Thread: Lg_DarkGridlock

Palace Guard

Smile Lg_DarkGridlock

Here's a conversion of a map that will keep you all busy until Kantham's Veteran Pack.

http://www.moddb.com/games/gears-of-.../dark-gridlock

P.S. Bonus Gears 2 music while playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

Boomshot

thx man, geart work!! gridlock again, how about the rest mp like sanctury, courtyard, ravendown,etc? and more game type?...

Boomshot

downloading now, a big file, looking forward to the music, very unique feature,thx!! u just made a very important stepforward to gears 2!!...

Many mp has been converted like mansion,goldrush,clocktower,mesemum,process,shallo w,warmachine,depot,escalation. Really glad to see mappers here finally begin this again, if dear JUGGER have time and will do more, truely hope more game type in future convertion of the rest official mp for full map usage, like Burnedinteral did to gridlock before, both DM and Horde, thx man...
    Last edited by darksin; 08-25-2009 at 10:11 PM.

Boomshot
    Somewhere hiding with a longshot waiting for some locust to walk by
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tekken Wardog

This should've been on gears 2. i like this version better
    TrueGears
    Thanks Lycan for the Alex
    Thanks *Zap* for the Adam fenix
    Thanks BRUTE for the LGS
    Thanks Cher for the Lancer Avatar
    Thanks Capt23n for the SGE

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: matrix121391

I appreciate the effort, but the map seems a bit too dark for me. :[

If it is no hassle, I was wondering if it'd be possible to remake it in daytime (I think that was the original, wasn't it?)?

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kantham

Quote Originally Posted by darksin View Post
    ... and more game type?...
    Sigh.

I appreciate that people have interest in LG, but it is to remain intact.

Boomshot

Big Grin

lol, dear kantham sigh again, i c you want people focus, but i care about all bot map type and mods here, not those guy who shouted gears2 pc everyday but never check this pc mod, or made some "wtf..." stupid message.. Epic never sigh when people complain UT3 lack gametype and no gears 2 pc, they made a titan pack and a live arcade stilll 360 exclusive, so don't sigh, man, be happy all the time .yes i like lance gameplay, but different gametype is not bad, like gears 2 maps, one map all type, some difference can keep the game fresh, just a wish...
    Last edited by darksin; 08-26-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Boomshot

Well, finally played this darkgridlock, thx to GUGGER bring us this different remake map!!....

Beautiful kryll sky, mappers rarely make maps with this background before, i don't know if it possible to make them sometimes flyby the player side, maybe that can bring more fun. Beautiful lighitng too, reminds me your locust campaign map lighting, and i added intense gunfire traces, so made the battle very hot and looks beautiful at night map.

something need fix:
    1. like people said above, need more lighting at those dark place, we can't see anyhing there, bots all hide in darkness, made battle very hard, also can't see the detail , it's all dark around, if you play some night map like depot, they got enough lighting to see things clear, not deep dark and can't see all things at all, which i mentioned this in locust campaign,too.
    2. cover, i found when we cover at some place, when we push the space button, we can't move out, what we can do is push back button and leave cover style, hope this can be fixed.
    3. the bots evade roll into sea no doubt happens again, so need more block at those railings alongside the sea.

That's all, thx the great work man!!.
    Last edited by darksin; 08-26-2009 at 11:11 AM.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by darksin View Post
    lol, dear kantham sigh again, i c you want people focus, but i care about all bot map type and mods here... *stuff*
    Cool. But there's no external type of Lance LG 2.0 or whatever. I seen some people have done this in the past, so I'm just here to prevent them from doing that. If people want to make Annex or W/E then please may they make their own "mod".

I just wanted to make sure this was getting trough, and that I'm not upset, just preventing. Thanks.
    /Back to topic
    Last edited by Kantham; 08-26-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Boomshot

yeah, you are absolutely right about LG mod , kantham, u c what i said is just this simply map/those official mp convertion to other type like Horde, not LG material/stuff used, because that copyright and all the mod content belongs to you man, so don't worry........

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

BTW Jugg I just looked at some of your screenshots, maybe you should try focusing on directional lights and ambient lights, the lighting is extremely funky and unrealistic. That would help.

Also try adding 0.3 scene desaturation to make and other effects more believable.

Amazing Map !!
    SORRY 4 MY ENGLISH, ITS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE

Boomshot

just found another issue need fix

we can't do blind fire when we cover and standing in corner of walls, only when we crouch we can do it, hope can be fixed..
    Last edited by darksin; 08-28-2009 at 09:45 AM.

Palace Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Freelanceclown View Post
    Raven down set at night with rain would be interesting to see!!
    I've always wondered what it would look like...

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OGN Niko

Without a doubt this is a great version of Gridlock, I can't wait to play this.
    I am the definition of Heartless.

Origin Gaming
    Join Origin Gaming

Prisoner 849

it looks like odst... no offence...
    and i've never played odst just seen video's of it...

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lambent Veteran

how do u play it once u download it?
    Founder/Director for PWE
    QA for BM Team
    Betrayl | Pendulum Wars Elite