Iron Guard

Exclamation CTF-Maelstrom (UT99) Remake

Just a quick post let you all know there is some discussion and pics re:CTF-Maelstrom in this thread http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...5&postcount=34 Plz forward to that thread.

• Name: CTF-Maesltrom
    • Version: 1.0
    • Compatibility: UT3 latest patch
    • Description: Small - Medium size, 4-10 players recommended, symmetric bases, subterranean natural 'cave' setting, UT99 (fan favorite ) competitive map
    • Comments: Does anyone remember this map from UT99?
    • Screenshot: Again located here
    • Credits: Epic for the technology, 1x for the work
    • Download: N/A

The final of this map will likely be released in days. (a thorough 'in house' lan multi-player beta test has been instigated & executed)

I hope nobody minds me making this mostly 'heads-up' thread (i don't want to keep posting screenshots all over, or retype redundant info) I just wanted to give the regulars of the Beta section the opportunity to be aware of this work & its progression, also i know in the past i've spent so much time in the full releases section (and sometimes the beta section) that i've missed other cool stuff when i didn't know to look for it.

Boomshot

i have seen some screen shot and i was like WOOOOOW
    good work at bring this map back
    UT3DOM 5.0 IS OUT http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/news.php
    PATCH 2.0 [/url] malcolm is back in ut3
    RANKIN is BACK in ut3
    AT LAST UT3 PS3 NOW HAVE COSTUM SOUND SWEET
    ps3 players all go too this site http://www.iamgaming.com/
    its the best ps3 comunaty for ut3 at ps3

MSgt. Shooter Person

Superb work! I see someone came in here and voted 1 star as fast as they could, Lame. Just the kind of support our community mappers need.... NOT

I see this happen on numerous maps, someone is going around abusing anonymous voting. It is pretty apparent to when there is a vote but no comments. Bad Karma

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Madcatz75

I have high standards when it comes to remakes and this one is superb

Boomshot

its a good thing we still have mappers for ut3 and bring back some classic maps like this 1
    UT3DOM 5.0 IS OUT http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/news.php
    PATCH 2.0 [/url] malcolm is back in ut3
    RANKIN is BACK in ut3
    AT LAST UT3 PS3 NOW HAVE COSTUM SOUND SWEET
    ps3 players all go too this site http://www.iamgaming.com/
    its the best ps3 comunaty for ut3 at ps3

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by coolcat22 View Post
    i have seen some screen shot and i was like WOOOOOW
    good work at bring this map back
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
    Superb work! I see someone came in here and voted 1 star as fast as they could, Lame. Just the kind of support our community mappers need.... NOT

I see this happen on numerous maps, someone is going around abusing anonymous voting. It is pretty apparent to when there is a vote but no comments. Bad Karma
    I notice some very nice work with 1 star sometimes .. Almost as soon as it's posted and very few replies ...... sometimes no replies.

I don't really mind someone might have been disappointed there is no D/L yet (there will be soon) - If i don't like someones work i'll usually just stay away from it, it is kind of sad when someone goes out of their way to bomb someones nice work like that. As you say - its their karma, not ours.

Quote Originally Posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
    I have high standards when it comes to remakes and this one is superb
    Appreciate that friend! - For you to make such a compliment i must be doing something right.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Looking forward to giving this a whirl

MSgt. Shooter Person

About the >one star<-problem I found this:
    Quote Originally Posted by M^vL View Post
    I actually think the one star thing might be a glitch. I created a thread once that had one star right after I created it. A couple months back it seemed like a bunch of new posts that occurred on the same day had one star.
    My stuff isn't actually uploaded....

MSgt. Shooter Person

@ H00815XX
    I know up until recently the rating system has been broken for sometime. Which is what M^vL is probably talking about. The only reason I even brought this up is because I think that people should show appreciation to our mappers not go in a vote low stars for whatever reason. I think if someone wants to point out something wrong with the map or ways to improve the map and say I gave you so many stars for this reason that is good. But to just give low stars (without feedback) because maybe some ppl remember some feedback that they didn't like or just to be nasty is downright wrong. I think if ppl are going to use the rating system it should be based on the work, not the game type, the mapper, or because that person said something you didn't like once so now someone wants to get back at them, or they are just jealous of the work because they are not as good. Either way I think it cheesy, because we really need to be supporting the mappers and modders of this community.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    Hey bro,

Here it is, he he

I'm rather busy this week but I'll try it asap m8.

Pics are great but it's expected & none the less knowing you

C'ya later bro
    What he say? Whats he going to try? Did I miss something is there a d/l already?

Boomshot

What he say? Whats he going to try? Did I miss something is there a d/l already?
    no ...or i missed it too
    haha ....stevie!... u forgot yer pills again
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person

I remember this one!

I like the pics so far, just drooling for the download now

MSgt. Shooter Person

looks good so far..
    I just wonder if it won't be too dark...
    And why does the moon have an atmosphere(=corona)?!^^
    ~proud to be within the top 50.000 UT3 players of the world ~

DM-Elysium
    VCTF-Dreaming Ruins
    CTF-Simplicissimus SE
    DM-Hanoi
    VCTF-Valhalla_2010

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4der View Post
    looks good so far..
    Doesn't look dark to me. In fact, the original was a very dark map so in comparison I think 1x has really done maelstrom justice. The picts look as good if not a little better then any of the retail maps I have seen.

As a side note I see in other threads you mention lighting maybe a settings problem?
    Last edited by Gussie[MK]; 03-08-2010 at 04:50 PM.

God King

Damn......

I had several windows opened to realize it's another map I just dwn....... & I was following that map since some time so I was very exited to try it out & I was private testing another map that as a similar name so I mixed them up so sorry for the confusion folks

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Th3 Duk3 View Post
    I remember this one!

I like the pics so far, just drooling for the download now
    It should happen real soon here, look for it in the full releases sometime in the coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4der View Post
    looks good so far..
    It's true the original was quite dark and dreary, nothing too dark about this one though the preview screens should speak volumes about that hopefully.

As far as the moon, i can see where you might think that however if you'll bare with me here is my theory, *(besides the fact that i always try to do something a little different and unique with my skies, if your around you'll see something very cool in an unannounced upcoming project)*

RE: Moons

In reality in all likeliness depending on the density of the core a Moon can have an atmosphere! in fact in our own Earthen solar system one of Jupiter's moons (Europa) has an atmosphere that shields it from Jupiter's intense levels of radiation.

If it really looked that out of place and unrealistic i'd be willing to modify it, but i don't think that's the case and no one else has said anything so i'll probably 'let it ride' (like the BTO song)

I think 1x has really done maelstrom justice. The picts look as good if not a little better then any of the retail maps I have seen.
    TY for that awesome compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    Damn......

I had several windows opened to realize it's another map I just dwn....... & I was following that map since some time so I was very exited to try it out & I was private testing another map that as a similar name so I mixed them up so sorry for the confusion folks
    No worries bro .. lol - you'll see the real deal soon enough. I was considering to do a (private) Beta Phase at UOF but as busy as we all are with our other major project there .. i figured it'd be best to skip that and do it this way after all.
    Last edited by 1XTreme; 03-09-2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: spelling / grammer

Prisoner 849

Just noticed this thread!
    Screenies look grea!
    Will DL n checkout when it's ready!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Iron Guard

If you don't mind, I would love to give the map a 15min+ test before you release the final version

Looks really great btw!

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
    Just noticed this thread!
    Screenies look grea!
    Will DL n checkout when it's ready!
    TY .. sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrallala View Post
    If you don't mind, I would love to give the map a 15min+ test before you release the final version

Looks really great btw!
    Of course bro, It might delay the release slightly, but i'm ok with that.

How about this?
    I'll send you a PM with info @UOF tomorrow or the next day (PM box is full here and i don't feel like cleaning ATM) & TY, yeah it's also a wicked sick pure action map, we've been playing it on our LAN get together's (a pure blast with instagib) for months with it unfinished, i figured i better wrap it up at some point. .... haha.

Iron Guard

Sounds good. I got lots of time on my hands so I will probably be able to try it out as soon as it's downloaded and provide you with some feedback right away

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quick question... why are there blue halos around some characters and the goo balls from the bio rifle and such?

MSgt. Shooter Person

It's due to a negative value in the post processing affecting the entire map.
    Sounded kinda funny when I saw this the first time.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    [Knowlage is power] Sinéad, for the first time, life is gonna turn around...