Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 972
  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai

    Default GEARSBOOK.NET: Looking for people to play with? Look here. (OVER 700 members!)

    ALL CREDIT FOR THE GEARSBOOK WEBSITE GOES TO FORUM MEMBER EleoIsDead.

    PLEASE FEEL FREE TO USE THIS THREAD TO TRY AND RECRUIT PLAYERS FOR A FULL PARTY. NOT ONLY WILL IT HELP BUMP THE THREAD, IT ELIMINATES THE NEED FOR YOU TO POST A THREAD TELLING PEOPLE THAT YOU'RE ONLINE AND LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH.

    If you add a Gamertag from this thread send it with the note "Gearsbook friend request" please.

    What is Gearsbook?

    Gearsbook is now a website created by forum member EleoIsDead based on my original idea.
    Why start Gearsbook?

    Because I'm tired of playing Gears of War 2 alone or only with a couple of people, and I know I'm not the only one.

    With Gearsbook you'll be able to find players from your region, see which players have the better connections and would be ideal hosts for your party, and also see who enjoys playing the same game type as you.

    Lastly, if successful, Gearsbook will hopefully eliminate the need for people to post threads telling the forum they need more Gears of War 2 friends, or that they're about to get online and want people to play with.
    What do I do now?

    More simple than ever. Just head over to www.gearsbook.net and add yourself using your e-mail address. After that you can update your profile with:

    Postal code so people can see their distance from you.
    Speedtest/pingtest so you can see who has a connection worthy of hosting a lobby.
    Information about yourself.
    Last edited by AJ Crawford; 12-01-2010 at 08:29 PM.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai
    Last edited by AJ Crawford; 07-21-2010 at 06:21 AM.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai
    Last edited by AJ Crawford; 07-21-2010 at 06:21 AM.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai
    Last edited by AJ Crawford; 07-21-2010 at 06:21 AM.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai
    Last edited by AJ Crawford; 07-21-2010 at 06:21 AM.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai
    Last edited by AJ Crawford; 07-21-2010 at 06:21 AM.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai
    Last edited by AJ Crawford; 07-21-2010 at 06:22 AM.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai
    Last edited by AJ Crawford; 07-21-2010 at 06:22 AM.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    311
    Posts
    8,492

    Default

    Forum Name: Black Winging
    Gamer Tag: Black Winging
    Location: Michigan, Eastern USA.
    Connection;
    local
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

    International

    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

    Preferred Gametypes: Guardian, Warzone, Execution.

    Side Note: Need to know the person at least a little bit, I dislike random FR's.

  10. #10
    Marrow Fiend

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NJ / On them leaderboards!
    Posts
    4,312
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: mugen 828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Winging View Post
    Forum Name: Black Winging
    Gamer Tag: Black Winging
    Location: Michigan, Eastern USA.
    Connection;
    local
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

    International

    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

    Preferred Gametypes: Guardian, Warzone, Execution.

    Side Note: Need to know the person at least a little bit, I dislike random FR's.
    there is no way black's trailer park has a connection like that.

    wait! it must be all those satiellite dishes on his house doin some funky wifi stealin!
    Quote Originally Posted by TRELON View Post
    You're overpowered mugen. EPIC need to nerf you.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,390

    Default

    How about transferring the ones from the other thread to here. Some people will forget to put their name down again.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    311
    Posts
    8,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugen 828 View Post
    there is no way black's trailer park has a connection like that.

    wait! it must be all those satiellite dishes on his house doin some funky wifi stealin!
    Eh, not many people on their internet right now, during peak times it's all cut in half. BUT! I am getting AT&T soon and since it's new out here I will have a pristine connection. Btw you getting on soon? I skipped school today.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,032

    Default

    Forum name: cogtagnoob
    Gamertag: VI TRELON IV
    Location: West Midlands, UK
    Connection speed: Will add this in later.
    Preferred game type: Guardian/Warzone/Wingman

  14. #14
    Marrow Fiend

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NJ / On them leaderboards!
    Posts
    4,312
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: mugen 828

    Default

    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

    this is mine. sick nasty.
    Last edited by mugen 828; 04-22-2010 at 10:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRELON View Post
    You're overpowered mugen. EPIC need to nerf you.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addnan View Post
    How about transferring the ones from the other thread to here. Some people will forget to put their name down again.
    I considered it, but that's a massive amount of work, and a lot of people on there I haven't seen in a while.

