Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Redeemer

Just played it. Amazing jump over Beta 1. This is sooo close to being a perfect Malev! I know you are probably already onto most of this stuff but here goes:

Here's some of my notes:
    1) The ships going over are cool but they are too loud, not random and too short of an interval. They are a bit distracting at the moment.
    2) Skydome mesh centerpoint is visible when looking up in certain positions.
    3) Would be nice to have moving clouds.
    4) I'm still hanging up on curved wall near Rocket Launcher. I'm sure you will put blocking vols in there and around the door like you did elsewhere.
    5) Did the original have the amp or the gold belt by the elevator? Thought it was an amp.
    6) Water area needs to be darker and danker looking. Also maybe some drains and dirt/moss underneath water.
    7) Mentioned before but those dark color bricks are really low res!
    8) Floor material below gold belt has alignment probs
    9) Elevator mesh is really dark. Light Environment may fix that?
    10) Since you have dust cones elsewhere, maybe dust cones on the floor lights near the water valve in the flak cannon room.

Thanks for all of your hard work!!!!!

Boomshot

yup...this map is so true;as immersive as ut99 itself

music sounds & textures are nice;especially the wood boards one

my only complaint is the collision with thoses vertical "trims" it slow and break the gameflow and as mentionned before the briks seem low textured if u paste ur noze on walls

thx for that top notch map...will install on our server as soon as final
    Last edited by Bl!tz~; 12-22-2009 at 06:15 AM.
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person

Here's some of my notes:

Quote Originally Posted by M^vL View Post
    1) The ships going over are cool but they are too loud, not random and too short of an interval. They are a bit distracting at the moment.
    Too loud? Wow I must be deaf. I could hardly hear them in testing. Yes right now they come every 10 seconds or so for testing. they will pass every couple of minutes on final

2) Skydome mesh centerpoint is visible when looking up in certain positions.
    Because I changed the Sun's source "position" I also need to change the Skydome.

3) Would be nice to have moving clouds.
    Will see what I can do.

4) I'm still hanging up on curved wall near Rocket Launcher. I'm sure you will put blocking vols in there and around the door like you did elsewhere.
    Which side as you face the windows? left or right. There is a blocking volume there. at least on the left side anyway. There is not one on the right yet.

5) Did the original have the amp or the gold belt by the elevator? Thought it was an amp.
    The original had the AMP but so few people in 1v1s use it. So I thought to use the shield belt would make that room more active

6) Water area needs to be darker and danker looking. Also maybe some drains and dirt/moss underneath water.
    Yeah that water tunnel has been my bane. If you recall there are two lights under the water too. Am going to get everthing else done before I tackle that again.

7) Mentioned before but those dark color bricks are really low res!
    The green ones on the in the water and in the flak room?

8) Floor material below gold belt has alignment probs
    Will peek at that one.

9) Elevator mesh is really dark. Light Environment may fix that?
    I believe it is unlit. but there are a couple of things I need to do with the elevator anyways so I'll fix that with them.

10) Since you have dust cones elsewhere, maybe dust cones on the floor lights near the water valve in the flak cannon room.
    I was wondering which ones you meant but yes of course. They actually need new lighting anyway. Along with ALL of the orange lights. I've found a new way to do lighting and it kind of works (as seen by the blue wall lighting and the florescent ceiling lights).

Thanks for the list will get on that. If I get to it quick enough, I may have a beta 3 out before the final. Am expecting release for Christmas Eve.

"See ya starside"
    Blog | UCMP | HOLP & HOLP| Wheelman

Boomshot

AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
    my only complaint is the collision with thoses vertical "trims" it slow and break the gameflow
    really? will add a blocking volume around them

as mentionned before the briks seem low textured if u paste ur noze on walls
    Are you referring to the green walls? it is the original texture from Malevolence itself.

thx for that top notch map...will install on our server as soon as final
    Thanks for that :P

I assume that is the green wall texture you refer to it.

