Redeemer

Default Voices from Hell - The Infection

Well, this is my new Voices from Hell entry. I hope you enjoy. I started this yesterday. Brainstormed for about two days and found the idea.

WARNING: There is gory parts in this, be prepared if you must.

The Infection

We cannot allow the Lambent to pollute the surface. We must bury their infection here!
    - Queen Myrrah

Bronth awoke from his deep slumber as he heard his master’s voice echo throughout The Hollow.

“We must stop the infection!” Queen Myrrah announced from intercoms placed in numerous places in The Hollow.

Bronth got onto his feet, and grabbed his weapons. Infection. He gritted his teeth at the thought of it. The Grenadier stretched, he could hear the crack of his bones.

“Bronth, we must leave, now,” Glor spoke as he walked towards Bronth.

Bronth walked towards Glor and they started walking. They walked though out The Nexus, eventually finding their Leader. Shek. As Bronth and Glom walked near Shek and his squad of Drones, all of the Locust were staring at each other.

“We shall kill them all,” Shek said, proceeding to stare at Bronth and Glor.

“They will all die amongst me,” Bronth blurted out, breaking the long duration of silence.

“We shall proceed,” Shek said as he walked away. The sound of chaos and battle came from that direction. This was the battle Bronth had been waiting for.

Guns were still proceeding to fire as the small squad of Locusts ran into cover. Bronth glanced out into the distance. He could see two of his enemies. The intruders, and the infected. Bronth growled as he saw his fellow Locusts being slaughtered by the two other enemies. He started firing into the distance, he popped his head out quickly to see if he had killed any of his enemies. Nobody. He shot again, this time more accurate. As he looked for his kill, he saw a COG soldier have his head pop off. The blood squirted and spewed out of the area where the enemy’s head was located.

“Proceed,” Shek said, as he began to fire his Hammer Burst at the enemies in the distance. The whole Locust squad jogged after their leader, eventually they reached the main battle area.

“Our enemies must receive casualties,” Bronth said as he glanced into the distance, bullets were now flying by him, but he also saw the Lambent attack the COGs, so that was an advantage.

Bronth saw a Longshot bullet fly by him, as he saw a Drone firing towards the attackers have his head blown off. The blood squirted out of the neck piece, most of it landed on Bronth, he had no time to wipe it off. As he looked at the fresh Drone corpse he saw a weapon next to it’s arm. A Longshot. Bronth sped over to the corpse quickly, picking up the sniper rifle, regardless of the blood that was on it and his lack of skill with it.

Bronth aimed it towards the Lambent. He put the target ridicule over a Lambent Drone’s head. He began to pull the trigger, then slammed it with full force. He still sat there looking through the scope as he watched the infected Locust have it’s skull impaled by his sniper bullet. He could see the Lambent Locust’s head pop off as it’s skull ascended into the air, then it landed on the ground. Bronth chuckled at the sight of it.

The Grenadier heard a weird kind of whisper come from behind him. Bronth turned his head. He was now looking at a group of guards. Many Theron Guards, and a weird looking Guard. They started firing towards the Lambent, and Lambent only.

Bronth and two other Theron Guards started firing at the Lambent Locust. Bronth unloaded a clip of Hammer Burst bullets into a Lambent Locust. He laughed as he slaughtered the infected enemy. He loved the look of blood and gore.

Suddenly, the Lambent Locust started getting closer and moving towards Bronth and the other Locust. Lambent were now hopping over the gates of Nexus and started slaughtering Bronth’s fellow soldiers. Bullets were being sprayed towards The Locust Horde. Bronth was his by many bullets.

“AHHHHHHG!” Bronth growled loudly after he had been hit. The Grenadier dashed towards four Lambent Locust with full fury, vengeance, and blood lust.

