Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Map Pack (PC/PS3) Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 4.2 [PS3 VOLUME 3&4 RELEASED!!!]

UPDATE:
    Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 3&4 for PS3 RELEASED!!! download!

The pack features 11 maps (4 DM, 5 DOM, 1 CTF, 1 WAR) and 2 pickups! It also includes the Domination gametype again (same as Volume 3).

These are not actually completely new if you've downloaded the previous version but we noticed a number of things that could make these maps even better than they already were in version 1!
    For example you will need those if you want to play on a server that uses the version 2 maps. You can not play on such a server if you're still using v1 maps. Please Note: ALL server admins should install this version - there were a number of exploits and bugs fixed on all maps.

So go grab'em and see for yourself!

Name: Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 4

Version: 2.0

Compatibility: UT3 for PC (PS3 users keep an eye out over the next couple of weeks for the PS3 versions of both Volumes 3 & 4!

Once again, we hope you enjoy the pack!)

Description: CBP3, or the third Community Bonus Pack, is a high-quality bonus pack for Unreal Tournament 3, with levels created by some of the best UT level designers from around the world. Since CBP1 for Unreal Tournament 2003, the CBP has been known for its professional-quality content that is considered an essential addition to any UT200X install. The team has returned for a third installment that will feature multiple volumes; the fourth volume has now been released.

The pack features 11 new maps (4 DM, 5 DOM, 1 CTF, 1 WAR) and 2 new pickups! It also includes the Domination gametype again (same as Volume 3). Please visit the CBP3 Website for more information.

We hope you have fun and enjoy!

Comments: CBP3 Forums

Screenshots:

Maps
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Credits:
    The CBP Team:

Leader & Compilation:
    Cory 'Spoondog' Spooner

Co-leader & Web Designer: IceCreamYou

Additional Promotion:
    Daniel 'KaMi' Díaz & Daniel 'Greenloves' Rožanski (promo pics)

Level Designers (vol 4):
    Ben 'evilmrfrank' Burkart
    Daniel 'Greenloves' Rožanski
    Daniel 'KaMi' Díaz
    Mario 'nELsOn' Marquardt
    Oliver 'Raz' G
    Cory 'Spoondog' Spooner

Pickups: Luke 'Ambershee' Parkes-Haskell

Domination: Brian 'Snake' Alexander
    (see UT3Dom website for full credits)

Music & Sounds: zYnthetic

Windows Installer: Haarg

Dedicated Testers (vol 4):
    bnavit
    G.Lecter
    Ignotium

Logo and 2D Assets: Plumb_Drumb

Other Members:
    Desp2/Rog
    DGUnreal
    Drummer
    Hourences
    iWaNN
    JohnnySix
    Kantham
    Legendary_Lee
    Luggage
    Monger
    MozI
    N3oDoc
    Nathillien
    Neoduck
    Noz
    Plutonic
    Saturnfive
    Setheran
    Sjosz
    Sklare
    Strogg
    Tynan
    VorLoN

...and the entire team at Epic for UT3!

Special Thanks:
    Epic Games for UT3

Homepage: http://cbp.beyondunreal.com

Download: http://cbp.beyondunreal.com/download
    Last edited by Daniel KaMi; 01-30-2010 at 09:43 AM.

My maps
    UT3 Maps:
    DM & CDOM-CBP3-Yarith
    DM-CBP3-Salvation MSUC 1st Place
    CTF-CBP3-Arean MSUC 2st and 5st Place
    DM-CBP3-solar, VCTF-CBP3-Artemisa MSUC 2st place

UT2004 Maps: DM-LastCrusader2k4, DM-Mako, DM-BP2-Calandras, DM-CBP2-Griffin.
    UT Maps: DM-Lastcrusader, DM-Lastcrusader][, DM-Lastcrusader]|[, DM-Nibelheim, CTF-Gataka, CTF-Vaultcity, CTF-Arean23, CTF-Siberian23, ect...ect...

Omg, there's so awsome UT3 being released in such a short period.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Congrats on final release guys excellent work
    Clans Website - http://www.clantoolz.com/brookdaleni...m/sitenews.asp

UT3 is the game to beat IMO

Boomshot

great work on the map thx for the dom map
    do is still my favo gametype
    UT3DOM 5.0 IS OUT http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/news.php
    PATCH 2.0 [/url] malcolm is back in ut3
    RANKIN is BACK in ut3
    AT LAST UT3 PS3 NOW HAVE COSTUM SOUND SWEET
    ps3 players all go too this site http://www.iamgaming.com/
    its the best ps3 comunaty for ut3 at ps3

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for making that mappack, it's realy awesome. There seems to be an bug on that ctf-map, you can walk through the closed gates and fall out of the map.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: McBrightside

I wouldn't have my bandwidth eaten up any other way.

Great job guys, we really appreciate these packs!

Boomshot

thx for that "solid" pack
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

Boomshot

finally it's out ,thx!!..............

Iron Guard

Wow... Terror_Force you are a machine...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Could Stronghold be converted to VCTF?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Theres no room for vehicles though O.o
    www.evilmrfrank.com
    -----------------------

Unhappy

No PS3 YET?!??! MUTHER OF @#$*@#*@&#$%ING PEARL!!!!!! I HATE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHWWWWWRRR!!!

JK! That were a joke!

Anyways, excited for the PS3 version (finally!!!) when it is available. There are two packs out now that we don't have :'(

Prisoner 849

Previews all look bloody good!!
    As always the quality looks tops!
    Finally got UT3 installed on my new rig lastnight...so tonight I'm locking up the wife n kids then fragfest here I come!

...might even hook my PC up to my 52" TV for some xtra CBP3 pleasure! [insert evil grin here]
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Redeemer

Thanks a ton for these you guys!! Awesome quality maps!

And Terror Force you are incredible with the mirrors and flybys!!

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
    so tonight I'm locking up the wife n kids then fragfest here I come!
    Can i send mine over to go with yours lol

Is there any plans by the cbp3 team for more of these awesome packs?
    This signature would self destruct but your anti-virus has already defused it.. :/
    Proudly part of Team Domination. UT3DOM v5.0 is out now! (Code Improvements + 4 missing maps return.)
    DM-Pentecost - DM-Beesting_SE - DM-Carnage Cathedral SE
    Join AussieUT3 clan today.

Quote Originally Posted by FragTastic View Post
    Is there any plans by the cbp3 team for more of these awesome packs?
    The news on BeyondUnreal.com stated there is a volume 5 in the works (some time in the future).

At the time of this posting, there may be an issue with the FileFront link, but the Atomic Gamers worked well for me. Now to my feedback...

Being a player and a mapper, I can appreciate both sides of the coin, though I can't say that I "understand" what it takes to make maps of this quality, so take my comments more from a player's stand point.

Overall, the map pack is great, when is it not?

CTF-Antediluvian: Not being a CTF player, I am sure I will enjoy this in Greed mode. Visually and design wise, the map rocks. A few places are a bit dark and a couple others seem to be rendinging a bunch, but that's the price of a lot of details?

DM/DOM-Halcyon: Cool "ruins" atmosphere, works well in both modes. My biggest "complaint' is the scaling, it seems more like a vehicle based map. Also, the plants are a bit big also and tend to block your view. There are some slanted meshes that lead to the top of the circular ones (vague description, I know), but you have to jump up the ledge. Not a big deal, just slows down the flow.

DM/DOM-Saip: Awesome viusals and design (reminds me of the move Popeye) . Layout was really good, especially considering the location. The only complaint I have and it's actually a complaint, is the music. As a player, I usually dislike/hate music playing in the background for many reasons. As a mapper, I always make it optional for those who do like it. That being said, music that can be heard anywhere in the map (at the same volume) is a "never should do" in my opinion. A "NoMusicEdition" would be great as this really is a awesome map.

DM/DOM-Stronghold: Another awesome map. This has great visuals (I don't see enough of these "old world" maps for UT 3) and the layout is great as well (it feels like a DM map). If I had to complain, it's a bit big, but then again, just up the bot/player count!

DM/DOM-Yarith: Another awesome map. A lot of details and a great atmosphere. The layout is good mix for a DM/DOm map. Some of the Kismet sequences "freaked me out" at first, but that's a good thing. Maybe it's just me, but there are enough places that seem to be a bit "big" (or scaled a bit much). Not a big deal though as there is enough to keep you attention on killing stuff and admiring the "lush surroundings".

DOM-Velocity: How freaking cool is this map. While the playing area is good, the surroundings are what sets this map apart. I had to remove the bots, just so I could appreciate what was going on. Great work! Also, why not a DM version of this map?

WAR-Midst: Unfortunately, I am defineately not a WAR player, but played a round to appreciate the quality of the map. Being a DM map maker, I can only imagine the time to make a map so big. Nice work!

As for the power ups, since they change the core game-play, it will take a bit longer to form an opinion, though based on the "slow field" powerup, I do like the idea of the Deflector Shield.

The mapper in me wanted to give some more detailed feedback than normal, even if some of it is "constructive". As a player, I always look forward to playing these maps. As a mapper, I hope to someday make something similar. Keep up the great work!

Redeemer

thanks for the heads up odedge much appreciated
    This signature would self destruct but your anti-virus has already defused it.. :/
    Proudly part of Team Domination. UT3DOM v5.0 is out now! (Code Improvements + 4 missing maps return.)
    DM-Pentecost - DM-Beesting_SE - DM-Carnage Cathedral SE
    Join AussieUT3 clan today.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoondog View Post
    Wow... Terror_Force you are a machine...
    hmmm it it possible ^^

Quote Originally Posted by M^vL View Post
    Thanks a ton for these you guys!! Awesome quality maps!

And Terror Force you are incredible with the mirrors and flybys!!
    yah thx

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Odedge
    DOM-Velocity: ... Also, why not a DM version of this map?
    It just didn't really have any DM'ish gameplay potential + I was really struggling for time + I plan to do a CTF/JB version asap

It just didn't really have any DM'ish gameplay potential + I was really struggling for time + I plan to do a CTF/JB version asap
    I guess so, a CTF/JB will be great. *Odedge goes into "wait" mode*

MSgt. Shooter Person

great!! looks good! good team work !!

*smiles at JB version...

The maps and pickups look awesome guys. Great work and keep it up.
    Hedsteem's UT3 Servers:
    ** Hedsteem - All Custom VCTF ** - 174.36.219.161:7777 - VCTF with custom Maps/Weapons/Vehicles
    ** Hedsteem - VTDM/TDM ALL Custom ** - 174.36.219.162:7777 - VTDM/TDM with custom Maps/Weapons/Vehicles
    ** Hedsteem: Monster M*A*S*H - RBTTInvasion/BattleRPG ** - 72.86.123.140:7777 - RBTTInvasion/BattleRPG with custom maps
    ** Hedsteem: All Custom Warfare/Greed ** - 174.36.219.163:7777 - Votable Warfare/Greed with custom Maps/Vehicles/Weapons
    ** Hedsteem - Jailbreak ** - 72.86.123.140:7778 - Brand new Jailbreak server with custom weapons

MSgt. Shooter Person

Gratz all and thanx for your comments !

Odedge: thanx for your comment

Terror-Force: Flyby are cool thanx
    Last edited by Raz; 09-04-2009 at 03:51 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PC: PacerEx

I just played a round of WAR-Midst and it appears the countdown node always damages the Blue core, no matter who controls the node.

It is coming off our server for now... looking forward to a fix.

Thanks!

Iron Guard

Good work. Very nice indeed.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Odedge View Post
    DM/DOM-Saip: Awesome viusals and design (reminds me of the move Popeye) . Layout was really good, especially considering the location. The only complaint I have and it's actually a complaint, is the music. As a player, I usually dislike/hate music playing in the background for many reasons. As a mapper, I always make it optional for those who do like it. That being said, music that can be heard anywhere in the map (at the same volume) is a "never should do" in my opinion. A "NoMusicEdition" would be great as this really is a awesome map.
    This map has to be my favorite out of this map pack. I didn't test if the music could be turned off on this map, but I'm one of those people that like background music. The song is from the original Unreal soundtrack, and in my opinion it fits well with the theme of the map, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Remus View Post
    This map has to be my favorite out of this map pack. I didn't test if the music could be turned off on this map, but I'm one of those people that like background music. The song is from the original Unreal soundtrack, and in my opinion it fits well with the theme of the map, but to each their own.
    Not to belabor the point... I am not saying the author can't. It's his map and can do what ever he wants. I am just saying that 99% of the maps don't have music playing no matter what and there is a reason for that.

It would be nice if the game actually had a way to adjust the "music tracks" volume and mute, so if you did have the music volume up, you can always adjust it quickly while still playing the game.

Though I could see a map working if a few spots had music playing (from inside of a room) and/or using as a "warning" that a power-up is available, but that's another topic.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Awesome work...many thanks!
    Intel i7 920 CPU | ASUS P6T Deluxe | 6GB DDR3 1333MHz OCZ RAM | Zotac 285GTX AMP! | Thermaltake Toughpower 700w PSU | Vista Ultimate 64bit

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Thanubis View Post
    Do any of the maps have the new powerups or are they only available through the mutator?

Also, how is the CDOM prefix different from the regular DOM prefix? Will anything break if I remove the 'C'?
    Yes Thanubis,

CDOM-CBP3-Yarith and DM-CBP3-Yarith have the nightmare pickup.

the CDOM prefix means that it can only be played in classic domination - if you use DOM, it can be played in both classic and double domination but you need to save the map as DOM instead of CDOM, anyways those maps have been planned for CDOM

My maps
    UT3 Maps:
    DM & CDOM-CBP3-Yarith
    DM-CBP3-Salvation MSUC 1st Place
    CTF-CBP3-Arean MSUC 2st and 5st Place
    DM-CBP3-solar, VCTF-CBP3-Artemisa MSUC 2st place

UT2004 Maps: DM-LastCrusader2k4, DM-Mako, DM-BP2-Calandras, DM-CBP2-Griffin.
    UT Maps: DM-Lastcrusader, DM-Lastcrusader][, DM-Lastcrusader]|[, DM-Nibelheim, CTF-Gataka, CTF-Vaultcity, CTF-Arean23, CTF-Siberian23, ect...ect...

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sanch3z

I found a game breaking bug in CTF-Antediluvian:

I found this almost as soon as the map started since I spawned in front of that door and tried to see if it would open.

Last edited by Sanch3z; 09-05-2009 at 06:40 PM.
    retired....

I found an annoying bug in War-MIDST. When red team control the power node at the center of the map, sometime when the countdown ends, the power node deals damage to the Red Energy Node (it should deal damage to blue node). I encountered this problem while playing with bots...

Iron Guard

Just a note to say we are going to do a version 2 of this pack. We normally wouldn't do this but the pack was quite rushed and there are a few bad bugs this time. It will take a while so do feel free to post any other feedback you have for the authors here, over the next few days.

So no PS3 version and it was poorly made?

(DON'T READ THIS POST!!!!!!!!! THE ABOVE SENTENCE IS RUDE!!!!!)
    Last edited by Meroveck; 09-09-2009 at 11:09 PM.

Iron Guard

I wouldn't say poorly made at all. They do quality work, they just rushed it as he said.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they get compensated for their time. Maybe you're expecting too much.

Feel fortunate you have people that contribute things like this to the community

Iron Guard

So no PS3 version and it was poorly made?
    Every negative comment we get makes us sad and depressed and delays the PS3 version another day...

Like Taffy says, we all have lives to worry about... I'm the only one on the (large) team with a PS3 and UT3, so I have to wait for people to fix things, then cook it all, test it all, sometimes get it to fit in memory, figure out why maps & mutators aren't working with no debug information, upload on useless internet, deal with mirroring problems... you get the picture.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I was wondering why we didn't already get a sub over at UTU, hehe. As a mapper myself though (albeit not a very good one) I can understand your situation there. Take your time--there's never been a perfect map in the history of shooter gaming, though taking your time will get you closer (and talent's no question here, hehe). I look forward to version 2 of the pack!
    BR-Amazonas v1.02 (UT3) -- Map Only (ZIP, 7Z) or Map Bundled With BR Mod (ZIP, 7Z)

UT Unlimited
    UT99, UT2004, and UT3 Map Reviews and Character Showcasing. Submit yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Meroveck View Post
    ...and it was poorly made?
    I would be happy if I could make "poorly made" maps like these. Being a mapper myself, i know what it takes to make a good map, much less excellent ones. So be grateful that people spend the time to do this for the community.

Just a note to say we are going to do a version 2 of this pack. We normally wouldn't do this but the pack was quite rushed and there are a few bad bugs this time. It will take a while so do feel free to post any other feedback you have for the authors here, over the next few days.
    I am trying to post "objective" suggestions for fixes. Keep in mind that I am very "sensitive" to footstep sounds, so hearing the default one (except on terrain) catches my attention.

Halcyon
    -Lifts don't make sounds while moving.
    -A lot of the foliage (grass, flowers, plants) are fairly tall considering they are in the game play area.
    -Default foot step sounds on multiple meshes.

Saip
    -The music should be part of the Music field in the World properties and not as an ambient sound actor to keep with the "tradition" of adding music to your level.
    -Possibly add dynamic blocking volumes under the lifts.
    -Neon lights look too "modern" for this type of boat.

Stronghold
    -Lifts don't make sounds while moving.

Yarith
    -Default footstep sounds on assorted meshes.

Antediluvian
    -As much optimization as it can have done to it. The frame rates seems to drop a bit too low and effects game play.

Thanks for the great work CBP team!

Iron Guard

Thanks, that's good stuff.

Anyone who finds any place to escape the maps or get stuck on collision, things like that - please post it here and it will be fixed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast