Banned

Default Emergence Horde : Might release BETA Within a week | Raven down the testing map

Hey guys

I am now working on a new project called "Emergence Horde". This will be a horde gametype for singleplayer and co-op(hopefully).

As you all know I am taking a short break from work on TDM mod and Im working on this.

There will be waves and a "Well done" screen will appear at the end of each wave.

I will post a video of a sample reel of the character selection screen later.

Make suggestions if you please

-----------------------------------------
    Reel 1:
    Testing UI and wave functionality
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS216...&feature=email
    Last edited by shooter19; 04-11-2010 at 12:25 PM.

Boomshot

So you stop that DTM project for a while? that's ok. About Horde maps my suggestion is always:

1.original official bot AI action.
    2.long or unlimited waves of battle, gears2 is 50.
    3.more kinds of enemies, not just always drone, theron, boomer.
    4.player model choose and teamemates choose/number UI.
    5. If convert official maps then hope those not botted maps first, like courtyard, u c too many gridlock, depot already.

Good luck, though i haven't tried TDM much, but after sp part is added in in future, i 'll play. And i'm always a Horde maps fan, that's the reason i register in this forum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by darksin View Post
    So you stop that DTM project for a while? that's ok. About Horde maps my suggestion is always:

1.original official bot AI action.
    2.long or unlimited waves of battle, gears2 is 50.
    3.more kinds of enemies, not just always drone, theron, boomer.
    4.player model choose and teamemates choose/number UI.
    5. If convert official maps then hope those not botted maps first, like courtyard, u c too many gridlock, depot already.

Good luck, though i haven't tried TDM much, but after sp part is added in in future, i 'll play. And i'm always a Horde maps fan, that's the reason i register in this forum.
    Yeah Im planning to make it like Gears 2 system, with the waves, The alpha map will probably be Raven Down or Sanctuary, Not a fan of courtyard but I will probably port it on final release

Watch this link for a video of UI and wave tests:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS216...&feature=email

Boomshot

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by shooter19 View Post
    Yeah Im planning to make it like Gears 2 system, with the waves, The alpha map will probably be Raven Down or Sanctuary, Not a fan of courtyard but I will probably port it on final release
    [/URL]
    Great thx, all the maps you planned are never done before for a good Horde, still more mp but we'll wait your first one, Gears 2 Horde system is nice, now the chance for us pc gamers to play it is on your hands.
    Last edited by darksin; 04-08-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Banned

Great thx, all the maps you planned are never done before for a good Horde, still more mp but we'll wait your first one, Gears 2 Horde system is nice, now the chance for us pc gamers to play it is on your hands.
    Working on raven down right now Its like a gears 2 system There is a 8 second break between each wave

Will make a Reel 2 later

Boomshot

Lightbulb

8 seconds break, nice, no break is also ok,lol, how many enemy each wave?

Almost forget, another little wish if you don't mind, hope can add some background music, makes the battle feels more good, just normal skirmish battle music is good enough, but not those boss music, since they are too high and loud and bigger than gunfire sound, somewhat noisy, thx buddy, love your work!!
    Last edited by darksin; 04-08-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Banned

8 seconds break, nice, no break is also ok,lol, how many enemy each wave?

Almost forget, another little wish if you don't mind, hope can add some background music, makes the battle feels more good, just normal skirmish battle music is good enough, but not those boss music, since they are too high and loud and bigger than gunfire sound, somewhat noisy, thx buddy, love your work!!
    Ive got a music loop playing in the background, its a quiet horror type loop stinger

Banned

Sorry about the lack of update on this

Work is getting along fine and Im using Raven Down for testing and it will be the ALPHA map. Wave system works fine and I have a system on the WaveComplete UI screen where the tip it shows is different each time, Ive manage to make a random tip system

I will post a link to gameplay later!!!

Boomshot

Thumbs up

I hope this tip system is an optional choice, maybe you can make a UI to turn it off? since we'll play this map for a long time, no need tip any more in future, so we can focus on battle, just a clean game screen, i think everyone knows these tip already, since Horde is not new, lol...

Thx, nobody did Ravendown Horde before, and these are people never touched, no bot version at all mp: rooftop, tyro station, Old Bones, Garden, Bullet Marsh, courtyard,swamp, if you are interested and will do. As more people is doing for Horde, hope the rest mp can be finished, that's always fantastic dream.
    Last edited by darksin; 04-12-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Banned

I hope this tip system is an optional choice, maybe you can make a UI to turn it off? since we'll play this map for a long time, no need tip any more in future, so we can focus on battle, just a clean game screen, i think everyone knows these tip already, since Horde is not new, lol...

Thx, nobody did Ravendown Horde before, and these are people never touched, no bot version at all mp: rooftop, tyro station, Old Bones, Garden, Bullet Marsh, courtyard,swamp, if you are interested and will do. As more people is doing for Horde, hope the rest mp can be finished, that's always fantastic dream.
    The tips just appear on the wave complete scene, and the text is different each time only for 5 seconds then it closes

Boomshot

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by shooter19 View Post
    The tips just appear on the wave complete scene, and the text is different each time only for 5 seconds then it closes
    Is the tip appear after each wave or only appear after the whole Horde waves endings? also where does it appear, bottom or up left?...if it's a 50 waves Horde, then i think 10 wave a tip is better than each wave, also we don't know how long is each wave.
    Last edited by darksin; 04-12-2010 at 06:54 PM.