    People are quick to notice when they're not on it.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugen 828 View Post
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

    this is mine. sick nasty.
    Nice speeds, but your ping is way too high for a server that is <50miles away.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    311
    Posts
    8,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addnan View Post
    Nice speeds, but your ping is way too high for a server that is <50miles away.
    That's his college's connection lol. Shame on you Mugen for posting such lies!

  18. #18
    Marrow Fiend

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NJ / On them leaderboards!
    Posts
    4,312
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: mugen 828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addnan View Post
    Nice speeds, but your ping is way too high for a server that is <50miles away.
    lol it's my University's speed

    I just wanted to see what people would say.

    When I tested it to Madrid, Spain it was like 6 meg down, 7 Up and a ping of 123 or soemthing. To me thats kind of impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRELON View Post
    You're overpowered mugen. EPIC need to nerf you.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Winging View Post
    That's his college's connection lol. Shame on you Mugen for posting such lies!
    Lol, There was me thinking people have internet like that /fail
    Seems a bit too slow for a college then. In my school we get 150mbs down and 40mbs up.


    I just copied most from the other thread. Changed it a little bit.

    Forum name: Addnan*
    Gamertag: iKINGZ Caveman
    Location: England
    Connection speed: http://www.speedtest.net/result/786183558.png My upload is decent, so is ping.
    Preferred game type: Annex, Submission and Guardian. I'll play anything though
    Are you willing to play other game types: Yes
    Playing style: Have a fun and win!!!!! I'll usually be the cover player though.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addnan View Post
    Lol, There was me thinking people have internet like that /fail
    Seems a bit too slow for a college then. In my school we get 150mbs down and 40mbs up.


    I just copied most from the other thread. Changed it a little bit.

    Forum name: Addnan*
    Gamertag: iKINGZ Caveman
    Location: England
    Connection speed: http://www.speedtest.net/result/786183558.png My upload is decent, so is ping.
    Preferred game type: Annex, Submission and Guardian. I'll play anything though
    Are you willing to play other game types: Yes
    Playing style: Have a fun and win!!!!! I'll usually be the cover player though.
    Thank you.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    311
    Posts
    8,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addnan View Post
    Lol, There was me thinking people have internet like that /fail
    Seems a bit too slow for a college then. In my school we get 150mbs down and 40mbs up.

    People can. There's a ISP in Texas called Road Runner that doesn't put a cap on download speed, so it can get to 90 Megs. It's insane.

  22. #22
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cymru, Caerdydd...
    Posts
    189
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Im Too Smoove

    Default

    Forum Name: -Magic-
    Gamertag: Im Too Smoove
    Location: Cardiff, Wales
    Connection: I know for a fact I'm not a suitable host, LOL.
    Preferred Gametype(s): Guardian, Warzone... but will play anything with a full party...
    "What goes around comes around,
    what goes up must come down,
    you're up now, but you'll get yours some day,
    somehow, in some way, shape or form,
    revenge is coming, there's no way to escape the storm"

  23. #23
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    291
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: KAKARO7 187

    Default

    Forum name: Kidbuu916
    Gamertag: Kidbuu916
    Location*: Sacrameto, CA
    Connection speed**: http://www.speedtest.net/result/790707951.png
    Preferred game type(s): Everything

  24. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kidbuu916 View Post
    Forum name: Kidbuu916
    Gamertag: Kidbuu916
    Location*: Sacrameto, CA
    Connection speed**: http://www.speedtest.net/result/790707951.png
    Preferred game type(s): Everything
    East or west coast?
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Crawford View Post
    East or west coast?
    California is West Coast

  26. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addnan View Post
    California is West Coast
    Thank you. Damn people not following my rules. DAMN THEM TO HELL!
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  27. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai

    Default

    I've added links for a quick search at the top of the first post, so you don't need to scroll for ages to get to the region you're looking for.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  28. #28
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,814
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: oO baldbean Oo

    Default

    OP for the speedtest part there it would be great if we had a set of servers to test too. This will give us a way to measure just how great a connection is. For example, if two players live in the same city, but one tests better to the set of servers, then you truly know who has the better connection. Everyone testing to random servers is a little harder to quantify.