Here's the new version of the flak room. What do you guys think? New Higher detailed wall.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

"See ya starside"

Boomshot

yeah i was refering to the green wall texture but if it s imported from the old version it s not a surprise...i had same problems while trying to import ut99 textures...sad because quite all ut99 textures are nice.....from far

ur last pict looks good but as we cant get close to the wall we cant really tell...lol...the green wall was superb....but from far only

MSgt. Shooter Person

Am trying to decide which light is the best. Any that particularly jumps out?
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

"See ya starside"

Boomshot

pic 4 is good
    but pic 2 is good too
    UT3DOM 5.0 IS OUT http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/news.php
    PATCH 2.0 [/url] malcolm is back in ut3
    RANKIN is BACK in ut3
    AT LAST UT3 PS3 NOW HAVE COSTUM SOUND SWEET
    ps3 players all go too this site http://www.iamgaming.com/
    its the best ps3 comunaty for ut3 at ps3

MSgt. Shooter Person

Pic 4 is the way the map is currently. It's the closest resemblance to the original too however I want the lighting to feel "real"

"See ya starside"

God King

I didn't had the time to play beta 0.5 but from the last posted pics since I see 2 lines (3 pics on the first line & 2 on the other one), what I like so far :

First line = third pic
    Second line = second pic

On those pics, the mesh stand out more & there is more contrast. My screen is in 1680*1050 so it may be pics # 3 & 5 if all of them are on the same line.

Redeemer

Hey BB, we had fun playing this on the server tonight. Interesting that the ships flying over don't work online. I've had this problem many times and have found that if for certain animated events, if they are not driven by a matinee, it won't work online. I didn't check out your Kismet. I had to redo months of work on the Hangar because of that. Map played great tho!

In terms of getting hung up on the wall behind the rocket launcher, just slide along the wall on the right side (facing the windows) and right before the wall curves, there must a tiny bit of an BSP edge there.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Interesting that the ships flying over don't work online. I've had this problem many times and have found that if for certain animated events, if they are not driven by a matinee, it won't work online. I didn't check out your Kismet. I had to redo months of work on the Hangar because of that. Map played great tho!
    The reason the ships don't play online is because it is configured not to run when running off a dedicated server. It is configured that way so the server can focus on things that matter EG: gameplay.

That was done intentionally If you want it to happen online it is an easy change.

In terms of getting hung up on the wall behind the rocket launcher, just slide along the wall on the right side (facing the windows) and right before the wall curves, there must a tiny bit of an BSP edge there.
    Yeah thats what I thought. The right side didn't have the blocking volume on it in beta2. It does now though

"See ya starside"

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Barballs View Post
    The reason the ships don't play online is because it is configured not to run when running off a dedicated server. It is configured that way so the server can focus on things that matter EG: gameplay.

That was done intentionally If you want it to happen online it is an easy change.
    Okay, you're way ahead of me!

God King

I finally played beta 2 (0.5 version)

Things I notice against 5 bots :

- It seem to be to much action near the bio / stinger. Bots do cover all the map but this sector is where 80% the action take place. I found there is to much stuff on that sector. I didn't look at the map in the editor but maybe there is more playerstart in that part of the map ? It just that the map seem to be crowded there & it affect the gameplay badly.

- The material on the rocket launcher ceiling don't fit imo. Those tiles are seen on floors on every maps so the fact that I see them above my head is rather odd...

- The spaceship sequence is cool but they pass to often & they make to much noise. It's cool the first time but it get repetitive after a while.

- As other point out, the brick wall material is very low detailed. It doesn't make the map justice.

So, there is nothing really new about my comments. Hope it help.

Keep up the good work

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    I finally played beta 2 (0.5 version)

Things I notice against 5 bots :

- It seem to be to much action near the bio / stinger. Bots do cover all the map but this sector is where 80% the action take place. I found there is to much stuff on that sector. I didn't look at the map in the editor but maybe there is more playerstart in that part of the map ? It just that the map seem to be crowded there & it affect the gameplay badly.
    heh I just got done playtesting it myself and noticed the same problem. I'll have to make the other items on the map feel more juicy to the bots so that they go elsewhere. I have noticed that the bots seem to ignore the elevator even though it works fine. I don't get it. Will have to look into the pathing.

