MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Windows 7 and Latest Nvidia Drivers for GTS8800

I am thinking about upgrading to windows 7 (32 bit) and then getting the latest drivers for the GTS8800 card I have.

Currently run win vista and drivers about 6 months old with no issues.

I am not looking to troubleshoot anything, just asking if others are running UT3 on Win7 yet and with Nvidia cards with no issues and if they recommend it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fijut

running fine with 64bit, 8800gt

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PC: |)3tox

Same as the guy above (64 bit,, 8800 gt) and I'm guessing the framerates between Vista and 7 aren't going to be a lot different(60+ with my setup, though I was getting 90ish in XP, not uncapped). You'll be fine.

The Sacrifice

I have been running Win 7 rc and UT3 for about a year. I have no problems at all. I use a top of the line ati x1600 pro and I have no issues. As a matter of fact Ati just released updated drivers for my card in November I think. I was running off the generic drivers from Win 7 and it still ran good. The only thing that screws me up is the sandstorm in sandstorm and the audio bug. fogvolumes=false!

I am not sure about nvidea but I would highly suggest Windows 7.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic_Cannon View Post
    I am thinking about upgrading to windows 7 (32 bit) and then getting the latest drivers for the GTS8800 card I have.

Currently run win vista and drivers about 6 months old with no issues.

I am not looking to troubleshoot anything, just asking if others are running UT3 on Win7 yet and with Nvidia cards with no issues and if they recommend it.
    8800GTS 640MB on 64-bit Win7 for about a week now and no problems with UT3. It's hard to make a recommendation after a few days but I'm happy with the upgrade thus far.
    .eXe NA warfare team : http://ut3-exe.omgforum.net/

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by d3tox View Post
    Same as the guy above (64 bit,, 8800 gt) and I'm guessing the framerates between Vista and 7 aren't going to be a lot different(60+ with my setup, though I was getting 90ish in XP, not uncapped). You'll be fine.
    90 ish??? how do you hit that?

I think mine is around the 60 mark most times.

I have an XFX 8800 GTS 512 card. I am guessing an ini tweak? Oh wait, GT, not GTS.... but still.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PC: |)3tox

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic_Cannon View Post
    90 ish??? how do you hit that?

I think mine is around the 60 mark most times.

I have an XFX 8800 GTS 512 card. I am guessing an ini tweak? Oh wait, GT, not GTS.... but still.
    No special tweaks, though I do use CRT, not LCD... (That was of course, XP)
    Last edited by d3tox; 01-04-2010 at 06:03 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HaTaX 360

Been running UT3 in quite a few different versions of Windows, XP, XP 64 Bit, Vista 64 Bit Ult, Win 7 64 Bit RC, and Win 7 64 Bit RTM.

Ran UT3 the most in my Win 7 64 Bit OSes and it has performed just fine. I've had a few system stability issues, but I think that's related more to Creative's crappy drivers or my memory having a few issues. For the most part it runs just fine in Windows 7 64 bit, I'd expect 32 bit to be the same.

For the record I'm using the drivers provided over Windows update which are the 191.07 drivers. They seem to work fine and I'd expect no big gains in the games I play with my 8800GT (OCed via modded bios @ 713mhz Core, and 972/1944mhz Memory). I run at med - high settings at 1920x1200 and I stay above 65fps all the time, normally closer to 100fps for 90% of gameplay.