Default Uninstall the first version?

Can someone tell me how do we uninstall the first release version of the UDK after I installed the 2nd release? Because when I go to the Control Panel to uninstall it, it said it has an error: UnSetup has stop working. I'm running on a Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks.

I used a program called Perfect Uninstaller to remove it.

How about a proper fix from Epic to uninstall UDK from Vista 64 without having to pay for an external app?

You dont have to necessarily pay for such apps. There are quite some that are free. Revo Uninstaller, for example, should do the trick for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekaki View Post
    You dont have to necessarily pay for such apps. There are quite some that are free. Revo Uninstaller, for example, should do the trick for you.
    LOL. Revo Uninstaller= FAIL.

MSgt. Shooter Person

why not go to Programs and features and use it that to Unstall it ?
    It may also be called remove/add programs if you have XP

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
    why not go to Programs and features and use it that to Unstall it ?
    It may also be called remove/add programs if you have XP
    Perhaps you misunderstood the thread topic and the first poster. This is exactly what we are trying to do. Using add/remove programs from the contol panel, fails. This is the point. It also says (at least the first poster and I) are using Vista 64. I even tried the "hunter" mode of revo uninstaller and it fails as well.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: [PSN] MANDINGA

This is a registry corruption error, welcopme to the world of windows, that only way I've gotten around this is a full clean reinstall of windows (XP64 and Vista64) haven't had this issue with 7x64 yet but I'm sure itll happen eventually. How long have you had your current windows installation for?
    Playstation Network: MANDINGA

MSgt. Shooter Person

odd. i get that same issue when trying to uninstall The Ball Demo, but when i tried to uninstall the first release of udk, it worked perfectly.. vista-32bit

If you install the first version, then the second over it - it's most likely that the 2nd overwrites bunch of stuff and there might be even overlapping registry entries too due that. So, either you dismiss the fact that you have it in your "install/uninstall application" menu, or you get remove that entry with a tool such as CCleaner which is free. The end result is pretty much the same functionality wise.

Skaarj

me too. i had problems with both the 1st and the ball when trying to uninstall. they won't using window's or ccleaner's uninstaller. i ended up just deleting the folders to reclaim the disk space.

Super Moderator

How are you guys getting this error? What is the exact steps you take to get to this point (where you install the builds, what options you use to uninstall, etc.)?
    What Clucks At Midnight!