- The material on the rocket launcher ceiling don't fit imo. Those tiles are seen on floors on every maps so the fact that I see them above my head is rather odd...
    That is a mesh that is in the ceiling above is an actual ceiling mesh! :P Personally I haven't seen it in any other maps on the floors. But then again I've not played them all I chose that mesh because it is the closest mesh/material I could find that matched what was in the original.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

- The spaceship sequence is cool but they pass to often & they make to much noise. It's cool the first time but it get repetitive after a while.

- As other point out, the brick wall material is very low detailed. It doesn't make the map justice.
    Wall has been fixed. and spaceships will come every minute or so.

The plan

Upload Release Candidate 1/Beta 3 Tomorrow for Christmas to catch any last issues and make final after that.

Hope thats alright with everyone

Changes made thus far:
    • New higher res green wall texture
    • The preview picture included
    • fixed floor material below shieldbelt
    • Elevator lighting fixed
    • Elevator pathing fixed
    • New Supports for wood platforms
    • Blocking volumes on curved walls by Rocket Launcher
    Last edited by Barballs; 12-24-2009 at 02:45 AM.

"See ya starside"

God King

...That is a mesh that is in the ceiling above is an actual ceiling mesh! :P Personally I haven't seen it in any other maps on the floors. But then again I've not played them all I chose that mesh because it is the closest mesh/material I could find that matched what was in the original...
    Just to mention that I was referring to the material on the ceiling, not the mesh Specifically those square tiles, not the beam.

The plan list look good dude

I don't think I'll have the time to play the last release before Christmas but I'll try.

Redeemer

Darn I will be away from my puter the next couple of days. It's lookin good though so I'm not too worried.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Just to mention that I was referring to the material on the ceiling, not the mesh Specifically those square tiles, not the beam.
    hehe I know.

Those square tiles are meshes. and they are meant as ceiling tiles. (S_HU_Building_SM_TypeC_bottomrow_Ceilingtile)

"See ya starside"

God King

There must be something wrong because if I compare the ceiling with your last pic in your first post it's not the same & I'm sure to had downloaded b2 & overwrite the old files.

I'll redownload just to be sure, it may be just that.

BTW, your readme is all messed up. Look like you made a html file & save it in TXT format ???

EDIT

Yep, I don't know how I've done that but it was B1 & not B2.

Great improvements. So you can forget the tiles on the ceiling comments. Still, the rest of my comments didn't change.

Keep up the great work dude
    Last edited by stevelois; 12-24-2009 at 03:54 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Merry Christmas All

Beta 3 (RC1) is out now!

Changelist:
    • Corrected low res green bricks
    • Added preview picture
    • Fixed Floor material below gold belt alignment probs
    • Lit elevator Mesh
    • Added dust cones on the floor lights valve in the flak cannon room.
    • Corrected elevator for bots
    • Changed support under wooden platforms.
    • Changed door meshes in map to LOW_Detail to ensure visibility
    • Corrected accidental static mesh off position
    • Added blocking volume in bio tunnel for lights
    • Added blocking volumes on curved walls
    • Altered pathing to make bots navigate more of the map.
    • Added blocking volume to curve on wall under link platform.
    • Added 60 second delay for ship fly-by.

Still TODO:
    • Pretty the water tunnel and remove placeholder lighting
    • Clear up sky dome
    • add ambient sounds
    • Top secret item one (in water tunnel area)
    • Top secret item two (vest area)

"See ya starside"

MSgt. Shooter Person

Awesome, Looks like I checked the forum just at the right time!

Downloading RC1 as I'm typing this...

WolfyBrandon

MSgt. Shooter Person

Indeed! Oh, you will notice that the blocking volume has been removed near the vest. I was testing that cheeky area you mentioned. I have a plan. If there's time I may just do a little something special

"See ya starside"

God King

Default Rc1

Great update !

A part the todo list, only thing I notice is that you have a texture misalignment (the surface between the ceiling & the wall) in the Enforcer corridor.

