TU5 has passed certification and we just heard that it goes live 5 AM Eastern or 2 AM Pacific on Monday, Oct 26th. Once TU5 has rolled out and fixed our security issue then the leaderboard cleanups will begin.
Here are the official release notes -
Gears of War 2 Title Update 5 Detailed Release Notes
The following fixes and improvements are included in Title Update 5.
Title Update 5 makes these new improvements:
- Adds the ability to view friendly-planted grenades in Tac/Com.
- Removes the cringe caused when a smoke grenade forces a player to drop a meatshield.
- Adds bonus points to the winning leader's score in the Guardian game mode if the leader successfully survives the winning round.
- Changes the postmatch Invite button to only invite former teammates, so a player can create parties more easily instead of trying to create a Private Match that includes both teams from the former match.
- Returns the roadie-run camera movements to the way they were in Gears of War 1 by decreasing the dampening values.
Title Update 5 fixes these possible exploits, where under certain circumstances:
Title Update 5 also fixes a number of other, lesser-known exploits.
- A player could modify the game's behavior due to a security vulnerability introduced in an earlier title update.
- A player could use a turbo controller to artificially maximize their rate of fire.
- A player could mantle a planted shield in competitive multiplayer to hide inside geometry or to travel outside of the map. The ability to mantle shields was removed in competitive multiplayer but remains in Horde and Campaign.
Title Update 5 fixes these other issues as well:
Title Update 5 also made additional small bug fixes.
- An issue that contributed to the "sticky walk" problem, where a player's avatar could stutter after the player picks up a weapon.
- An issue that could prevent players from hearing the "boom" telegraph from Boomers.
- An issue that could cause looping audio to continue playing after the player who triggered that sound is killed.
- An issue that could cause multiple names to be highlighted yellow on the scoreboard instead of the name of the player viewing the scoreboard.
- An issue that prevented the game from granting the earned experience points from the fiftieth wave of Horde.
- An issue that caused players at level 100 to see the "congratulations" message after every match.