Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Gears of War NECA list of all figures

Hi fellow friends, I am new here and am just starting to collect NECA's Gears of War figures and purchased Grenadier Elite last night. Could you please provide a full list of all the figures that have been released by NECA so I can make a checklist and try to complete my collection. Thank you!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: shaydapaul

Quote Originally Posted by vkl203 View Post
    Hi fellow friends, I am new here and am just starting to collect NECA's Gears of War figures and purchased Grenadier Elite last night. Could you please provide a full list of all the figures that have been released by NECA so I can make a checklist and try to complete my collection. Thank you!
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

MSgt. Shooter Person

awesome, many thanks shaydapaul!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain Rex C67

Good luck trying to get some of them. The earlier waves are hard to come by now, and can be expensive. Anthony Carmine and the Boomer are nowadays fairly overpriced.
    Gears of War Judgment: 1500/1500 Gamerscore
    Gears of War : 1250/1250 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 2: 1750/1750 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 3: 2000/2000 Gamerscore
    Custom Lancer Replica: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...t28061540Gears

MSgt. Shooter Person

thanks everyone, also is it better to keep the figures in the packaging for collector's purposes or to open them?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: COG GEAR 83

well at 1st i opened them but now i keep em boxed! i think its just upta u really!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

only keep the main exclusives boxed ones that are normally limited runs i the ones like i buy two at once i have the boxed ones in a huge box in the roof

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RacuRock

thanks everyone, also is it better to keep the figures in the packaging for collector's purposes or to open them?
    me i have duplicate for all the figures... well.. the most of them.. its nice to keep them in box for collectors purposes... but it feels great when i open them... thats why i have 2 of each.. even anthony carmine

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxComaXxWhiteXx PSN ID: eyehate666

Ive gotten the entire lineup basically from Amazon. I got extremely lucky and found all of Series 1 minus the Sniper at a local comic shop, and Series 4 and 5 and the TRU Exclusives all at Toys R Us. Amazon prices fluctuate drastically, and eBay's Buy It Now option is reasonable.

Like OP said, buy 2 if you can, cause itll kill your soul to not be able to pose it and actually check it out.
    MEMBER OF THE OLD GUARD
    STILL a Boltok neurologist...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Perceptions l

I have 95% of the figures and I open almost all of them...the ones I have have sealed are:

Anthony Carmine SDCC 2008
    Sniper Drone Series 1
    Raam vs Kim Set Original
    Lambent Grenadier SDCC 2009

MSgt. Shooter Person

thanks everyone that sounds like a good suggestion, though for the sealed figures are you particular about the packaging condition like if the corners are bent or dinged in? I'd like to also get the Carmine now seeing the discussions here that it is rare, is the Marcus gold lancer also an SDCC Exclusive?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxComaXxWhiteXx PSN ID: eyehate666

The Marcus with Gold Lancer is just a CHASE variant, the single pack one. Marcus and Dom TRU 2-pack also has a gold Lancer, but its just a TRU exclusive.

For me, I have to have them as close to mint as possible. I needed a Grappler to complete S3 back in November, and I sent 4 back to Amazon dealers before I got one that hadnt been curb stomped into a box to ship it. It just depends on you, I like mine case fresh.

Something else... If you do end up buying some from Amazon, DO NOT buy ones that say fulfillment by Amazon. I guarantee they will come smashed all to hell. Its worth a few extra dollars to buy from a private seller and have it arrive with a mint package in my opinion.
    MEMBER OF THE OLD GUARD
    STILL a Boltok neurologist...

MSgt. Shooter Person

thanks eyeH8, say do you know if they sell soft protective cases for Gears figures, I know they sell them for like Star Wars figures and I think they are made by some company called ProTech. it would be a great way to protect the packaging especially to keep it minty fresh and acid free. thanks!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

yeah the carmine figure is pretty rare if you can get it at a reasonable price jump on it...my advice to you is to get the characters you really like and open them I have them displayed along with some of my other figures..

MSgt. Shooter Person

great, if I can get the Carmine I'll definitely open that figure up.

also, those who have the boxed sets do they come with any additional accessories/items that cannot be found in the single packs? I don't know whether it's better to buy each figure separately or as a boxed set, since they're the same. thanks.
    thanks for all the help with Achievements fellow community members!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

the hive box set comes with some weapons that singles dont have and for some reason ive never seen a sniper rifle with any singles other than the sniper locust.

the hammer of dawn i think comes in the the gears of war 1 pack also the hive set ive not got any box sets myself as i had all the singles first just get as much as u can i kinda doubt anyone here "plays" with these figures there all for just collection mine are all set up around my PC

MSgt. Shooter Person

thanks shaydapaul, I think I might get the boxed sets then. so just to clarify they are exactly the same figures as in the single sets, just with added accesories like sniper rifle and hammer of dawn?

also how is the articulation of the figures, do the weapons fit snuggly in the hands and do they stand well on their own feets? thanks.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain Rex C67

Quote Originally Posted by shaydapaul View Post
    the hive box set comes with some weapons that singles dont have and for some reason ive never seen a sniper rifle with any singles other than the sniper locust.

the hammer of dawn i think comes in the the gears of war 1 pack also the hive set ive not got any box sets myself as i had all the singles first just get as much as u can i kinda doubt anyone here "plays" with these figures there all for just collection mine are all set up around my PC
    Benjamin Carmine aka Cog Soldier (Series 3) comes with a Longshot Sniper Rifle along with a Lancer V2.
    Gears of War Judgment: 1500/1500 Gamerscore
    Gears of War : 1250/1250 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 2: 1750/1750 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 3: 2000/2000 Gamerscore
    Custom Lancer Replica: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...t28061540Gears

MSgt. Shooter Person

so the COG soldier series 3 is the same as Carmine SDCC, why would I get the exclusive then?

MSgt. Shooter Person

does anyone know if NECA plans on releasing a Benjamin Carmine figure? thanks.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi! Vkl203, the COG soldier in series 3 is not the same as Anthony Carmine. The differences are :completely new helmet sculpt (different from Carmine's), improved elbow articulation and Sniper rifle insted of Gnasher (both include Lancers, but the COG is version 2 and Carmine is version 1).
    This figure is called "Ben Carmine" by many fans,altough in the package you can read "COG soldier",because it's the helmet and outfit he wears in the game. Making an official Ben Carmine figure would be a waste of time, since it would be exactly this figure.

I hope i haven't made any mistakes and this helps you!

MSgt. Shooter Person

thank you ludwing and welcome, that was very helpful! so if the Series 3 COG is unofficially Benjamin Carmine, who does the Series 5 with more articulation represent is it just a standard COG solider? thank you!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks! yeah,i suppose it's just a figure NECA did to cover all possible COG's helmets, and it features even better articulation in the legs. I think it's a great improve over the previous COG,and i prefer this helmet design rather than Ben's.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: V 1 P ER X29

Quote Originally Posted by c SPARTAN117 c View Post
    Good luck trying to get some of them. The earlier waves are hard to come by now, and can be expensive. Anthony Carmine and the Boomer are nowadays fairly overpriced.
    i had anthony carmine way back in 2008 with the SDCC 08 sticker.. and i opened it..

thinking it wouldnt be worth anything too heavy..
    and now it goes for over 200

but yeah. i just bought The Lambent locust SDCC 09 & Damon Baird.
    Girls Dont Play With Dolls

MSgt. Shooter Person

I just picked up a Boomer for 30$, is that a decent price? how much do they usually sell for now?

MSgt. Shooter Person

i don't know exactly,but they are pretty rare right now..in fact (here where i live) it's getting reallys difficult to get Hoffman and COG too

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

the series 5 cog soldier is techically clay carmine hence a different helmet than anthony and ben...it also has added articulation especially in the lower body so yeah pick them all up as I did...I got the boomer for 13.99 at toys r us when the where released, but thats a decent price good find...

