Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi Black,

Is there an ETA on when the next update (including the remote database connection/management) code will be released?

Thanks!

MSgt. Shooter Person

New version released, due to a lack of personal time, and there weren't anybody contacting me for a testing job, this version isn't fully tested and the example is just a very small view on what you will be able to do!

Check out inital thread post for Download!

good News, Thank you.
    SQL the database file can be applied?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Due to a request by Dan Cowell I updated the version and added the source codes, missed it before (I'm sorry for this).

New version 3.1.0.2 (more or less HotFix) is available in the initial post!

Best regards

MSgt. Shooter Person

hey man, great work.

BUT we found an huge issue! We used MySql to save a hash encrypted password, wich works fine. But the SELECT statement always crashes the whole thing.

We found out that you cannot SELECT a varchar that has more than 15 characters with MySql!! It works with SQLite though.

We really hope that you can fix it, because we write an online application that really needs a SQL Server.

Thanks in advance.
    Helicopter Source | Download
    UDK Helicopter | Physics
    UDK Helicopter | Laser Guided Missile System

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by DennyRocket View Post
    hey man, great work.

BUT we found an huge issue! We used MySql to save a hash encrypted password, wich works fine. But the SELECT statement always crashes the whole thing.

We found out that you cannot SELECT a varchar that has more than 15 characters with MySql!! It works with SQLite though.

We really hope that you can fix it, because we write an online application that really needs a SQL Server.

Thanks in advance.
    Oh, that is strange....will investigate, thanks!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey, thanks for your fast reply. I just found another strange thing in the file DB_DataProvider.uc. At the end of the three methods Insert, Delete and Update you call the method Select(), wich causes problems too. I commented it out and now it works properly again. What is the purope of this line? :P

UPDATE:

The SELECT statement for SQLite doesn't throw an error, but it also just returns 16 chars at max. The hashed pw is stored in the db with all 32 characters.
    Last edited by DennyRocket; 10-01-2012 at 07:33 AM.
    UDK Helicopter | Physics

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey, thanks for your fast reply. I just found another strange thing in the file DB_DataProvider.uc. At the end of the three methods Insert, Delete and Update you call the method Select(), wich causes problems too. I commented it out and now it works properly again. What is the purope of this line? :P

UPDATE:

The SELECT statement for SQLite doesn't throw an error, but it also just returns 16 chars at max. The hashed pw is stored in the db with all 32 characters.

The Select() is only added to "update" your dataprovider after updating the database.
    And the 16 out of 32 chars sounds like a Unicode/Non-Unicode mismatch. Whats your character set and collation?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi, we tested ucs2_general, utf8_general, and latin 1_swedish(for some weird reason^^) in MySql. None of them work.

It still keeps crashing when we try to SELECT a varchar that is longer than 15 chars.

Inserts via QueryDatabase work properly with MySql, but using the DataProvider with binding does not insert anything(it always tells us that our first column can not be null).

Edit:

Hi again, I just want to ask how the chances are that you can fix this within the next two weeks? Because a working database is really important to us and we maybe have to write our own alternative dllbind, but again, we would really like to use your existing stuff.
    Last edited by DennyRocket; 10-02-2012 at 04:40 AM.
    UDK Helicopter | Physics

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi, we testet ucs2_general, utf8_general, and latin 1_swedish(for some weird reason^^) in MySql. None of them works.

It still keeps crashing when we try to SELECT a varchar that is longer than 15 chars.

Inserts via QueryDatabase work properly with MySql, but using the DataProvider with binding does not insert anything(it always tells us that our first column can not be null).

Edit:

Hi again, I just want to ask how the chances are that you can fix this within the next two weeks? Because a working database is really important to us and we maybe have to write our own alternative dllbind, but again, we would really like to use your existing stuff.
    Don't worry, will deal with it this week

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey man, I just wanted to let you know that we developed our own, small scale, MySQL interface. So there is no need to hurry
    UDK Helicopter | Physics

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have also a crash issue when i do a getStringVal from what i selected from the database ,

my log is recovering the right data but my game is crashing after that , is there a way to debug this ?
    Last edited by danath; 11-03-2012 at 06:57 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey there, i'm developing an MMO and you seem to know alot about the server side of things, i was wondering, in what one of your unreal script classes that came with this:

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...3-1-0-2/page13

Should i query my database? My database is on a web server by the way i made it using php my admin, i know lol... But is that possible? Than once iv'e made my tables in SQL and implemented them and their functions into the unreal script, i can reference the classes in your embedded database in kismet?

Is all of that possible? Also how similar is php to action script, you know i'm just trying to make a simple login system with an email, id, pass, 4 stats & a login menu which shuold be simple enough... Thanks so much man! =)

Or do i have to make the DB with SQLite... =(

Hi guys, I've got problems running last release (version: 3.1.0.2):
    Windows 7 raises an error for missing dll : msvcp100d.dll
    I've tried to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) but it says I've already a never version...

still have problems with x64.

Warning/Error Summary
    ---------------------
    C:\UDK\UDK-2012-10\Development\Src\Database\Classes\DB_DLLAPI.uc(2 64) : Warning, Class Database.DB_DLLAPI can't bind to DLL C:\UDK\UDK-2012-10\Binaries\Win32\UserCode\UDKProjectDLL.DLL
    C:\UDK\UDK-2012-10\Development\Src\Database\Classes\DB_DLLAPI.uc(1 9) : Warning, Class Database.DB_DLLAPI can't bind to DLL C:\UDK\UDK-2012-10\Binaries\Win32\UserCode\UDKProjectDLL.DLL

is there a fix for x64 system??

Is it possible to integrate this or UDK at all with a MSQL Database?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Have problem
    E:\UDK\Development\Src\Database\Classes\DB_DLLAPI. uc(264) : Warning, Class Database.DB_DLLAPI can't bind to DLL E:\UDK\Binaries\Win32\UserCode\UDKProjectDLL.DLL
    E:\UDK\Development\Src\Database\Classes\DB_DLLAPI. uc(19) : Warning, Class Database.DB_DLLAPI can't bind to DLL E:\UDK\Binaries\Win32\UserCode\UDKProjectDLL.DLL
    E:\UDK\Development\Src\UniverseAccountSystem\Class es\DataProvider_Character.uc(46) : Warning, 'I' : local variable used before assigned a value
    E:\UDK\Development\Src\UniverseAccountSystem\Class es\DataProvider_Character.uc(20) : Warning, 'I' : local variable used before assigned a value
    E:\UDK\Development\Src\UniverseAccountSystem\Class es\UniverseAdvancedGameInfo.uc(110) : Warning, 'NewPC' : local variable used before assigned a value
    UDKProjectDLL.DLL in UDK\Binaries\Win32\UserCode\

MSgt. Shooter Person

Does this save system works with x64? Currently I'm using 2.0.1.3. Should I update to the latest version or this one will work if I install 64 bit OS?

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi1989 View Post
    Have problem

UDKProjectDLL.DLL in UDK\Binaries\Win32\UserCode\
    Looks to me like your trying to pass a variable to Unrealscript from your DB via the DLL bind but it is not receiving any data from the dll. This is happening because of error 1 where it states your bind was not successful. So the variable is empty.

Can the people with the Warning, Class Database.DB_DLLAPI can't bind to DLL post the code for their DLL and their unrealscript?

have a problem: 错误 Unknown macro 'DB_InitString'. E:\UDK\UDK12\Development\Src\Database\Classes\DB_D ataProvider.uc 131

H:\UDK\UDK-2013-07\Development\Src\Mouse\Classes\MouseInterfacePla yerController.uc(3) : Error, Unrecognized type 'SQLProject_DLLAPI'
    hi,man. Can you tell me why???I have done very thing the text tell me to.and if my udk is 64bit not 32bit,does this function works ????look forward to your replay...ths...

Skaarj

Hi all! Please tell me how work functions ReleaseDataProvider(DB_DataProvider aDataProvider) and GetDataProvider(string aDataProviderName). I tried everything, but nothing happens.

Mr. BlackHornet thanks, seriously, you're a lifesaver, this is a great work.

MSgt. Shooter Person

where can I find a tutorial to implement it ?

I have read the oldest one, but it's not update for latest realease

Hey guys, hope you don't mine me bumping this back up. Im having trouble actually using the databases in UDK. I have hopefully set everything up correctly, UDK complies fine. I have a server with a table running locally written in SQLite. But at the moment I just want to call functions on the test databases. I tried calling functions in the console in back but nothing happens. I feel like that's wrong though. Any help?

Cheers.

thanks!this is very uesfull!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234