Default Unreal editor stopped working "UT3.exe has encountered a problem..."

So, I have been using the Unreal editor through steam now for about a week. All of a sudden, I try to open it today and it waits 1 sec and then brings up two popup error messages. It refuses to open the editor. I haven't changed anything since last time I used it. The error message I get (2x) is:

"UT3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

When I look at more information, the offset #'s from the two errors are:
    Offset: 0001b659
    Offset: 00f119d7

I tried restarting my computer, restarting Steam, re-making the UT editor shortcut (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" editor) but I really do not know what is causing this as I have not changed anything since I last used this.

Stats for my comp:

- Windows XP service pack 3
    - Nvidia 8800 GT
    - Intel Core 2 6600
    - 3.5 GB ram

Anyone know what the heck is going on and why all of a sudden I can't open the editor?

Update:

Under advice from this forum thread: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...8#post26540098 I backed up my UT maps and then in the my documents > my games > the UT folder and that seemed to have worked!