MSgt. Shooter Person

thanks again everyone, my Boomer arrived in the mail yesterday and the bottom part of the package was all crushed, so I will have to open it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by SickMiasma View Post
    the series 5 cog soldier is techically clay carmine hence a different helmet than anthony and ben...it also has added articulation especially in the lower body so yeah pick them all up as I did...I got the boomer for 13.99 at toys r us when the where released, but thats a decent price good find...
    thanks SickMiasma do you know why they don't call the figures Benjamin and Clay but just COG soldier?

MSgt. Shooter Person

COG version 3 is not Clay Carmine, since we haven't seen Clay model for the third game..maybe EPIC decides to give him a completely new look so we can see his face for the first time..who knows?. The official figures are just COG soldiers (version 2 and 3), not Carmine's brothers. In fact,in the package, photos and biography are NOT from Ben or Clay, but generic coalition soldiers. The only figure which is an actual Carmine is the exclusive "Anthony Carmine" made for the SDCC.Hope this helps

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ludwing View Post
    COG version 3 is not Clay Carmine, since we haven't seen Clay model for the third game..maybe EPIC decides to give him a completely new look so we can see his face for the first time..who knows?. The official figures are just COG soldiers (version 2 and 3), not Carmine's brothers. In fact,in the package, photos and biography are NOT from Ben or Clay, but generic coalition soldiers. The only figure which is an actual Carmine is the exclusive "Anthony Carmine" made for the SDCC.Hope this helps

very much so, thanks ludwing. I wonder why NECA decided to make a standard COG soldier instead of Ben and Clay, seeing how popular Anthony was with the excluisve. too bad there isn't a fourth member to make a boxed set of Carmines, that would be a great sell.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

yeah technically they are "cog" soldiers as it says it on the box , but come on ludwing series 3 cog soldier helmet looks exactly like ben carmine, comes with a sniper just like ben used in the campaign and with carmine being popular they released them as so for collectors to mass collect ala being an army of soldiers, and series 5 will be clay imo until they release a figure that says his actual name...trust me I've been collecting these figures since they released the orignial Anthony Carmine...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah, the fact that COG series 2 comes with the sniper insted of the Gnasher makes him more "Ben", but i think NECA did it that way because it gives more feel of Army Builder, as you say. Regarding Clay,i don't know, it would be very logical if Epic uses the third COG model for him in the last game, but considering there is not more coalition (as i read somewhere) and basically everybody is a Stranded, the third brother's armour and general look may change a lot (look at Delta squad in Ashes to Ashes trailer) so i don't know. The fact is that NECA covers all possible helmet models seen in the games with COG version 3

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, the fact that COG series 2 comes with the sniper insted of the Gnasher makes him more "Ben", but i think NECA did it that way because it gives more feel of Army Builder, as you say. Regarding Clay,i don't know, it would be very logical if Epic uses the third COG model for him in the last game, but considering there is not more coalition (as i read somewhere) and basically everybody is a Stranded, the third brother's armour and general look may change a lot (look at Delta squad in Ashes to Ashes trailer) so i don't know. The fact is that NECA covers all possible helmet models seen in the games with COG version 3
    I agree with you about the army builder point...on the other hand nothing is final when it comes to the cog being disbanded its just speculation until its official confirmed...

MSgt. Shooter Person

sorry for all these questions, but for the boxed sets, how many were released and which figures were in each? thanks!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Whiskeys Demon

series 1 box set, series 2 box set, locust hive box set, delta squad box set.

MSgt. Shooter Person

not going to start a new thread asking this, but how come the weapons on the figures I have don't seem to fit snuggly in the hands? does anyone have this problem, or are mine defective?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

not going to start a new thread asking this, but how come the weapons on the figures I have don't seem to fit snuggly in the hands? does anyone have this problem, or are mine defective?
    I wondered the same thing back in the day, but you have to work with them for expample my beast rider can only hold his hammy in one hand while his left is free....

MSgt. Shooter Person

thanks SickMiasma, I was thinking of super glueing the weapons to the hands but I'm worried it won't have a natural look to it.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

thanks SickMiasma, I was thinking of super glueing the weapons to the hands but I'm worried it won't have a natural look to it.
    yeah I discussed this last nigth with adam fenix, but I can't do it for some reason what figure are you having trouble with maybe I can help...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast