Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel147 View Post
    LMAO!! then you see a locust with a fake mustache doing the talking.

.......what the hell do locust need with money?
    It's PETA. They "protect" animals. They'll buy guns and stuff for them.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SQuirrel147

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    It's PETA. They "protect" animals. They'll buy guns and stuff for them.
    well i think they would just rip "PETA'S" head off along with everyone else.
    ~ SQ ~

Yes I am looking forward to Judgment. But NOT because it's Gears.

Gamer IDs

well i think they would just rip "PETA'S" head off along with everyone else.
    lol. Just b/c PETA is wrong doesn't mean they'll stop.

PETA wants animal life put above humanity. To them, if a snake wants to eat you, you shouldn't kill the snake, you should allow it to eat you as a sign of peace.

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

lol. Just b/c PETA is wrong doesn't mean they'll stop.

PETA wants animal life put above humanity. To them, if a snake wants to eat you, you shouldn't kill the snake, you should allow it to eat you as a sign of peace.
    well TBH i would take a animal over a human any day, alot of humans are dirt bags lol.

i am waayyy big on animal offense and abuse, so if a dog and a guy falls off a boat, you better believe i will save the dog lol.
    ~ SQ ~

Iron Guard
    On Mount Kadar, desperately holding back a locust counteroffensive.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mortabunt

Very well done. If Epic never comes forwards with the whole story, then this should be published all around the internet.
    [Fan Fic Writers Support Group]

Blood, death, carnage? Sounds like heaven to me

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by mortablunt View Post
    Very well done. If Epic never comes forwards with the whole story, then this should be published all around the internet.
    lol. I'll make sure it's finished then, JIC.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I Fa7aLi7y I

Thats one hell of a good theory, plus ive got to admit the rift worm really does look like a rock worm on steroids!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thats just made me think, there does seem to be some sort of connection with the rock/rift worm as they are very similar (obv. other than size) so why make it any more complicated than the fact that they could be the same species. Many species live for an extremely long time, so is it too far fetched to assume that the rock worm is just a young rift worm? Depending upon growth rate it could easily reach that kind of size in say 100 years.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by evildude3uk View Post
    Thats just made me think, there does seem to be some sort of connection with the rock/rift worm as they are very similar (obv. other than size) so why make it any more complicated than the fact that they could be the same species. Many species live for an extremely long time, so is it too far fetched to assume that the rock worm is just a young rift worm? Depending upon growth rate it could easily reach that kind of size in say 100 years.
    nice catch. yes, it's one of my considerations on this. I've got something in the works and I should be able to post it tomorrow.

keep looking and any feedback is appreciated.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Woohoo I made sense for a change! Thanks for posting your thoughts as they seriously make you think about how and where the locust/kantus etc all originated from and brings some added depth to the story line.

Gamer IDs

updated info. on Origins and Lambent Theory added

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

wow! cool theories TAO. hhmmmm need a little bit more connections but still good.

p.s i did lol.
    ~ SQ ~

Banned

I'm not so sure about the whole 'Retro virus' but good work none the less.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    I'm not so sure about the whole 'Retro virus' but good work none the less.
    thanks. The retro-virus was an idea spawned by the drug trials at New Hope Facility. When they noticed the Drugs reacting oddly, changing their patients, the paperwork sorta ends.

A Retro-Virus is a specific biological Virus. Normal Viruses are carried into your body and make you sick. The common cold and the Flu are types of bodily oriented Viruses.

A Retrovirus literally adapts to you RNA. The building blocks of your DNA strands. When a retrovirus infiltrates your body, it incorporates itself into your system rewriting your genetic makeup. Some forms of Cancer operate as a retrovirus using your body to grow.

While retroviruses are studied for use in treating disease and health conditions (deformities, bad genes, genetic ailments) it is a relatively unknown science. The possibilities of a retrovirus are unknown and have been theorized to cause "rapid evolution".

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yalnif

thanks. The retro-virus was an idea spawned by the drug trials at New Hope Facility. When they noticed the Drugs reacting oddly, changing their patients, the paperwork sorta ends.

A Retro-Virus is a specific biological Virus. Normal Viruses are carried into your body and make you sick. The common cold and the Flu are types of bodily oriented Viruses.

A Retrovirus literally adapts to you RNA. The building blocks of your DNA strands. When a retrovirus infiltrates your body, it incorporates itself into your system rewriting your genetic makeup. Some forms of Cancer operate as a retrovirus using your body to grow.

While retroviruses are studied for use in treating disease and health conditions (deformities, bad genes, genetic ailments) it is a relatively unknown science. The possibilities of a retrovirus are unknown and have been theorized to cause "rapid evolution".
    your a very knowledgeable person may i say lol, will read the new stuff now.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by yalnif View Post
    your a very knowledgeable person may i say lol, will read the new stuff now.
    lol. when you have no friends as a kid, you read. a lot.......

I could almost take the Final Exams for most College Majors when I was 15. It just sucks I never actually wanted to go to school. I love learning, hate school. The teachers knew less than I did, lol.

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

lol. when you have no friends as a kid, you read. a lot.......

I could almost take the Final Exams for most College Majors when I was 15. It just sucks I never actually wanted to go to school. I love learning, hate school. The teachers knew less than I did, lol.
    I LOVE READING OMG!! lol i am way smarter then my 20/25 year old cusins and some of my aunts/uncles i love playing scrabble and i love too point out other peoples grammer problems lol

i can't do math for s*** but can do fractions lmao!!

i did some of the questions/quizzes in my brothers ASVAB book and i got 90% of them right(except the math questions lol)

sorry on-topic, another thing you could look into is why the locust abuse/torture people on the boat kinda things? and why they are so ruthless, cause according to you they tried too make amends with the humans/COG right?
    ~ SQ ~

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

TAO Devil you know your stuff, I did a bit on DNA RNA etc in university but not to that kind of depth. Very interesting!! The way things are going Epic should employ you to write their story lines for them, would make for some real engrossing stuff!

Gamer IDs

TAO Devil you know your stuff, I did a bit on DNA RNA etc in university but not to that kind of depth. Very interesting!! The way things are going Epic should employ you to write their story lines for them, would make for some real engrossing stuff!
    lol. I write novels as a hobby. One of these days, ill take one and see If I can publish it.

I constantly take story lines and revamp, add or just put it linear for fun.

I know you're thinking. "Man this guy's lame" but I actually have a unique Brain Chemistry. I have a 5 track mind. literally. I can multitask up to 5 things at a time perfectly. One track can do Mathematics for my job, another can be rewriting a speech/presentation, figuring new home expenses/paperwork, working on my Novel, and explaining a Job to a customer all in my head while surfing the forums.
    I also have an Eidetic memory so i don't forget stuff easily.

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

lol. I write novels as a hobby. One of these days, ill take one and see If I can publish it.

I know you're thinking. "Man this guy's lame" but I actually have a unique Brain Chemistry. I have a 5 track mind. literally. I can multitask up to 5 things at a time perfectly. One track can do Mathematics for my job, another can be rewriting a speech/presentation, figuring new home expenses/paperwork, working on my Novel, and explaining a Job to a customer all in my head while surfing the forums.
    you sound fun too talk too lol sorry if that sounds creepy but we should play gears and chat some time
    ~ SQ ~

Gamer IDs

you sound fun too talk too lol sorry if that sounds creepy but we should play gears and chat some time
    lol. I'm a little crazy......

I'm either hysterical or I sound creepy

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

lol. I'm a little crazy......

I'm either hysterical or I sound creepy
    lol well if it works i guess it works lol you said you had a wife so i think it works
    ~ SQ ~

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

You really need to see if you can get some stuff published, if its even half as good as whats been wrote here your going to be rolling in cash!

Gamer IDs

bump for feedback, comments, criticisms.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OldDave1982

Corpser is another Locust of unknown origin.
    One of the Large Locust breeds; they are unique in that they are intelligent. Able to strategize ambushes, they make several appearances throughout both games. In gears 1, the Corpser tracks our movements while in the Locust Underground. In Gears 2 we see them leap upon a Derrick in the first chapter. Used by Locust to create the massive underground network and to be deadly creatures, these Corpsers have earned their name by the very meaning of it.

there is a spider, cant remeber exactly what type
    that does this in nature, think it might be the porche spider.

if i find more about whatever spider it is ill post it.
    Suffer unto the locusts
    Lambent Force #333
    if you shake my hand. you better count your fingers.
    Seriously 3.0 - 69.74%

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGinger View Post
    Corpser is another Locust of unknown origin.
    One of the Large Locust breeds; they are unique in that they are intelligent. Able to strategize ambushes, they make several appearances throughout both games. In gears 1, the Corpser tracks our movements while in the Locust Underground. In Gears 2 we see them leap upon a Derrick in the first chapter. Used by Locust to create the massive underground network and to be deadly creatures, these Corpsers have earned their name by the very meaning of it.

there is a spider, cant remeber exactly what type
    that does this in nature, think it might be the porche spider.

if i find more about whatever spider it is ill post it.
    I know the 'Trap door' Spider does this, the Corpsers on Rolling Thunder part of the game do this to

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    I know the 'Trap door' Spider does this, the Corpsers on Rolling Thunder part of the game do this to
    ahhh you just reminded me of that movie "8 legged freaks!"

awesome movie baaaaad story.
    ~ SQ ~

Gamer IDs

bump......

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NUM83R54R3C00L

good theory, but it is untrue. I stumbled upon a japanese copy of "gears 4" for the playstation 2 (yes they are literally decades ahead of us in every aspect of life, there is a time rift) and in the end you find out that humans are horribly mutated locusts.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Angra Mainyu View Post
    good theory, but it is untrue. I stumbled upon a japanese copy of "gears 4" for the playstation 2 (yes they are literally decades ahead of us in every aspect of life, there is a time rift) and in the end you find out that humans are horribly mutated locusts.
    lol. why the PS2?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Awsome Read.

Could definately be used an implemented and be believeable.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Freelanceclown

Great read .... love it!!

Though i still think that the imulsion is 95% guilty for the creation of the locust!!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThrenodyCreed PSN ID: ThrenodyCreed

As I told you on IRC, I think knowing about the relationship between Adam Fenix and the Locust Queen is pivotal to finding out whether the Locust are man-made or not.

The thing is, Epic may be mean and not tell us anything else about Mr. Fenix. Not all loose ends need to be tied after all

Good presentation, btw. It's an easy read.
    Missing my Gearheads.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OldDave1982

do they have shenmue 3??

adam, at the end after flooding the hollow. "what have you done" or something to that nature. queen being power hungry, adam searching for the cure,
    flooding the hollow would have diluted the emulsion, coming into contact with everything,
    making lambent / mutating humans and locusts alike,
    polluting the entire planet to some degree. quite possible that the flood could go deeper into the planets core (deeper than the hollow) awakening/mutating other insects/creatures.
    Suffer unto the locusts
    Lambent Force #333
    if you shake my hand. you better count your fingers.
    Seriously 3.0 - 69.74%

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gears 4???? Thats gotta be a fake. Ive searched the net just to be sure and im coming back with nothing. If you know where this gears 4 is on the net can you post a link??

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NUM83R54R3C00L

Gears 4???? Thats gotta be a fake. Ive searched the net just to be sure and im coming back with nothing. If you know where this gears 4 is on the net can you post a link??
    it was sold on ebay for $400 and the sale only happened at midnight on hallows eve, with a bidding window of 666 seconds

Gamer IDs

it was sold on ebay for $400 and the sale only happened at midnight on hallows eve, with a bidding window of 666 seconds
    lol. all right. you've had your fun. Please keep this on topic

Gamer IDs

bump......

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThrenodyCreed PSN ID: ThrenodyCreed

Unfortunately I don't think the 3rd book will shed any light on this subject, and that's the soonest we're getting fresh info on the canon Gears universe.

Well, maybe Miss Traviss (or is it Mrs.?) will surprise us. Anyhow I guess we'll have to wait until Gears 3 to draw new conclusions if anything.

Epic should make the games more plot-heavy and focused, they have a great universe going on and they could do so much more with it...
    Missing my Gearheads.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GnarledMantella

i think the locust queen is mrs fenix marcus's mother who went "missing" when marcus was very young
    she was also a scientist and she and adam fenix could have been working on mutating human's for the pendulum war effort
    but if movies tell us anything it's when working with virus/dna changing material
    the lead scientist always get's infected!
    adam fenix missing for all these years is trying to get mrs fenix back to human form
    mrs fenix aka the queen is pissed off with humanity due to the fact they bundled her away with a lot of failed experiments underground

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast