Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UKnowJack

Quote Originally Posted by Crotale View Post
    Ah, okay. The issue I take with that is that 99.99999999999999% of those who use that method literally take the original image, make very minor alterations, and call it their own. What I try to do is use as little of the original as possible meanwhile adding as much of my own into it.

What I feel is "cheating" on my part isn't using a direct image and calling it my own, but using it as a template to paint upon. Think of "template" as more the line of "stencil". I suppose I use it as a coloring book.
    Actually, I wasn't trying to insinuate that you, on your behalf, take an original image, slapping a few filters on it, and boom, hey look what I did, that's wasn't what I thought at all when you mentioned "cheating," although, granted, what you mentioned earlier, is pretty common, and rolled into the term, generally speaking of "rendering"...

...but what I was also referring to, concerning the definition, was using the program as a medium in the literal sense, to either enhance or apply to the image. I do it all the time, using colored pencil to apply to watercolor, literally, which is becoming more common digitally. Would I be correct to assume that you take ploygon templates and texturize them, or am I totally off on what you're using?

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: irishdudewill

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesybites View Post
    Actually, I wasn't trying to insinuate that you, on your behalf, take an original image, slapping a few filters on it, and boom, hey look what I did, that's wasn't what I thought at all when you mentioned "cheating," although, granted,
    I wasn't sure, so thank you for clarifying. My reading skills probably aren't what they used to be.

what you mentioned earlier, is pretty common, and rolled into the term, generally speaking of "rendering"...
    I strongly dislike that use of the term. Not only do the amateurs who use other peoples' work and call it their own, they also call the extracted product a "render." As a matter of fact, there exists actual sites where you can find cutouts of characters and such from games. Those persons who submit these pieces often put their names on the piece and get very angry when someone uses it without giving "credit" though the former gave no such credit to the original author or copyright owner. Sorry for the soapbox.

...but what I was also referring to, concerning the definition, was using the program as a medium in the literal sense, to either enhance or apply to the image. I do it all the time, using colored pencil to apply to watercolor, literally, which is becoming more common digitally. Would I be correct to assume that you take ploygon templates and texturize them, or am I totally off on what you're using?
    Yep, that's me.
    Bacon, it's what's for dinner!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RegardedChase

dammit Skorge u are so wierd hahahaha but ur ok i dont mind.LOL hahaha and thats nice to know Jonsey and Skorge wtf why wuld i ask for nudy pics Jesus bro u scare me!LOL hahaha
    SoulForged Gear"Death Before Dishonor."

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UKnowJack

strongly dislike that use of the term. Not only do the amateurs who use other peoples' work and call it their own, they also call the extracted product a "render." As a matter of fact, there exists actual sites where you can find cutouts of characters and such from games. Those persons who submit these pieces often put their names on the piece and get very angry when someone uses it without giving "credit" though the former gave no such credit to the original author or copyright owner. Sorry for the soapbox.
    Not at all, I was just trying to read in between the lines as to what you where implying; it was late...but wasn't there another, formal term for what you mentioned, taking a finshed pic (s), whether it be your own or not, and digitally "colage" it? I always called it "filtering" or "digital application," but I don't call it graphic "art," because it's not a "creation," or even "recreation"; it's just a colage, which I've noticed alot of the digital work here is, especially with sigs.

Yep, that's me.
    Gotcha...by spouse does the same...not professionally, it's just a hobby, but he used to do it making starships and then "paint" or texturize the model he assembled.

dammit Skorge u are so wierd hahahaha but ur ok i dont mind.LOL hahaha and thats nice to know Jonsey and Skorge wtf why wuld i ask for nudy pics Jesus bro u scare me!LOL hahaha
    With SKORGE, that's just scratching the surface...but on my behalf, my spouse and I pull this stuff all the time (not posting erotic pics online, mind you) but...for example, as a practical joke, he illustrated (by hand) and composed a GoW calander (for me) with a Gear, in pose, for each month...and it was just wrong, so wrong ...but at the same time, it was still funny.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

hahahaha thats a bit strange but oh well hahaha i wish my girlfriend wuld draw but shes horrible at it and besides all she gets me are sports illustrated calenders LOL!!!!!

Palace Guard

to OP:

whow he even more scary than the orginal.. in my opinion.
    got to be the fact that his R eye seem to have an different look at at
    than his left "the way i read your picture"
    almost makes him more insane. COOL.
    I dont have clue whut i just said, so try too pardon me.
    had an blast with shotgun wretches on horde.
    breach.. ftw

Legend.....wait for it....dary
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meh PSN ID: Meh

LOL!

Jonesy, that is wrong, and that's coming from me!
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Hope to see a lot of you on the BT Forums! - 11/02/2014 (lol)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

actually Tag his left eye is larger than his right if u look at him in gears 2 multiplayer and also in the picture i drew it from

Palace Guard

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForged Gear View Post
    actually Tag his left eye is larger than his right if u look at him in gears 2 multiplayer and also in the picture i drew it from
    mm ah yes left..

and i didnt know, i spend a lot of time drooling over mostly gears1 splendour,
    and redid the end level like an dozen times..
    "yes i am that bad"
    yet i never noticed that raams left eye was bigger than his right.

Still i notice it on your drawing and its way cool. I also like the grittyness of the pencil drawing.
    ps: your idea as icons for the character MP selection in lobby way cool.
    breach.. ftw

Wow, looks even scarier than the real RAAM!
    Youtube Gears of War fan film practice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcmNIT3eRWo

Palace Guard

Quote Originally Posted by SatanEclipsed View Post
    Wow, looks even scarier than the real RAAM!
    yes thats whut i said.
    breach.. ftw

Banned

good details but lightin is a bit off

Palace Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Valentinexox View Post
    good details but lightin is a bit off
    lol i thought i was picky..
    it is an pencil drawing, and maybe ran out of pencils..
    if you mean left side of his shoulder?
    breach.. ftw

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

no guys i did this on photoshop with the brush tool this is my first drawing and i just faded it out stupid.LOL

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wisdom Thumbs

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForged Gear View Post
    here is a drawing i did on Photoshop brush its my first time using the program and this is my first drawing ive done on here. PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!!!!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    That's f*cking amazing.
    I came up with the Bag 'N Tag idea. No really, check the date. (proof)
    Fanboy of Gears since GameInformer's 2005 cover-article
    Speedtest - my internet is slower than yours

"Tommorrow" - short story..................................................Games as Literature: Aspho Fields podcast

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

hahaha thanks Wisdom how have u been?

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wisdom Thumbs

Wonderful, except for the loss of all my priveleges (except eating and drinking, but those may be gone soon too, lol).

http://i48.tinypic.com/33k8w28.jpg
    I came up with the Bag 'N Tag idea. No really, check the date. (proof)
    Fanboy of Gears since GameInformer's 2005 cover-article
    Speedtest - my internet is slower than yours

"Tommorrow" - short story..................................................Games as Literature: Aspho Fields podcast

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

hahaha i take it u got into some deep **** with ur folks too? i too have been through those dark ages.LOL

Gamer IDs

More drawings man, we need them! You can't show us this and then expect us not to beg for more!
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

hahhahaha i will dont worry bro!!!LOL

Gamer IDs

Good, now I can sleep at night!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kyra Ookamj

Oooooh, really love how you drew RAAM <3 I gotta say.... he is, hands down, my absolute favorite character in all of the games. i adored him a few years before i had an xbox of my own to be able to even play Gears haha!

Anyways, fantasic work, keep it up!!
    Last edited by LambentKilla73; 05-01-2013 at 03:48 AM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gabby BeBallin

That is amazing!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    They always ask "What does the fox say?" but never "How does the fox feel?"

I don't get to play that much these days, but I'm always glad to play with people
    when I am. Hit me up if you want to play some gears 3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12