Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kantham

I only masked the parts, it's a tricky trick in this case here, as Dom does have extra part all over his armor that can be masked using a different material method. For instance, if I'd want to remove his arm armor it wouldn't work, there's no polygon underneath that surface. It did work with the shoulders and some other parts though.

I used Photoshop to create the alpha mask and re-work the diffuse/emissive skin.
    Last edited by Kantham; 04-15-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

I did those changes because I felt like the characters were getting bland. With Carmine, Baird and Kim sharing the same armor I figured I'd give it a twist.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Versel

wow can't wait for next beta but don't rush it lol

MSgt. Shooter Person

dropped by to say the word i use the most here hehe, thanks the ui are more smooth now, and the new respawn is really nice to! no more spawnkilling hehe, revival works perfect now to, and the ai seem really sharper to, its full of new candy for us, the powerups are ofcs really cool to! as i said THANKS you guys keep on making us happy and satisfied!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Alright, I'll be uploading Pre-Final tonight. Just make sure this version is very close to Final, I just want to make sure everything is working fine.

There will be 3 maps in the FINAL pack plus the other older maps in another.

-Construct (NEW)
    -Redalert
    -Ravendar

There are new options in the custom game:

-Powerups now pickups items
    -No HUD (Hardcore)
    -No Weap (Like Supreme)

Each challenge now has "Hardcore" as an option. Makes perfect for practicing reload timing. Here's the new main screen with the logo I just finished.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

First mod logo ever.

is there still custom mode?

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Yes. I took that screen cap from Photoshop, hence why you don't see the "customize" button bottom-right.

Here's the new Ability screen.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yalnif

love the look on Baird BTW, i've recently been browsing these forums over the past week because i'm currently working on a project, just getting it down on paper, but going to create a good MP map in my spare time, all the work you've done i've been very impressed with.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Thanks everyone.
    Pre-Final is now ready and available for download. For the changelist, please refer to the first post.

Download Lance Elite Pre-Final - Filefront

What I'm looking for: Bugs! If you see them, post them!

I have no promises for what follows, but I'm currently working on a way to introduce a map selection platform, which will give players the ability to load maps from one map interface. All the players would need to do is overwrite the file when new maps are added (And I really insist on overwriting!!) and load that map everytime they want to comit map change.
    Last edited by Kantham; 04-26-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

As I've mentioned yesterday, I was working on a possible main menu. It's still really WIP but I got the basic ideas up, as well as the main frame.

If you're wondering why the lighting is so good, it's because that it is dynamic. So anyone with that functionality disabled will only see the background fog and fire.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheronDevil

Wow! Your main menu looks great. At first I thought that you imported some new meshes from other games, but now I see these are gears meshes... Nice composition.

btw... needs more anti-aliasing

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Thanks. The main menu is indeed part of the game right now, right now I'm tweaking a few things and the mod should be set.

ALSO: Loading screens people. No more "It looks like nothing is happening" screens.

Here's how the main menu's like now:

My WIP shots are right from the editor, so that is why there isn't any AA. With the tiled shot command, it's another story though.
    Last edited by Kantham; 05-04-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Thanks to everyone who helped the mod with feedback and suggestions, I've uploaded final to Moddb. Everything should be up in the next 4-5 hours or so.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheronDevil

Good news because I almost finished my new map. Just a preview screen... I can't wait to play your lovely mod on my map

Banned

Hey theron your map is looking nice man

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pandut

Hey Katham, I finally got my hands of GoW for the PC. And first thing I did was download Lance. I have followed installation instructions word to word, however when i type in 'open lance' into the console, the game crashes and I get an unknown error.

Palace Guard

You have the latest patch right?

Your computers clock is set at the right time, right?

You're sure you've downloaded them to the correct area and unzipped those files and placed any of those files to the right place, right?

Those are the three things that get most people, hope it works out for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pandut

Oh, I forgot to get the latest patch. But unfortunately when I installed the latest patch, I got the dreaded startup.exe error...

''To start Gears of war, please double-click startup.exe''

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pandut View Post
    Oh, I forgot to get the latest patch. But unfortunately when I installed the latest patch, I got the dreaded startup.exe error...

''To start Gears of war, please double-click startup.exe''
    You ARE going on startup.exe right? Wargame-G4WLive.exe wont work you need to go on startup.exe, make sure your disc is in the drive

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CLEANCUTMAFIA

I played all the old versions but my graphics card blew, Been to busy to sort it out but now its almost winter i will be downloadging this and all the other things ive missed,

The old lance was great so with all these extras and updates i just cant wait to play it.

Appriciate the work again man and ill be back soon to try it.

Thanks
    GOW1, GOW2, ANNEX AND HORDE VETERAN\\HEADSHOT// - THANKS TO LOOK_MA_NO_HEAD FOR THE SGE SKIN <<< CLICK THE LINK AND EDUCATE YOURSELF, EMERGENCE DAY IS COMING...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12