    On another note...

    Forum name: baldbean
    Gamertag: baldbean619
    Location*: San Diego, CA (West Coast, USA)
    Connection speed: at work, no test yet.
    Preferred game type(s): Annex/Guardian/Any
    Last edited by baldbean; 04-22-2010 at 11:00 AM.
    Two piecing is a joke, but being able to melee instantly after you shoot is ridiculous.

  29. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldbean View Post
    OP for the speedtest part there it would be great if we had a set of servers to test too. This will give us a way to measure just how great a connection is. For example, if two players live in the same city, but one tests better to the set of servers, then you truly know who has the better connection. Everyone testing to random servers is a little harder to quantify.

    On another note...
    I don't want to make it too complicated, though. I'm just going with connections that have an upload of 0.70Mb and 30 ping or less at 50 miles.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  30. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai

    Default

    Bump .
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  31. #31
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    644
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cMayhem99

    Default

    Forum name: ProjectMayhem86
    Gamertag: ProjectMayhem86
    Location: Oxford, U.K
    Connection speed: Will update once new internet is installed
    Preferred game type(s): Annex / KotH but will give everything a go

  32. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectMayhem86 View Post
    Forum name: ProjectMayhem86
    Gamertag: ProjectMayhem86
    Location: Oxford, U.K
    Connection speed: Will update once new internet is installed
    Preferred game type(s): Annex / KotH but will give everything a go
    I've added you.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  33. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Posts
    6,901
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: yalnif

    Default

    Forum name: Yalnif
    Gamertag: Yalnif
    Location: Cumbria, England
    Connection speed: N/A
    Preferred game type(s): Anything

  34. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yalnif View Post
    Forum name: Yalnif
    Gamertag: Yalnif
    Location: Cumbria, England
    Connection speed: N/A
    Preferred game type(s): Anything
    Added. I could use the bumping dedication you employed during the first run of Gearsbook when you have the time and I'm not around. Try to keep it fresh in peoples minds.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  35. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Posts
    6,901
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: yalnif

    Default

    I shall do my part AJ

  36. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yalnif View Post
    I shall do my part AJ
    Sweet. Appreciated.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai

  37. #37
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    441
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: o NickChim o

    Default

    Forum name: IxNiicKOnE
    Gamertag: IxNiicKOnE
    Location: London, England
    Preferred game type(s): Guardian & Execution
    Twitter: NickChim94
    Gamertag: o NickChim o
    Minh Young Kim | Cyclops | Veteran Gear
    ~~To Live Is To Die~~

  38. #38
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,472
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: MEXICAN HOS7

    Default

    Forum name: DIS7URBED
    Gamertag: x DIS7URBED
    Location: UK
    Connection speed: (will add later)
    Preferred game type(s): Anything

  39. #39
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oh MERCY me, God bless catastrophe
    Posts
    516
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: BarryzLunchBox

    Default

    Forum name: BarrysLunchBox
    Gamertag: BarrysLunchBox
    Location: Oxford, UK
    Connection speed: Decent UK Host, (I'll add details later)
    Preferred game type(s): Guardian/Annex bit of Submission, i'll play anything really
    Mr.Chainsaw came and took my legs a long long time ago.

    Is it true that there is a place in a man's head that if you shoot it, it will blow up?

    Don't be scrrrd. It's only Barry. - GT: BarryzLunchBox

  40. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,267
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RoboTai

    Default

    Everyone from Barry up has been added.
    UK Gears feel free to add me. GT: RoboTai


 
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •