Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dante89

Default Gears of War question to Epic

Want to ask if Epic are doing something to fix Gears1? I mean, are they planning to do some more updates for their first game?

The main issue are this:

Kung-fu glitch (starting to get real annoying)
    Leaderboard (Which not is accurate) its like every kill-achievement in Gears1 is bugged. And it has been this way since I bought the game in 2007. And if now the answer is that Epic aren't doing any updates at all on this game... don't anyone think that is a ''little'' odd??? I mean they have only made two Xbox 360 games; Gears of War and Gears of War 2. (and of course Shadow Complex, but that's arcade)

And well... it seems like Epic, if they now aren't doing any about the problems that still are in their first game. That they are dissing a lot of Gears-fans!

I mean early today it has already been 10. 000 people who have played Gears1 online. And at the end of each week its over 20. 000 people who have played the game. And it is that many every week who plays this game. So I can't understand why Epic isn't trying to give us who love the first game a good Gears-experience?

And on Gears of War, the leaderboards (Weekly) resets on sunday at 12.00 Am, don't know if that's the right term but its on the middle of the day they apparently resets the weekly score, players and etc.

So I am bringing this up because myself and some friends started thinking about this. I mean the thing that's really confusing is that Epic has only made two 360-games and well sure they have started working on the third but is that a reason to diss people who want to play Gears1 and not that laggy Gears2?

And I have only the ''Seriously...'' - Achievement left now. Right now I have 8114 kills on Warzone. But I fear that I won't get the achievement when I have 10. 000 kills.

So is there anyone who actually know if Epic are trying to update the first game some how?
    Last edited by Swedish Dante; 10-13-2009 at 12:08 PM.
    Brothers to the End

Gears of War - 1250/1250
    Gears of War 2 - 1750/1750

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxComaXxWhiteXx

I wish something could be applied to Gears 1 MP campaign that wouldnt make you quit if your partner quits, like it is in Gears 2.

Unreal Tournament 3 is a 360 title as well...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by XxComaXxWhiteXx View Post
    I wish something could be applied to Gears 1 MP campaign that wouldnt make you quit if your partner quits, like it is in Gears 2.

Unreal Tournament 3 is a 360 title as well...
    Yep, I realized that yesterday when I played and someone joined and then 10 minutes later... he quits and I have to start over ... again.

But about UT3, I don't see anyone playing that game and Gears, there its still people who are playing and more and more people who are getting sick of Gears2 are starting to play Gears1 instead.
    Brothers to the End

Gears of War - 1250/1250

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

As much as I would love an update for Gears 1, it won't happen. Epic has enough work to do to get Gears 2 working like it should. They're not going to spend time on an update for a game that is almost 3 years old.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Dante View Post
    Want to ask if Epic are doing something to fix Gears1? I mean, are they planning to do some more updates for their first game?

The main issue are this:

Kung-fu glitch (starting to get real annoying)
    Leaderboard (Which not is accurate) its like every kill-achievement in Gears1 is bugged. And it has been this way since I bought the game in 2007. And if now the answer is that Epic aren't doing any updates at all on this game... don't anyone think that is a ''little'' odd??? I mean they have only made two Xbox 360 games; Gears of War and Gears of War 2. (and of course Shadow Complex, but that's arcade)

And well... it seems like Epic, if they now aren't doing any about the problems that still are in their first game. That they are dissing a lot of Gears-fans!

I mean early today it has already been 10. 000 people who have played Gears1 online. And at the end of each week its over 20. 000 people who have played the game. And it is that many every week who plays this game. So I can't understand why Epic isn't trying to give us who love the first game a good Gears-experience?

And on Gears of War, the leaderboards (Weekly) resets on sunday at 12.00 Am, don't know if that's the right term but its on the middle of the day they apparently resets the weekly score, players and etc.

So I am bringing this up because myself and some friends started thinking about this. I mean the thing that's really confusing is that Epic has only made two 360-games and well sure they have started working on the third but is that a reason to diss people who want to play Gears1 and not that laggy Gears2?

And I have only the ''Seriously...'' - Achievement left now. Right now I have 8114 kills on Warzone. But I fear that I won't get the achievement when I have 10. 000 kills.

So is there anyone who actually know if Epic are trying to update the first game some how?
    Gears1 for pc? HHhhhmmmmm....

Most Game Developers don't bother updating games that are over 2 years old. Well probably Valve, but that's about it.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

yeah, and in my opinion valve is much better at it too. More game developers should care more about their games that they make. Right now Epic only focus on fixing weapons and stuff like that in gears2 and that's stuff I don't care about at all. If they wanna fix Gears2 then take away the mother*** PIIIIP*** matchmaking.

I played this morning but it was only one game of guardian. And you want to know why? Yeah, because it takes forever to connection to a match... Fix servers or just forget about the game as you did with Gears1.
    Brothers to the End

Gears of War - 1250/1250