Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Scotland, Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,734
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: XenoXniper

    Default Guys Gears of War 3 will be the best yet. Fact.

    EDIT: People are not reading this because I claim it's fact, sorry i know its opinion. I just want y'all to read it :P This is ALL IN MY OPINION, i hope its fact though. Thanks.


    Gears 1 came out and it was perfect, by some people, elements in gears 1 are outstanding, and alot of folks loved what was in the first game, campaign wise and how multiplayer played out. People loved the dark and the grit of the whole game.

    To some people gears 1 is their one and only game and won't pass it up. Before it came out people had another game, when gears 1 came out it instantly became number one to them.

    Gears 2 on the other hand, was Epic's big "this game is not a shotgun rolling, gibbing frantic game". Epic wanted a tactical shooter from part 1, they wanted to embrace cover and the whole fact of you will die if you just run out.

    Which they did achieve by "plaguing" or "fixing", to some people the multiplayer. With things such as tagging grenades onto walls, certain delays and slower RoF and CMS.

    Alot of people didn't welcome the changes, I for one, did, on a certain level. But i also missed somethings about gears one, which was the dark and gritty movement speed, and thing such as basic player matches to play with friends, have a laugh, mix the maps up and change weapon swaps around. There will always be enough players for Ranked and Player matches at the same time.

    Now gears 3, well I can see it coming, from the latest videos and news according to CliffyB, he KNEW gears 2 was clunky and seldom done out of the box, he promised an apparently "crisp online experience out the box".

    This certainly wasn't the case, gears 2 is still gimped by some minor glitches, and lagging at time today.

    Cliffy said that he and Epic games were very dissapointed at gears 2's launch and its something "we take very seriously here".

    When gears 3 comes out, its going to include major plus's from gears 1 and major plus's in gears 2 to become the best gears yet. Epic games are fully aware of whats happening and whats loved by the majority of fans, on the forums. Even everywhere around the net, you think Epic only read the forums to see what gamers want/like? No! not at all!

    They will know exactly what the majority would like with good word of mouth too, they will take this in, and try to please the casual and the hardcore succesfully.

    As Epic games already know is from gears 1 a lot of people like the whole shotgun rushing element in gears. They wanted to embrace cover fire over any sort of rushing whatsoever, but as Cliffy said, "the more we push tactical, the more the players push back with the shotgunning, to give that arcadey feel".

    At this point Epic can't and won't fully achieve their original gears idea of tactical cover shooter, it would hurt the fan base far too much now. They are even "embracing" the shotgun in gears 2, which means they are listening, they are embracing the last thing they wanted to embrace.

    Also with female gears, something gears 1 or 2 ever had, but with all the feedback about female gears they are coming!

    Epic are trying so very hard with gears 3, i know they are, trying within reason to get major game play wants into the 3rd and final game to conclude the series.

    Gears of War 3 is going to have all the amazing elements of gears 1 + 2 in it combined, and for multiplayer, they will bring new and some very old maps back. It's going to hopefully darker and grittier but managing to keep the day scenes bright to an extent, but still have that vague hopeless look, while darkness being rich dark, with feeling of fears and evil and brutality.

    In the gears 2 "The Last Day" trailer even then we see its nice and bright and hopeful because its a different time of year and gears 2 was different than gears 2 they tried to make it brighter, it had immensely less gritty than gears 1.

    The grittiness is returning to gears 3, Epic achieved this perfectly in their new trailer "Ashes to Ashes" it was so hopeless, sad and gritty full of feeling, and if you think about it exactly the same feelings expressed in the first Gears trailer, with the corpser.

    They have and always will be listening to this community, keep posting great ideas, like i already see! They cant finish gears 3 without our help.

    Let's make this the best gears, and game ever to be released on xbox, that will be talked and loved by all for years to come.
    Last edited by XenoXniper; 04-18-2010 at 10:16 PM.
    Winners never quit. Quitters never win.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

  2. #2
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Scotland, Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,734
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: XenoXniper

    Default

    bump (10 bumps)
    Winners never quit. Quitters never win.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

  3. #3
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    492
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Bellbourg

    Default

    Stay Positive!

  4. #4
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    491
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: vVv Dr Mike

    Default

    It will not be great competitively =\
    vVv Gaming

    Vision Valor Victory

  5. #5
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,265
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Jereemyy

    Default

    I believe epic will make gears 3 amazing.