Bronth slammed into one of the Lambent Locust he had targeted. Bronth crushed the infected Locust by slamming it into a wall nearby. Bronth ripped the skull of the infected straight off, and proceeded onto fighting the next. The Grenadier ran up to the second Lambent, and ripped it’s flesh off. It screamed in agony. Bronth then took the skull from before and started bashing the Lambent to death. Blood squirted from the Lambent Locust’s arms as it’s flesh was ripped off by Bronth. The berserk Grenadier threw the barely alive infected towards the wall, he could hear the sound of his enemy’s bones cracking. He walked up to his enemy and impaled it’s chest with his foot. The crunching sound of the infected Locust’s bones satisfied Bronth. But he wasn’t done yet. Bronth scampered towards another Lambent, this time he head butted it. Bronth heard the breaking of his enemy’s ribs. After he finished head butting the Lambent Locust, he was ready for the execution. He knocked his enemy onto the ground with a brutal slam, then whipped out his Snub Pistol and unloaded a clip into the enemy’s head. Blood spattered out of the Lambent Locust’s head as it’s skull was bashed, and cracked by the bullets, and five deathly punches to the skull. All of the Lambent Locust had focused their gunfire on Bronth. Bronth was hit by two bullets. They penetrated his skin. Bronth screamed in pain, he tried to shake the pain off. He slid into cover as he heard the noise of a familiar ally. But it came from the Lambent’s side of the battle field.

“GRRRRIIIIINNND,” came from the Lambent’s territory in this battle.

A Lambent Grinder. Bullets were flying over Bronth as he sat crouched against cover. He saw two Theron Guards be demolished by the powerful creature and it’s weapon. All that was left of the two Guards were small pieces of flesh.

Bronth sat in his same position under cover for a short duration of time, but then was startled as a Lambent Locust hopped over his piece of cover. Bronth dashed out quickly and slammed into the invading enemy. He shot four Gnasher Shotgun bullets into his enemy, it screamed in agony as it dropped to the ground slowly.

“Retreat!” Shek yelled over the gunfire, shrieking, and deathly growls. Bronth quickly sprinted towards his fellow soldiers, They didn’t want to bring the Lambent too deep into The Nexus.
    More cover was found, the remaining Locust Horde slid into cover. Bronth heard a sudden familiar voice.

“You will all dieeee,” The guard spoke over the gunfire. He was duel-wielding two Gorgon Pistols.

“What kind of Locust are you?” Bronth asked the guard.

“A Blood Guard,” The guard responded.

“I’ve rid this place of the humanoids, we must rid The Nexus of the infected,” The Blood Guard added.

The Blood Guard sprinted towards the Lambent. The Lambent Grinder started firing towards the guard. The unique guard dodged most of the bullets and was hit by some too. The Blood Guard ran close to some of the Lambent and started unloading his Gorgon Pistols on them. Bronth tried to help him by killing the Lambent the guard missed. It was like a blood bath, blood was spattering everywhere in sight. But there wasn’t just blood on the ground, there was also imulsion. It lurked across the floor from the dead Lambent corpses, It made the infected stronger.

Bronth looked at the Blood Guard try and hold off the Lambent. Shek and the rest of the squad started supporting the guard and trying to cover it with gunfire. Bronth pulled out his Gnasher Shotgun and begun shooting it into the big mob of people. He knew he was bound to hit the Blood Guard. But it was more affective on the Lambent than the Blood Guard, he assumed. The Blood Guard tried falling back but was trampled on by the strong infected Locust. Bronth heard a piercing moan come from the big mob. He then heard the sound of breaking bones come from the same location. Bronth took off running back with his squad and then…

“GRRRRIIIIINNND,” The Lambent Grinder yelled as he charged his gigantic turret and starting gunning down Bronth and his squad.

Growls and shrieks echoed throughout The Nexus as numerous gates were breached by The Lambent.

Bronth collapsed to the ground. Blood rapidly leaked out of Bronth’s feet, and his shoulder, his wounds were very fatal. He tried to crawl into cover. Bronth behind him towards his fellow Locust Horde soldiers. They were being executed one by one.

“You will d…” Shek started whispering as he looked up at a Lambent Drone, but a Snub Pistol bullet was launched into his head before he could finish his last sentence.

Bronth searched for Glor. He could see his fellow soldier, laying on the ground in agony. Bronth could see the ripped skin, broken bones, and cuts Glor had. A Lambent stood amongst the helpless Drone. The infected soldier lifted his foot. In a matter of a mere second, the foot came down and clashed into Glor’s skull. After the Lambent crushed the Grenadiers head, blood spewed out of the crushed skull. Blood and organs inside of Glor’s head spilled out. Bronth was the only one left. All of his fellow squad members had been executed.

“The Horde will rain victorious!” Bronth screamed as a foot was rising above his head.
    He was about to be executed but then Bronth heard shrieking.

A loud, shriek pierced Bronth’s ears. An immense explosion followed.
    Last edited by ChrisX; 07-13-2009 at 10:05 PM.
    In Sera, peace doesn't exist...
    Snowfall's Dexterity
    ...and it never will.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wisdom Thumbs

This was pretty good. The Blood Guard was interesting, but I thought it would have been a Kantus dual-wielding Gorgons and fighting like that. Still, quite awesome. Choppy and clunky at the beginning.

When Bronth took out those four Lambent in hand-to-hand combat, it seemed like they were just standing there, taking it. Not a good thing. And the Lambent bleed tons of yellow blood, so I'm assuming most of it is Imulsion of some sort. They glow with it.

Overall, a great short story, it needs plenty of work, but it wasn't at all bad.
    I came up with the Bag 'N Tag idea. No really, check the date. (proof)
    Fanboy of Gears since GameInformer's 2005 cover-article
    Speedtest - my internet is slower than yours

"Tommorrow" - short story..................................................Games as Literature: Aspho Fields podcast

Redeemer

Yeah. I'm still getting back into my groove. I think it was alright. I haven't fought against Lambent in Gears Two or talked about them in a very long time too. Lolz. Thanks for the feedback. I did my best.
    Snowfall's Dexterity
    ...and it never will.

Legend.....wait for it....dary
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Meh PSN ID: Meh

Nice!

I liked it Chris, although Thumbs does have the tendency to notice things others didn't so yeah, I have to agree with Thumbs. Not much I noticed, so it was awesome for me. The description and setting was great, the action was another great thing.

I see you introduced the 'Blood Guard' where did you get that idea from? I remember something about Blood Reaver and what not as I posted those wacky ideas.... I am easily forgetful......

Anyway, nice job once again, looking forward for some more!
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Hope to see a lot of you on the BT Forums! - 11/02/2014 (lol)

It was decent, but random battle stories don't really don't much for me. Just not my kinda thing.

There were also some repetition problems, like this...

“Bronth, we must leave, now,” Glor spoke as he walked towards Bronth.

Bronth walked towards Glor and they started walking. They walked though out The Nexus, eventually finding their Leader. Shek. As Bronth and Glom walked near Shek and his squad of Drones, all of the Locust were staring at each other.

“We shall kill them all,” Shek said, proceeding to stare at Bronth and Glor.

“They will all die amongst me,” Bronth blurted out, breaking the long duration of silence.

“We shall proceed,” Shek said as he walked away. The sound of chaos and battle came from that direction. This was the battle Bronth had been waiting for.

Guns were still proceeding to fire as the small squad of Locusts ran into cover.
    Try using a thesaurus to find different ways to say similar words. And like Wis said, it did seem like the Lambent were just standing around waiting to be killed. I really liked the start where Bronth was waking up and there was some good action, but it did get hard to follow at points. Nice job, just needs a little tightening here and there.

Redeemer

Alright, thanks guys.
    Snowfall's Dexterity
    ...and it never will.

Redeemer

Oh and the Blood Guard. SKORGE, you gave me that idea. Lolz.
    Snowfall's Dexterity
    ...and it never will.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xNoLaNizSk1LIDx

Nice man. T'was good.
    [Just a damn cold blooded KILLER]

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisX View Post
    Oh and the Blood Guard. SKORGE, you gave me that idea. Lolz.

I did? Was it in that thread where I gave you a whole..... Never mind, I just jolted my memory.

Blood Guard, Blood Reaver, and I think Blood Wretch right?

Oh yes, I knew this all along!
    I'll check in every now and again but for the most part, I won't be as active as I was previously. It really was the Gears + people that got me posting on here in the first place. Unless Epic release an awesome game or something. I'm leaving this message because I'm obviously a very, very important person.

Redeemer

Yeah. Blood Wretch. Lolz. I'm gonna make a Pendulum Stories short right now. I got a perfect idea while I was stuck in a traffic jam earlier.
    Snowfall's Dexterity
    ...and it never will.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisX View Post
    Yeah. Blood Wretch. Lolz. I'm gonna make a Pendulum Stories short right now. I got a perfect idea while I was stuck in a traffic jam earlier.
    I sleep during those.... Especially when I'm not the one driving!

Redeemer

I did sleep, but it wasn't just any sleep. I brainstormed. Lolz.
    Snowfall's Dexterity
    ...and it never will.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zilla Junior

Pretty nice, i liked how Bronth tore a skull out and beat his enemies with it, but as Wisdom said, they could've fought back.

I think everyone else covered the whole "Walking" thing.

(This doesn't seem physically possible! - You knew someone would say that!)