Default Cannot Uninstall UDK

I installed UDK a few days ago, but after looking around in it, I'm not all too interested in using it. I tried to uninstall via Control Panel Add/Remove Programs but the uninstaller crashes instantly:

There is also an indepth breakdown of the error report, but I cannot copy/paste it.

I suspect the error is a result of my installation. The UDK installed fine, but I installed it to my larger hard drive on one of its 4 partitions. I installed to H:/ rather than C:/ since I don't put anything on my C:/ drive other than the OS itself.

I have tried rerunning the downloaded setup package, but it has no knowledge of a current installation and continues to operate as if I wish to install. Additionally, I went to where I installed the UDK and found UnSetup.exe, so I ran it with the /Uninstall argument, but it yields the same results as going to the Control Panel Add/Remove programs.

I run Windows XP SP3, two hard drives, one with 160 GB and the other 1 TB. 160 GB hard drive is partitioned C: through F: and the 1 TB hard drive is partitioned G:, H:, and J: (I: used to exist until I decided to use that as a Ubuntu partition a few weeks ago).

Super Moderator

You can delete the install folder, then when you try from ARP, it will say it can't find and you can delete it.

The UDK install is very self contained; just the install folder and ARP entry (third party redists notwithstanding)

Cheers
    John

Hello,
    Kind of following up on this ... I wanted to ask - is it best to uninstall old builds before installing newer ones? Or can we do an "upgrade install" over a previous install?
    Thanks.

Super Moderator

New builds can be installed in parallel - I'd leave the old one installed until you've moved over all your content.

Cheers
    John