Thread: Source Code

Default Source Code

Congratulations !! Fantastic Game!!

i downloaded the source code and include in my UDK folder, but i have a lot of errors in the compiled.

Can you help me, please?

Thanks

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sure!

First, did you extract it over a CLEAN JAN QA UDK installation, & overwrite all files as it requested?

Second, can you tell me if you have this file? Development\Src\UDKGame\Classes\main.uc

Third, can you delete all of your "UTGame\Config\UT*.ini" files and try compiling again?

Fourth, paste me some of the errors you're getting?

Thanks,
    Jer

P.S. Thanks for the nice words about our little game... it was a lot of fun to create and we're super excited about where it's at now (the DunDef that you're playing is actually almost two months old, and as you can imagine we work fast )
    Last edited by JeremyStieglitz; 02-05-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks

I have main.uc and overwrite all the files, but i have 27 errors, for example:

In DunDefPlayer.uc(314) : Error, Bad or missing expression in Call to 'Clamp', parameter 2
    In DunDefTower_GasTrap.uc(65): Error, Bar or missing expression in '='

MSgt. Shooter Person

Arrow

Hey urao,

Aha, those two errors would occur if the UDK's "Object.uc" was not overwritten with the custom version included in the Dungeon Defense source: I added some additional helper functions to the Object class so that I'd have easy access to them throughout the codebase.

Specifically, it seems these functions are not defined in your Object class:

Object.ConvertDegreeFloatToRotAxis()
    Object.ToLinearColor()

Please double-check that you've overwritten all of the files in "Development\Src\Core\Classes" with the ones included in the dungeon_defense_source.zip. And just to be safe, I'd recommend deleting all of the .U files in your "UTGame\Script" folder, which will force a full recompile (though that shouldn't explicitly be necessary... the compiler should in theory pick up on the changed script files automatically).

I just tested this out on my end on a fresh UDK install, and it seems to work fine for me (didn't need to force a full script recompile either, but doesn't hurt to ensure that, it may be system-date related).

Let me know if that helps

-Jer

Thanks again, It wok
    1._ I extract the dungeon_defense_source.zip over a CLEAN JAN QA UDK installation, & overwrite all files
    2.- I have Development\Src\UDKGame\Classes\main.uc
    3.- I deleted all "UTGame\Config\UT*.ini" files
    4.- I deleted all "UTGame\Script\*.u files

Thanks
    Last edited by urao; 02-05-2010 at 06:31 AM. Reason: [Solved]

MSgt. Shooter Person

Lightbulb

Ok cool, so it seems there may a problem auto-recompiling the UT "user" INI files if they already exist (I believe the UDK installer may well generate some of them at the end of the install process). Possibly the same problem exists with auto-recompiling the Script packages.

Then the solution, in case anyone else gets this problem compiling the source, is just to delete your "UTGame\Config\UT*.ini" files and "UTGame\Script\*.u" ...

Most likely has to do with dates not matching up to see if the DunDef source files were "modfied" more recently than the original UDK compiled versions (either that, or Vista/Win7 admin permissions ).

Thanks for the feedback urao,
    Jer

hi, i wanted to know if you can write for us unrealscript tutorials.that would be great.
    (i know the language so dont make tutorials like"conditionals").
    i want something like how to play an animation.
    Last edited by ilu2912; 02-16-2010 at 10:51 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyStieglitz View Post
    First, did you extract it over a CLEAN JAN QA UDK installation, & overwrite all files as it requested?
    Could you explain a little more about the installation process? What is CLEAN JAN QA UDK? Where can I find the steps for the installation?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey Subfire,

1. First, download and install the January UDK ( http://www.udk.com/download.html ) to a fresh directory (i.e. don't install it "over" a previous UDK installation).

2. Then download the DunDef source ZIP (which also includes all the content for running the game) from this post's link: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=717566

3. Next, extract the files from the DunDef source ZIP into your UDK installation's directory, overwriting any changed files.

Finally, two last steps to be safe (these may not be necessary for everyone, but urao reports above they were for him):

5. Go into your "UDKInstallationDirectory\UTGame\Script" and delete all the "*.U" files in there.

6. Also go into your "UDKInstallationDirectory\UTGame\Config" and delete all the "UT*.ini" files in there.

7. Then you should be good to launch the game or editor, by launching UDK.exe as normal (upon first startup, it'll ask to "recompile scripts", click "Yes", and then run again).

Let me know if that gives ya any trouble!

-Jeremy

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately it crashes upon compilation. The messages are:

Warning, Failed to load 'Class UTEditor.UTEditorEngine':Failed to find object'Class UTEditor.UTEditorEngine'
    Warning, Failed to find object 'Class UTEditor.UTEditorEngine'

I did all the steps you said, including the deletion of the .U and .ini files.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Gotcha. It appears that's because the link I posted unfortunately links to the February UDK, it's simply misnamed. I'll ask Epic to fix.

In the meantime, here's the direct link to download the January UDK:
    http://download.udk.com/UDKInstall-2010-01-BETA.exe

Please do an install to a clean directory of that, and continue on from Step #2 one more time. Then it should work

Thanks and if that still gives ya trouble, let me know,
    Jeremy

MSgt. Shooter Person

The source code only works with January Beta? .
    Sorry for my inglish, it SUCKS .

Veteran

Yes, it only works with January - there are several changes made to the base classes.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default UDK not responding

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyStieglitz View Post
    Hey Subfire,

1. First, download and install the January UDK ( http://www.udk.com/download.html ) to a fresh directory (i.e. don't install it "over" a previous UDK installation).

2. Then download the DunDef source ZIP (which also includes all the content for running the game) from this post's link: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=717566

3. Next, extract the files from the DunDef source ZIP into your UDK installation's directory, overwriting any changed files.

Finally, two last steps to be safe (these may not be necessary for everyone, but urao reports above they were for him):

5. Go into your "UDKInstallationDirectory\UTGame\Script" and delete all the "*.U" files in there.

6. Also go into your "UDKInstallationDirectory\UTGame\Config" and delete all the "UT*.ini" files in there.

7. Then you should be good to launch the game or editor, by launching UDK.exe as normal (upon first startup, it'll ask to "recompile scripts", click "Yes", and then run again).

Let me know if that gives ya any trouble!

-Jeremy
    I use Win 7, and I had done above guide. But when I launched UDK.exe, UDK not responding. My version 01-2010.

Default My error

Hi
    My Error was

0011.80} Error, Superclass UIobject of class UIButton not found ?

I used the link to the UDK-2011-01\Binaries\win64 *the second on you posted

I just followed the steps. I saw no config file in the dir for where you asked to delete that stuff also?