The rest is fine with me & with the todo list completed, this baby is going straight in my top picks

THX for the Enforcer credits (betatest is missing lol)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great update !
    Glad you like

you have a texture misalignment (the surface between the ceiling & the wall) in the Enforcer corridor.
    That will indeed be covered in part of the water tunnel that while area is being taken care of.

this baby is going straight in my top picks
    Why thank you

THX for the Enforcer credits (betatest is missing lol)
    Corrected

"See ya starside"

Prisoner 849

Nice work I'll try out the beta three as I missed the second one.
    Intel Quad Core i7 860 2.80-3.20Ghz, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3, 8GB 1333 DDR3 Zeppelin Ram, Navida GTX 460 1GB, Windows 7 64.

Deinonychus the Raptor

Redeemer

Played some more tonight. It is playing really well now. Here's a couple more things I noticed.

1) On the archway entry to the water tunnel on the shock rifle side, the texture on the highest part of the arch is rotated 90 degrees from the other textures.
    2) This one has been building on me the more I play it and it did pop into my head the first time I played it: The predominant metal floor texture (cross-hatch) seems scaled too large to be honest. It makes me feel like I'm closer to the ground. It's not a massive problem if you don't want to change it.

Can't wait to put the final on my server. It's gonna get heavy rotation I'm sure!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Got a bit more done today.

Upcoming RC2 Changelist to date:
    • Added blocking volumes to all concave brushes where players frequently collide.
    • Scaled thread plate material to 0.5 to make character feel further off the ground.

"See ya starside"

Redeemer

Got a bit more done today.

• Added blocking volumes to all concave brushes where players frequently collide.
    • Scaled thread plate material to 0.5 to make character feel further off the ground.
    Great! Those will be excellent changes.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I've been a busy boy Some screens coming tomorrow!

"See ya starside"

Redeemer

I've been a busy boy Some screens coming tomorrow!

(10 chars)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Happy New Years!

Screens as promised! Happy New Years Folks! I'm Off to celebrate and don't plan to be too productive tomorrow! So, these will have to suffice for another day or so

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

• Added SM Wooden planks to on rap to water tunnel
    • Added SM pipes details under the previously mentioned planks.(Broken pipe to act as water source)
    • Corrected Mis-aligned textures in Water Tunnel
    • Added underfoot lighting for water tunnel
    • Messed about with UT Billboard (just coz)

Left To Do:
    • Add Decals to water tunnel
    • Add SM Drains to water Tunnel
    • Change skydome
    • Add water emitter to broken pipe
    • Add ambient sounds
    • NICETOHAVE: Add Cheaky Shock area
    • NICETOHAVE: Moving clouds in Skybox

"See ya starside"

Boomshot

nice "waterlighting"

all the best for 2010

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default RC 2 out Now!

I'm pretty confident this will be the last beta. All of the remaining changes that I notice are cosmetic so barring any additional issues I'm confident the next release will be final

As Always I look forward to your feedback!

RC2 Changelist:
    • Added SM Wooden planks to on rap to water tunnel
    • Added SM pipes details under the previously mentioned planks.(Broken pipe to act as water source)
    • Corrected Misaligned textures in Water Tunnel
    • Added underfoot lighting for water tunnel
    • Messed about with UT Billboard (just coz)
    • Added ambient sounds
    • Corrected BSP surfaces to allow Decals to work
    • Added Water emitters
    • Rearranged Tunnel Geometry
    • Added player triggered sounds
    • Added SM Drains to water Tunnel

Left To Do:
    • NICETOHAVE: Add Cheaky Shock area
    • NICETOHAVE: Moving clouds in Skybox

Download: DM-Malevolence-rc2.zip
    Last edited by Barballs; 01-04-2010 at 10:56 PM.

"See ya starside"

MSgt. Shooter Person

Just gave RC2 a run, sent you a PM with my feedback on it & some issues I've found with it.

The water tunnel looks and sounds a lot better now

Wolfy

Redeemer

Hey BB, for some reason I'm getting an error attempting to decompress the .ut3 file on RC2. Anyone else have this problem?

MSgt. Shooter Person

That's an odd error. I've just downloaded it. Extracted fine for me. Maybe the download got interrupted?

"See ya starside"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast