Default Can't open the map in Editor

Hello,

I've tried to open "Level01.udk" in UDK Editor several times, but it always fails and crashes the Editor. It seems that it's a matter of paths, as it tries to open some files located in "c:\depot\UnrealEngine3\..." that don't exist in my pc. So I need to know if this is a common mistake and if I can override this issue somehow.

Thank you!

Maybe you need to ReInstall it.

I did but I keep receiving the very same error.

If it helps, this is the Log result:

Cmd: MAP LOAD FILE="C:\UDK\Whizzle\UTGame\CookedPC\Maps\Aqua\Lev el01.udk"
    Log: Encountered missing default brush - spawning new one
    Warning: Failed to load 'Class AquaGame.AquaPickupable': Failed to find object 'Class AquaGame.AquaPickupable'
    Log: Failed to load forceexport object Class Level01.AquaGame.AquaPickupable from original package
    Warning: Failed to load 'Class AquaGame.AquaPickupable': Failed to find object 'Class AquaGame.AquaPickupable'
    Log: Failed to load forceexport object Class Level01.AquaGame.AquaPickupable from original package
    Critical: appError called: Assertion failed: ObjectClass [File:c:\depot\UnrealEngine3\Development\Src\Core\S rc\UnObj.cpp] [Line: 6521]

Stack: Address = 0x0 (filename not found)

Critical: Windows GetLastError: El parĂ¡metro no es correcto. (87)
    Log: === Critical error: ===
    Assertion failed: ObjectClass [File:c:\depot\UnrealEngine3\Development\Src\Core\S rc\UnObj.cpp] [Line: 6521]

Stack: Address = 0x0 (filename not found)

Address = 0x7c812aeb (filename not found)
    Address = 0x7857df56 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x5d3041 (filename not found)
    Address = 0xe8785ad5 (filename not found)

Skaarj

I have the same problem. I'll let you know if I find a solution.

MSgt. Shooter Person

UDK crashes when I try to open Level01.udk for me as well.

Boomshot

It's not editable/viewable.

I also get resources and classes missing.
    There is also no script code shipped with it, i suppose is just as an unmodifiable game example. Is a shame though since it looked like a good enough starting example for people who want to get confortable with the UDK

Super Moderator

You cannot view the levels, packages, scripts, etc. from a game after it has been packaged.
    What Clucks At Midnight!

Well thats ok and understadndable, but this small demo was given as an example of how to use the UDK to make a game other than Unreal default games. Without the source and a way to load it into UnrealEd wont hit its harget too much.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Actually you can open all the Whizzle levels in editor. It will complains about some package missing, but still enough to learn how these levels constructed, and peek inside Kismet / Matinee sequences.

MSgt. Shooter Person

By the way, all Whizzle's script souce is viewable. Simple drop "AquaGame.u" into notepad, you'll see. Since it's not stripped, you can even use batchexport commandlet to export all scripts. But not sure whether it's author's intended purpose.
    And a total editable level is very useful for learning. Maybe the Psyonix guy will consider releasing one in the future?

How come, twoflyingpigs? which process did you follow? (At least)My editor always crashes trying to open that map

Psyonix Developer

We are working on packing up the source code as we speak. I'm not sure when it will actually be up, however. As soon as possible

Thank you very much Jerad!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBM View Post
    How come, twoflyingpigs? which process did you follow? (At least)My editor always crashes trying to open that map
    Drop AquaGame.u to UTGame\Script, and move all content from Whizzle\UTGame\Content to udk\UTGame\Content. Then open the level as usual. At lease that works for me.

It's great to hear about the source release. Thanks Jerad!

I don't get it. Can anyone explain if there is any way to open the project and get everything on the screen without errors?

Thanks

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default here a way is.

Quote Originally Posted by jlzuri View Post
    I don't get it. Can anyone explain if there is any way to open the project and get everything on the screen without errors?

Thanks
    I suggest you overwrite all of source files to UDK directory. don't unzip in other directory. it's only work when you setup in editor directory.

Red face

excuse me.
    i am a newbie .
    How can i install "Whizzle" ?

Can you offer me a link ?

thanks.

I was having a similar problem with missing resources while trying to open Level01. I was able to open the file after I downloaded and installed UDK 2009 November build. Overwrote file necessary and ran Unreal Frontend for a full Cook. I'm new to udk so I hope this helps anyone trying to learn from the source code.

Is a shame though since it looked like a good enough starting example for people who want to get confortable with the UDK Thanks!