of the UOF community with some very usefull tutorials, tips and hints, and beta testing.
    Especially thx to Stevelois for his "How to include custom music" tutorial, and Odedge for his cool "Directional Jump Pad Emitter Package".
    And of course I want to thank Uncle Bl!tz for testing some unreleased Betas of the map, and being a good friend with his advice in Unreal and Real life .
    [BN]-=OUCH=-, because some of his great Maps were responsible that I have (re-)started playing UT3 at all.
    Very special Thanks also to Prometheus and Twisted Records for allowing me to use the great track "Mekong Delta" for background music in this map!

Download:
    Note: Downloadlink updated. Archive contains now DM-DemonsKeep_SE. (Some smaller issues fixed)
    DM-DemonsKeep.rar
    Last edited by rulaman; 05-06-2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Downloadlink updated

Boomshot

nice job bro, fast & fun map
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

Skaarj

Thx m8s, you helped me a lot to get this map finished!

Prisoner 849

You should make some Q3 fans happy with this gem M8!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Prisoner 849

Nice one m8 I was a big Q3 fan.
    Intel Quad Core i7 860 2.80-3.20Ghz, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3, 8GB 1333 DDR3 Zeppelin Ram, Navida GTX 460 1GB, Windows 7 64.

Deinonychus the Raptor

Redeemer

Smile decent remake!

Q3DM15-DemonKeep (original Q3 version) >> this Q3 map has an interesting upside-down crosses gauntlet room, Q3 evil textures, wild jumppad action, lava lakes and rivers, and is just one wild map so the UT3 remake should be interesting as well.

DM-DemonsKeep (for UT3) >> no recommended player load in the preview shot, the fire and smoke look good but the lava looks terrible (ok not terrible but it could be better), I like the music but I'm not sure if it fits the map but I shouldn't complain because I can actually hear it and it's good. The layout is the same or at least similar to the original but it seems to be lacking some detail that UT3 can provide. The gameplay is the same and I noticed haste (I think that's what this is called), invisibility and quad damage included from Q3 while playing. Also, looks like the gauntlet changed to spiked balls instead. Overall a decent remake, but it could have used some more details to make it look better; oh, and I almost forgot that some corridors are way too dark.

EDIT: played it again tonight and it's actually not too dark, I like the red/blue symbols, the bots are good and I like this version the best.
    Last edited by SkaarjMaster; 05-01-2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: additional comments

Prisoner 849

Added to our database now, can i add the map to a future mappack maybe?

http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1641

Greetz zunnie
    MPF Games : Founder
    zunnie.nl : My personal website

Intel Core2Duo 3GHz
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB

Redeemer

Big Grin

I had to play through the Q3 I installed last year on my new computer to that tier to check the original out. Of course, I could have just turned on my old computer but where is the fun in that.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by zunnie View Post
    Added to our database now, can i add the map to a future mappack maybe?

http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1641

Greetz zunnie

yoo zunnie
    i know rula is offline theses times so i ve send him ur pack request via mail
    he told that theres no problems to add the map to a mappack if it contain the original "read-me"
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps