Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Help!

ok, so i downloaded and installed UDK. and everything is there except the Unreal Development Kit. i found something in there that said UDK so i clicked on it and it only opened Unreal Tournament. however, when i first installed it, it automatically opens, and so i know the file must be there somewhere. any solutions?

MSgt. Shooter Person

The entire UDK is located in your C:\ Drive there you should see the folder entitled UDK-date. If it’s there the UDK was installed successfully. By default the UDK comes with a copy of the UT demo which is a starting place to learn how to use the UDK. Now to open the editor click start - program files - udk - udk editor. This will start up the editor.
    Programming is a way of life.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm at the end of the level step when i Play the map , i have just a camera without any model instead of a 3rd person camera which follow a model

EDIT : the new version of the UDK makes you begin in the editor with a camera ...
    Last edited by Azzedinistan; 11-16-2009 at 09:46 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Here is the video version of this tutorial as i promised.

http://dl.deathtouchstudios.com/vide...encesTutorial/

MSgt. Shooter Person

thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by wildicv View Post
    Here is the video version of this tutorial as i promised.

http://dl.deathtouchstudios.com/vide...encesTutorial/
    You are awesome, sir. Thank you. Going to watch this.

Iron Guard

this is really cool ! thanks you

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great help!

Iron Guard

just want to say I having trouble playing the low rez version. Downloading the Hi rez one.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Im going to have to reupload the low rez version.

Iron Guard

in fact I think the format version is maybe the problem. the hi rez version works better but you can scroll the video back or forward if you miss something. Maybe I need a proper codec for this.

Look like the hi-res version isn't complete. Finish by "ok it seems that...[cut]" at 29:24. Work really bad with kmplayer and vlc. GOMPlayer handle that ok.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I was having issues with the ftp client i was using. You can try the youtube versions of these videos. Im going to have to reup this tutorial hi and low res versions.

Quote Originally Posted by hide View Post
    Screen1
    Screen2
    Not working. Should i mention i called "MyGame" as "MyMod" ? Everything else is as said in the tutorial (for what i managed to do right).
    So i'm still working on my issue. When i click on the button it does nothing.
    I checked everything once more with the video-tutorial and... no... That button won't work.
    Worldinfo is set to mygame info.
    UI :

UI Kismet :

EDIT :
    And the forgotten image (sorry i had overwritten the screen with another and forgot about it)

How can it not work, everything looks good to me ?
    Last edited by hide; 11-17-2009 at 06:59 AM. Reason: console command

MSgt. Shooter Person

You do have the console command right.
    Tutorials/Textures/Jobs/Kismet Snippets - http://www.Hourences.com
    The Ball - An Action/Puzzle Game http://www.theballthegame.com/

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm also new to the UDK, and I'm trying to get the most possible help I can get.
    will this tutorial help me as basics start?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks Hourences, great stuff.

On my work PC it crashes during the cooking phase:

[COMMANDLET 'UDK.exe CookPackages -platform=PC MG-ExampleGameLevel -noloccooking' FAILED] November 17, 12:38 PM

But that might be because my work computer crashes a lot randomly while using UDK. I'll try it at home tonight and see how it goes, but in the meantime can you tell me what the filesize of the end package is? ie, does it only contain the resources that you used for that particular level?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I reuploaded them hope they work

The Hi-res file (76m) is smaller than the Small-res (91m), that's strange (as wmv).

Ok, then the new small-res file finish pactically at the same point of the old hi-res one (around 20min).
    The new hi-res last only 9min.
    :/

MSgt. Shooter Person

Indeed. I have download the videos for 3 times and always incomplete.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I finished and ran it, but there is only a splash screen and right on I start playing the map?

shouldn't a menu come out?
    Last edited by salolito42; 11-17-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks man, was just about to do this process and it's nice to have a guide. I'm hoping to keep my own work somewhat documented so I can help other people out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by salolito42 View Post
    shouldn't a menu come out?
    Did you make a menu and use it as the first level?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: K0par

From the screenshots, it looks like you have the actions called "OpenYouLevel" in the UI Kismet editor and "OpenYourLevel" in the level's Kismet sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by hide View Post
    So i'm still working on my issue. When i click on the button it does nothing.
    I checked everything once more with the video-tutorial and... no... That button won't work.
    Worldinfo is set to mygame info.
    UI :

UI Kismet :

EDIT :
    And the forgotten image (sorry i had overwritten the screen with another and forgot about it)

How can it not work, everything looks good to me ?

