Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Iron Guard

Map Pack (PC/PS3) UT99 & 2004 Remake Links (100+ maps)

I've decided to reboot this thread, the original thread from Sneh, (who hasn't been active in months) i've used some of his links, i'll update as necessary to repair broken links and include new additions.

UT3 Remakes / Conversions Finals:

Capture the Flag Finals:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Death Match Finals:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Capture the Flag - WIP & Beta's

Death Match - WIP & Beta's

IF your map is missing, please post in this thread and i'll update the first post. More to come ..

I made an inspired remake of DM-Antalus, but named it DM-Tomac (since I made some changes). I also made a winter version of the map, DM-Tomac-WE. It's set at night and has a nice weather related kismet sequence.

Iron Guard

Cool i'll ad both of those to the list and since you've posted & explained folks will know that the maps are based on DM-Antalus. (one of my fav UT2003 DM maps)

Thanks Odedge.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Madcatz75

Thanks for this. Which ones haven't been done yet that are UT99 remakes?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I don't think anyone's done CTF-Orbital '99.

http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Unreal_Tournament#Maps

Looks like a lot of them have already been done though.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Hmm I don't think anyone's done CTF-EpicBoy either

MSgt. Shooter Person

I would like Niven, Eternal Caves, Bollwerk and a Coret (that won't cause an epileptic episode).

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

I think someone did an eternal caves already... and as soon as I'm feeling better I might take on Coret... make it a rusty theme.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
    Thanks for this. Which ones haven't been done yet that are UT99 remakes?
    Roger that!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirestorm View Post
    I don't think anyone's done CTF-Orbital '99.

http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Unreal_Tournament#Maps

Looks like a lot of them have already been done though.
    Thx for the link. Now we need one for the 2K3/4 series.

--I think someone was working on CTF-Orbital '99, might be abandon now though - not sure. --

Epicboy would be awesome, (there is a generic Epicman floating around somewhere, TBH i wasn't impressed with it) so would Coret with working doors. - Shame Niven was made but it's broken for Multiplayer .. (persistent package error)

I haven't seen Eternalcave, though i have it planned and in the works.

If anyone is interested i'll post some shots of my upcoming CTF-Maelstrom, also a UT99 fan-fav (should be ready for release soon) - & by far my best work so far.

Boomshot

hey bro nice idea

some suggestions and ideas:

-morpheus (ut99) and morpheus3(ut2004) arent the same map and perhaps it can be more clear if they have their own "line"

-dunno if u re interrested to add DM-Flux (remake from Unreal Tournament ps2/dreamcast version...one of the main 1v1map)

-i m working on a "remake" of DM-Phobos (25%) and CTF-BridgeOfFate(50%)

thx for taking the "relay" of sneh nice job; keep it up

any news from barballs and his malevolence? not seen the final(or i missed it ) and the map was 99% ok ...nah?
    Last edited by Bl!tz~; 03-03-2010 at 09:50 PM.
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person

Not to be mean, but some remakes are not worth the dl. Somehow the scaling seems to have gotten away from people and we are ending up with massive maps, and based on how different we move now it is a bad mix. Some need to be remade. It is a shame that Niven is broken as that was one of the best original maps for UT99. A few others I can think are Espirit , Noon Raid, November Classic ( even though it has been done , it wasn't as good as it could be. The remake barely resembles the original) , Noxion16.

BTW Maelstrom in an awesome map and will be a great addition to the game

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

I always thought my UT99 remakes were pretty good, but you can't please everyone. Probably tomorrow or friday I'll start a layout for Coret.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    hey bro nice idea :)

some suggestions and ideas:

-morpheus (ut99) and morpheus3(ut2004) arent the same map and perhaps it can be more clear if they have their own "line"

-dunno if u re interrested to add DM-Flux (remake from Unreal Tournament ps2/dreamcast version...one of the main 1v1map)

-i m working on a "remake" of DM-Phobos (25%) and CTF-BridgeOfFate(50%)

thx for taking the "relay" of sneh nice job; keep it up ;)

any news from barballs and his malevolence? not seen the final(or i missed it :p) and the map was 99% ok ...nah?
    Hiya brotha. Whatup!! :D Yeah i figured this would be a good thread, and we'll enhance the original idea adding the 2kX series while we're at it, also as far as the Beta WIP threads i'm only going for active threads, i know there are a ton of unfinished WIP beta's (mostly DM maps) that are stagnant, we'll let those sleeping dogs lie. If someone has an active Beta they'd like on the list i'll certainly ad it. ;)

I'll ad the Morpheus maps as well as Flux. Thx for pointing those out. - Those maps absolutely belong on the list.. Soon we'll be able to change the title to 60+ maps, and so on and so forth.

RE: DM-Malevolence *(dunno)* I'm sure Barballs will be back at some point. (probably hiding from the IRS) he mention taxes or something. ^^ Heh

MSgt. Shooter Person

If Niven really is that broken, then hopefully someone will want to release a "fixed" remake of that. I've only played Niven single player and not multi, so that's probably why I haven't seen this broken-ness.

That reminds me - I tried that CTF-Orbital2 map some time ago, but I didn't like it. It lagged my rig too much, and some textures were missing (just black in its place). Here's to hoping someone will want to take a shot at that map.

Oh, Blitz, would you be able to release a BR version of BridgeOfFate (for RelicBR) alongside the CTF version?

Boomshot

@1x:thx for infos

@firestorm:BR? bombing run?
    in fact i hesitate between vctf(without vehicles) and ctf...the overboard is more fun than the teleporter on that kind of huge map
    i never did any BR map but i ll try to grab infos and if it s not a too huge deal i ll do it alongside
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W

MSgt. Shooter Person

1X I found a couple of remakes that aren't listed here are the links
    the first is Freespace http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=607454
    The next is w00tabulous http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=609422

Thank You

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
    1X I found a couple of remakes that aren't listed here are the links
    the first is Freespace http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=607454
    The next is w00tabulous http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=609422

Thank You
    Those are quake maps really

Iron Guard

@Gussy[MK] I do agree that remake of November hardly resembles anything of November (except the upper area of the Blue Base, and it's huge! nothing bad to the author but if your going to do something like that why not do it right? your supposed to be able to dodge to the submarine in the middle, if that fundamental part is wrong then something really isn't right) Just the same still beautiful work in its own right.

I always thought my UT99 remakes were pretty good, but you can't please everyone. Probably tomorrow or friday I'll start a layout for Coret.
    I agree, most are, though there are a few / some that seemed like they were terribly over-scaled. Ah! Coret sounds great with the right scaling and working doors!!!! When you get to the doors if you need help with that let me know, i can help. I've seen several requests now for proper Coret remake, IMO it should be quite well received.

Those are quake maps really
    AFAIK CTF-Woot was originally a UT99 map, and some others borrowed from Quake were quite popular in former versions of UT.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

And I feel that I could be up to the task of making a decent Coret - I reserve the right to make it, and I feel like I've earned the right to make a good one.

Iron Guard

And I feel that I could be up to the task of making a decent Coret - I reserve the right to make it, and I feel like I've earned the right to make a good one.
    That's the right attitude bro ..

I'm sure you'll do an awesome job .. Retail UT3 Coret was hokey, over-scaled. & didn't include FireBR.

Will you use any of the gears assets?

Suggestively
    Main things IMO;

1. Proper scaling & layout (stick to the original layout if you can)
    2. Working doors at the splits and lower base entry. (like original)
    3. Use FireBR for the music.

That map being remade will be of Epic proportions, that much is for sure. I know it's in good hands if your doing it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Here are a few more maps I found can you please add them
    The first is GrendelKeep3 http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=593189
    and The second is Joust reloaded http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...ighlight=joust
    And DD Joust http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...ighlight=joust
    I know I have 2 jousts up there but both are good IMO

BTW: Great Thread it will be nice to see the former versions of maps from the tournament organized and maintained.

2 more maps I would like to see brought forward are ctf-lucius & ctf-mcswartzly][. I have vague memory of someone remaking Mcswartzly but bots were broken. I could be wrong

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

I'll definetly stick to the original layout, I'll try to get those doors working, shouldn't present much of a problem though.

MSgt. Shooter Person

that's great that you are going to remake Coret. Going by the quality of your other work I know you'll do a really good job. Thank You

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

that's great that you are going to remake Coret. Going by the quality of your other work I know you'll do a really good job. Thank You
    I needed a new project anyways

Iron Guard

@1x:thx for infos
    YW DM-Phobos & CTF-BridgeOfFate both are awesome maps glad to hear it someone is working on them. Are you planning of a beta session of these maps? or have you started one we've missed?? If you would show us the links so i can ad them to the other current betas.

Here are a few more maps I found can you please add them

BTW: Great Thread it will be nice to see the former versions of maps from the tournament organized and maintained.

2 more maps I would like to see brought forward are ctf-lucius & ctf-mcswartzly][. I have vague memory of someone remaking Mcswartzly but bots were broken. I could be wrong
    Will do! - thanks for the links .. (appreciate the help) keep them coming ..

I also found a severely kickbutt remake of CTF-CHROME (an awesome UT2KX fan favorite by CLIFFYB (the legend) called CTF-BIOMIUM (redone for UT3 by Jayoplus - a very talented community mapper) I'm surprised i've been here for more than a year and just now found it, I'll be adding that to the list as well.

Soon we'll have 60+ maps, I'm also going to ask my friends Skillz & Zunnie to help will mirroring all the files on this list so we can avoid the dreadful filefront deletion issue. Lets do this right.

I'll definetly stick to the original layout, I'll try to get those doors working, shouldn't present much of a problem though.
    Great! looking forward to an eventual beta thread.

P.S.
    Who ever asked/made this thread a sticky good idea! (i almost couldn't find it today) lol

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by 1XTreme View Post
    I'm also going to ask my friends Skillz & Zunnie to help will mirroring all the files on this list so we can avoid the dreadful filefront deletion issue. Lets do this right.
    I think that is a very good idea it is always nice to avoid filefront if you can. Plus it is nice to have a back up location.