  6. #6
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Scotland, Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,734
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: XenoXniper

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jer Bear View Post
    I believe epic will make gears 3 amazing.
    Without a doubt man, Epic won't let us down. They are really listening to the community.
    Winners never quit. Quitters never win.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,235
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Wolf Haley

    Default

    No gameplay footage has been shown. Your argument is invalid.
    Seriously though, I'll wait until I see gameplay to judge this game.

  8. #8
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Scotland, Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,734
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: XenoXniper

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPhenom View Post
    No gameplay footage has been shown. Your argument is invalid.
    Seriously though, I'll wait until I see gameplay to judge this game.
    Listen there is no argument here, i'm stating what i think will happen, so take your f*cking negativity out of here and post elsewhere. Don't need your useless un-needed point here.
    Winners never quit. Quitters never win.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

  9. #9
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Who wants to know?
    Posts
    128
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: F Y F The Kid

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XenoXniper View Post
    Listen there is no argument here, i'm stating what i think will happen, so take your f*cking negativity out of here and post elsewhere. Don't need your useless un-needed point here.
    He clearly didn't read the post

    But man one year of polishing this game gets me excited
    --
    If con is the opposite of pro, then is congress the opposite of progress? or did I just blow your ****ing mind?

  10. #10
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Scotland, Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,734
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: XenoXniper

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FYFTheKid View Post
    He clearly didn't read the post

    But man one year of polishing this game gets me excited
    I know me too! Can't wait to see whats in the game!
    Winners never quit. Quitters never win.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

  11. #11
    Seriously...

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Superior, WI
    Posts
    14,949
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPhenom View Post
    No gameplay footage has been shown. Your argument is invalid.
    Seriously though, I'll wait until I see gameplay to judge this game.
    Personally, I would rather wait until I can play it to pass any sort of judgement. To each his own though.

    I believe that Gears 3 will be the best in the series. It has the potential to be the greatest game ever made. Gears 2 also had that potential, but it was never realized. Let's hope Gears 3 can realize that potential and blow us all away.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

  12. #12
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,561
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Quiet ZED 446

    Default

    I Totally agree. You know a game is going to work and be fun when the designers talk about the problems of the last game rather than just hyping it up.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind an old vehicle layin down Lancer fire despite the Horde's continuing advance. -Reno, NV
    Posts
    6,972
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: The 0ld Raven

    Default

    Uhh no sh!t Captain Obvious...


    I kid, I kid, of course itll be the best yet. Its the friggin finale!
    Warzoner #59 AKA The HammerBeast | 5 like a fist and 9 like a cat has lives
    Preferred Gears Setup: Locust Era Lancer assault rifle (left), Hammerburst Mk II assault rifle (right), Firebombs, and Gorgon SMG
    Goodbye Warzone and Ranked gametypes, you will both be missed

  14. #14
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Scotland, Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,734
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: XenoXniper

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DenyThisFlesh View Post
    Personally, I would rather wait until I can play it to pass any sort of judgement. To each his own though.

    I believe that Gears 3 will be the best in the series. It has the potential to be the greatest game ever made. Gears 2 also had that potential, but it was never realized. Let's hope Gears 3 can realize that potential and blow us all away.
    Amen, the thought behind my OP.
    Winners never quit. Quitters never win.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,235
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Wolf Haley

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XenoXniper View Post
    Listen there is no argument here, i'm stating what i think will happen, so take your f*cking negativity out of here and post elsewhere. Don't need your useless un-needed point here.
    I'm just stating my opinion. First sentence was a joke. Bye.

    Edit:
    @DenyThisFlesh: Like you said everybody's different.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XenoXniper View Post
    Without a doubt man, Epic won't let us down.
    Haha. Oh, you were serious? EPIC has already let us down. Gears of War 3 is the attempt to correct past wrongs.

    All GoW 3 has to do to be the best gears yet is to be slightly better than Gears of War 1.

  17. #17

  18. #18
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    383
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ii MoNsTeR z

    Default

    How GoW3 can be improved on both sides:

    Speed the game back up to GoW1 speed, it'll make a lot of fans happy.

    And if Epic wants a "tactical" play, they really shouldn't have put such a high HP level on the characters.
    Sometimes, death is all you can see.
    It's all around you, it consumes you.
    So sometimes, you have to look it in the eye.
    And Bare Your Teeth.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ii MoNsTeR z View Post


    And if Epic wants a "tactical" play, they really shouldn't have put such a high HP level on the characters.
    This.
    (10 char)


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •