Palace Guard

Lightbulb The Console Command Thread

Well, besides my encounter with a health hack guy and a well known speed hack guy (I won't post the gamertags) there seems to be people getting curious as to what commands they can set in their game.

Therefore I Proudly Present:

The Console Command Thread

Here are links from past forgotten threads to get people up to speed.

Get Started Here

Fourth post explains how to get it working(if it isn't already)

Simple Commands

More Complex Commands

*Here are some interesting things which caught my attention.

Split-Screen (works with two controllers!)

Deploy Weapons (don't think it works for gears but whatever)

Extra Help

Thanks to all of them I've managed to make this list, so try out this forgotten knowledge (note as stated in many threads gold accounts don't really work and achievements are disabled when using set).

Singleplayer - Changing Difficulty as Host

I'm sure we've all wished we could just change difficulty levels when the game gets too hard or too easy, or wanting to play insane without playing hardcore first. Well, I have found out how to change the difficulty level just by using the console while you are in the campaign. Best of all, if you complete that chapter on the difficulty you set, you are awarded it (that's right, insane achievements included).

Code:
    Changes the Campaign Difficulty to Casual
    SetDifficultyLevelEasy

Changes the Campaign Difficulty to Hardcore
    SetDifficultyLevelNormal

Changes the Campaign Difficulty to Insane
    SetDifficultyLevelHard
    Multiplayer - Switching Maps and Gametypes as Host

Wouldn't it be wonderful not to have to go back to the main menu to switch gametypes or maps. I've found a way for all you lucky hosts out there!

As an example I will use the clocktower map, here is what I've found out.

Code:
    Starts at Clocktower in Assassination
    servertravel mp_clocktower?game=WarfareGameContent.WarGameKillTheLeader

Starts at Clocktower in Annex
    servertravel mp_clocktower?game=WarfareGameContent.WarGameAnnex

Starts at Clocktower in Execution
    servertravel mp_clocktower?game=WarfareGameContent.WarGameResurrection

Starts at Clocktower in King of the Hill
    servertravel mp_clocktower?game=WarfareGameContent.WarGameConquest

Starts at Clocktower in Warzone
    servertravel mp_clocktower?game=WarfareGameContent.WarGameTDM

*Sidenote:
    (My Personal Favorite Command, Thanks to Core2TOM)
    Quote Originally Posted by Core2TOM View Post
    Pistol/Revolver can zoom like the Sniper:
    set WarfareGame.Weap_PistolBase ZoomFOV 9
    **I just use fov 90, maybe zoomfov can fix my aiming problem with it!**
    Last edited by JUGGERNUT; 07-27-2010 at 03:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

Boomshot

Splitscreen PC? How have I not known about this until now?!?!

And actually the pistol zooming like the sniper is JUST what I was looking for...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Liquid Leary

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that these work in Multiplayer? I'm not aware of any SET commands working online, unless the player hacked the game.

LL

Palace Guard

Well, let's not get into too much detail!

However, I was playing against a certain person online. He was host for that game (however I believe he could turn it on and off at will even if off-host). So, he was obviously either executing a single line of code, or executing a file. When he was done running at 200 mph with a chainsaw, he would then run at normal speed again. This lead me to believe he was using the console to change his stats, not hacking the game beforehand, hopefully no one else figures out how.

To answer your question, the set command supposedly doesn't work. I assume he didnt use the set command but somehow did something like exec mod.txt.... It was interesting, however he hides it alot, but I always wondered why it took two point blank shotty shots to down him.
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Liquid Leary

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGERNUT View Post
    Well, let's not get into too much detail!

However, I was playing against a certain person online. He was host for that game (however I believe he could turn it on and off at will even if off-host). So, he was obviously either executing a single line of code, or executing a file. When he was done running at 200 mph with a chainsaw, he would then run at normal speed again. This lead me to believe he was using the console to change his stats, not hacking the game beforehand, hopefully no one else figures out how.

To answer your question, the set command supposedly doesn't work. I assume he didnt use the set command but somehow did something like exec mod.txt.... It was interesting, however he hides it alot, but I always wondered why it took two point blank shotty shots to down him.

Being a gears MP fan since launch of the 360 title, I guess my concern is that you are alluding to the possibility of a major exploit using rather simple means. Obviously this information is useful to modders, but I'm sure most people would be upset to find an exploit stickied at the top of the forum. You don't have control over that, so I'm not knocking the thread and obviously this information has been available for a while.

It would be nice though to know if you were certain this isn't an area where the game is vulnerable to cheating before posting. I personally haven't seen SET commands work in Multiplayer using the basic console, but there are definitely a few things which do work.

Otherwise, I look forward to what the community creates using this information.

Palace Guard

Things are disabled in MP such as the Set command, however you can type:

stat fps
    or
    stat net
    or
    stat game

and things will happen. What I've posted can't be used in MP online such as the speed and health hacks, they would have to find another way around to change it.

Edit: Would be fun to see this happen though

set Engine.WorldInfo DefaultGravityZ 0
    Last edited by JUGGERNUT; 06-23-2009 at 01:33 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidLeary View Post
    Being a gears MP fan since launch of the 360 title, I guess my concern is that you are alluding to the possibility of a major exploit using rather simple means. Obviously this information is useful to modders, but I'm sure most people would be upset to find an exploit stickied at the top of the forum. You don't have control over that, so I'm not knocking the thread and obviously this information has been available for a while.

It would be nice though to know if you were certain this isn't an area where the game is vulnerable to cheating before posting. I personally haven't seen SET commands work in Multiplayer using the basic console, but there are definitely a few things which do work.

Otherwise, I look forward to what the community creates using this information.
    Was the locust team also changing from tiny size to giant size? The host was likely using a trainer

Palace Guard

Noticed this place is dead and well, I've updated my console commands to include gametype swaps as well as level swaps

Palace Guard

Found out how to change difficulty of campaign while in-game, a huge breakthrough for any unfortunates wanting to play insane but don't have it unlocked.

Palace Guard

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post
    type in console
    tiledshot 5
    Finally, finally I can get screenshots in game that are awesome

MSgt. Shooter Person

Is there a command to lock fps at 60?
    I don't want to use v-sync, because my CPU cant handle it on lol.(well it can handle it but it kills some fps and creates pauses.)
    Last edited by bobsanchez; 02-05-2011 at 09:57 PM.
    Support Gears of war 3 for PC!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bobsanchez View Post
    Is there a command to lock fps at 60?
    I don't want to use v-sync, because my CPU cant handle it on lol.(well it can handle it but it kills some fps and creates pauses.)
    It stays at 62 max anyway?

The console command that sets it stops you from playing online (just stays in the loading screen, u need to restart gow)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by shooter19 View Post
    It stays at 62 max anyway?

The console command that sets it stops you from playing online (just stays in the loading screen, u need to restart gow)
    Oh ok thanks for the reply, I was just wondering because I get a bunch of screen tears and it gets kind of annoying.
    Support Gears of war 3 for PC!

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: StutteringBilly

I can't seem to find any documentation on Gears of War EDITOR console commands. I'm coming from building levels in UT3 where I could enter console commands like: noclip, fly, view unlit, etc

Hopefully someone here can help me out. If anything I just need the GoW equivalent to
    fly - self explanatory
    noclip - turns collision off
    view unlit - allows me to run through a map without having to build lighting (very helpful when white boxing out a level/encounter)
    Game Designer - Portfolio

Palace Guard

Quote Originally Posted by StutteringBilly View Post
    I can't seem to find any documentation on Gears of War EDITOR console commands.
    Yep, this game never got support like UT3, plus the editor is seriously weak without unreal scripting capabilities.

I'm coming from building levels in UT3 where I could enter console commands like: noclip, fly, view unlit, etc
    Yeah, you are in for a world of hurt.

Hopefully someone here can help me out. If anything I just need the GoW equivalent to
    fly - self explanatory
    Well, in editor you could hold down control when you go build --> play

noclip - turns collision off
    No idea about this one.

view unlit - allows me to run through a map without having to build lighting (very helpful when white boxing out a level/encounter)
    Ha, if only, that would be darksins dream to not have to worry about darkness.

All in all, the gears editor is the worst editor ever put out, so anything beyond the scope of this thread is either impossible, or you'd be the first to do it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mr Demon Flare

would luv gears 3 console
    Adapt, Overcome

Banned

rawrawrawr

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have a question. Is there such a command in the Consoli with the user can change the team if I am the host?

Palace Guard

None that I know of, usually with mods we possess pawn locust with Cog AI and team index 0 to have locust teammates cause the player is always team index 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Jogurt1 View Post
    I have a question. Is there such a command in the Consoli with the user can change the team if I am the host?

Is there a command on the console that removes the crosshair? I'm playing with 3dvision and I just wanted to use the laser sight...

Thanks in advance

lasersight? lol i think you cant remove crosshair without removing all UI... but wait yes you can remove but you have to remove it from each weapon individual... but it would be something that would not work in multiplayer

Hey guys, I've been rackin' my brain tryin' to make these console commands inside my text file to work, nothing happens when I type exec Mod.txt inside the console any help???

MSgt. Shooter Person

this is a cool thread
    THANKS Xx tOrqu3 vT3c xX FORTHE JUNGLE TAI
    YOUNG MARCUS ^_^ I GOT YOU
    CLASSIC HAMMERBURST I GOT YOU

​LAMBET SKIN I GOT YOU, WEB SKIN I GOT YOU,PAINTBALL IG OT YOU