Redeemer

Lightbulb

I think someone is planning EpicBoy, but I'm not sure who and it actually may have been mentioned as a UT2004 map and not UT3.

Boomshot

@1x: i dunno if u know this list from akira kurosawa on bu...if not it can probably help

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=179498

good idea to ask to zunnie & skillz for the mirroring ;could be a good point to have some kind of organisation to find all thoses maps ... dead links arent making justice to all theses hours of work

for bridgeoffate & phobos i m in alpha stages and i build em one place after the other; so it still missing "gameplay" items in lot of places; though i m gonna start an alpha/pre-beta thread for each with some picts

@hitman: cool for coret

Iron Guard

Thx for that Bl!tz .. (i wonder how much of that are dead links and such) - i'll have a look.

Did you ever see my remake thread at BU? TBH, between the boards being slow over there, the attitudes, the light moderating and such i decided to abandon that for the most part and start over here. (still tons of great people there don't get me wrong) - (This is my original home any way) One of the main good things came out of my remake thread at BU is that Ignotium (CBP mapper) decided to take on a remake of DM-Zeto while we were all discussing ideas. :thumbs-up:

He might be along at some point to post some WIP with any luck.

Boomshot

no... can u provide a link to ur remake thread on bu plz?
    really glad this thread is sticky...usefull & logical ;good job m8

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

I've started construction on CTF-Coret, not much done yet, just a few wall decorations, 90% textured surfaces.

Iron Guard

no... can u provide a link to ur remake thread on bu plz?
    really glad this thread is sticky...usefull & logical ;good job m8 :p
    Sure thing bro,

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=190436

(appreciate your help and encouragement) :D

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

CTF-Coret progress: 25% at this point.

Iron Guard

Default HolySh .. sh.... sh ... sh ..

Does anyone remember CTF-Maelstrom from UT99? ..

This bad-boy is about 99% finshed, we just put it through its paces tonight in our in house lab where we do our private beta testing, i'm not sure if there will be a public beta phase on this map, it should be final in very soon.

Features: (preview)
    • Custom Skyward Fire audio track (Re-mixed by 1x.)
    • Custom textures & assets (1x)
    • Aprox. 7500 combine total assets
    • Appropriate scale
    • Next-Gen style
    • Original / fully authentic layout
    • Highly optimized for performance
    • Dozens of hours of play & AI testing (Humans Vs AI on LAN)
    • All your base are belong to us ..

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version - This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version - This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version- This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version- This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Redeemer

Exclamation

Coret would be cool and can't wait. Also, just wanted to mention CTF-Epicboy again as a good one and I agree that CTF-Lucius would be kick a$$. Also, just finished playing DM-Flux (CONSOLE BONUS PACK VERSION for original UT or at least the one that works by Wander) for the first time and was not impressed at all; at least to me it was just OK (the gameplay did not impress me at all, so I hope the new version will be a lot better; by the way, I usually don't check the beta sections).

EDIT: corrected. Also, I don't even have a CTF-Maelstrom installed for UT for some odd reason.....I guess I'll just wait for this one.
    Although, I just checked UT-FILES and there seems to be 6 different versions of it:
    http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/CTF/MapsM/
    Anyone know which one is the best?
    Last edited by SkaarjMaster; 04-04-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

I think you mean CTF-Epicboy

Nice job on the map so far, xtreme! After coret I'll get around to checking out Lucius.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    EDIT: corrected. Also, I don't even have a CTF-Maelstrom installed for UT for some odd reason.....I guess I'll just wait for this one.
    Although, I just checked UT-FILES and there seems to be 6 different versions of it:
    http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/CTF/MapsM/
    Anyone know which one is the best?
    I'd say go with the original, which is what my remake is based off of. In all of it's original simplicity, a highly popular map in UT99 both weapons & instagib on PUGS (pickup games) ladder matches, and scrimmages, has similar elements of Niven, curved corridors - hard fight and out of the bases with a nice twist and some Z-axis elements below. Shame it was never properly remade for 2K4.

http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?di...-maelstrom.zip

Nice job on the map so far, xtreme!
    Thank ya kindly. - had a blast re-making it, the most fun of anything i've done for sure, going back to my mapping in UT99. I'm starting to really get the knack for the UT3 Next-gen potential as apposed to the original style we learned in former engines.

Glad to hear your making progress on Coret, That is so kewl that a few of us are working on quality remakes.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

As soon as I progress a little further I'll snap some shots.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Big Grin Now it is 65+

I combed through the full releases today and found about 20 different remakes some different versions of ones posted already some that just got forgotten.
    Anyways I will post them in a few sessions. They are mostly ctf (since that is what I play most and therefore I know more of the titles).

CTF-(=DJ=)Diamond2k7 Weapons Version http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=589886
    CTF-(Vp)Fragwhorehttp://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=601672
    CTF-Acropolishttp://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=610416
    CTF-Bloxeh2008http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594623
    CTF-Bloxehhttp://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594228

MSgt. Shooter Person

Maelstrom looks awesome. I mean really really Awesome. This map was a blast in UT99, not much to look at but a blast to play. Your remake looks like Maelstrom on wicked sick visual steroids.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast