MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Measurement templates and UDK existing meshes

Hey,

I am making a build template in Max and was wondering if there is a way to get out some static meshes from UDK to import into Max to get some object sizing. Basically I am working to a 1 unit = 2cm in Max. A UDK man is 96 units high, a wall would be about 256 high.
    What I want to do is get into max things like the Mantra, a blast door, wall segment, walkway segment etc and just build boxes to represent those objects as a build template.

Any ideas on how I can size these things up?

Thanks.

S.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey,

I know this may seem like too noob a question but any help will be great. I just want to get my meshes right and am just looking for some reference meshes or the like.

Cheers

MSgt. Shooter Person

You don't really need to import the meshes to max. Just place the meshes you want to measure in a level in UDK, then drag with the middle mouse button (in the ortographic views) to get a measure in unreal units.
    When you make something in max, whatever is your base unit will be 1 unreal unit when you export the model to UDK, so the middle mouse measure should translate directly to max units.
    For example, paste the Mantra and measure its X Y and Z lengths, then make a box in max with the same unit values.
    Last edited by Crozz; 03-09-2010 at 06:11 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

perfect, thanks for that - simple yet it will do exactly what I need.

Cheers and beers

S.