Really cool Stuff!!! Love your Ball game, very original! Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Shannon View Post
    From the screenshots, it looks like you have the actions called "OpenYouLevel" in the UI Kismet editor and "OpenYourLevel" in the level's Kismet sequence.
    How strange, it now work...
    Thank you, a lot. I believe unreal scripting is gonna be a really tough experience without debugger if I can't see that.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great tutorial, really.

I'm a noob and I've discovered many things with this tutorial. To have a third person view, for example, you must extend classes for Unreal tournaments because parents don't know what 'third person' is...

Anyway, I tried many things and found few things in the class MyPawn:
    Code:
    	Begin Object Name=WPawnSkeletalMeshComponent
    		bOwnerNoSee=false
    	End Object
    What do these lines mean? When I delete them, nothing seems to change in the preview screen.
    In this class there's also a little issue: When the camera is right above the head of the pawn, the camera has a weird behavior. I deleted this line:
    Code:
    out_CamRot = Rotator(Location - out_CamLoc);
    and again, nothing is changing, and the bug vanishes.
    The main issue with your code, is that the camera can go 'inside' a wall, so we can see what going on inside... (it's black )

But the class UTPlayerController has 2 interesting methods: SetBehindView(boolean) that you use, and an another one, SetCameraMode(String), with String can be 'None', 'ThirdPerson' and 'FreeCam'. If you use one of these methods, and delete all content in the class 'MyPawn', the result is very good: No camera inside wall. The problem is that the camera is far away from the pawn, and I was unable to have a closer camera. I'll try again tomorrow, today I'm fed up.
    If someone has a solution (change a variable? use a function?), please don't hesitate.

I'll finish this great tutorial tomorrow!
    And next, I'll try to have a pawn that can climb like Lara Croft. I think that I have work to do for this...

Teto.

Palace Guard

I wrote the code, anyways, to stress again, the tutorial is not specifically about the third person camera. It was designed to show how the PlayerController, Pawn and GameInfo interact with each other. I quickly added this third person camera code to simply illustrate that your game info, player controller and pawn classes were being used.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Understood.
    And I've found other ways to make a third person view (other topics here) so I'll test them also.
    Thanks anyway.

Teto.

Hi !
    i just Finished the tutorial (i use a little UT3 editor before)

all seems work fine, i'v got my installer. but when i install it and lauche Mygame, there is the Basic LAuche screen (with the woman and her canon on the left) i can chose instant action, multiplayer... on the right.

if i chose instant action there is "Deatmach, team deathmatch, vehicule ctf". i select Any, and there is nothing, i can just return to the main menu :/

what should i do ?
    Rati

really nice tutorial, this plus the nfringe visual studio tutorial got me up and running with a general idea of how to organise my stuff and work with UDK (some prior experience with unrealEd).

MSgt. Shooter Person

Great tutorial

Is there a way for a non programmer to make it a typical 1st person view without trying to intensionally breaking it?
    3rd person just does not work for a deathmatch.

Palace Guard

Remove the camera code within MyPawn.uc.

First off, thank you for your tutorials! I am however having an issue with this one...

EDIT: Solved my own problem, I was typing "player" in as the variable instead of placing a variable "Player".
    Last edited by Metal3d; 11-24-2009 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Solved own problem

Thanks a lot for this awesome tut ! Works almost perfectly for me (just a little bug, but i did this tut a bit quick, so it's no big deal)

Good luck with the after-sales service

I have created a tutorial on my portal based on yours.

I have changed many incorrect thinks and use my screenshots in all parts of tutorial.

I have detailed all things too, explain all things.

You can see here and post your comment:

http://www.devgames.com.br/tutoriais...uindo-seu-jogo

Banned

You copied him, giving no credits at all. You just roughly translated his tutorial, without any permission, to your own language. And you still have the guts to ask for donations in your page for something you did no create.

I forgot the link, sorry. I will put that.

Im not translate. Im make the game and write with my words, and my images.

the site seems to be down Anyone know of an english mirror of that tutorial?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast