Thread: DM-RB-Zero-G

MSgt. Shooter Person

Map - Deathmatch (PC) DM-RB-Zero-G

Name: DM-RB-Zero-G
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT3 V 2.1

Description:

Large deathmatch map set on a damaged wheel shaped space station in high Earth orbit.

As the name suggests you will experience weightlessness. You can fly anywhere without any restrictions. There is artificial gravity only on the walkways with the red neon lights.
    Plenty of physics objects to play around with in the weightless environment.

Gameplay video showing the map:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhTtPYo1tww

Screenshot:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by Remus; 02-17-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Remus map!!!

Iron Guard

Great map. I noticed some places where the red light tubes are overlapping. I really like the artificial gravity as well as everyone and everything floating around in zero gravity as well.
    I want to play Unreal for a living.

This map needs it's own mutator. Increase in speed while in zero G. Some kinda of thrust/dodge mechanic. Plus need to fully finish my KILLSHOT mutator so that I can send the bots flying. Oh and let some momentum transfer or something when you go from gravity to zero gravity.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by HideInLight View Post
    This map needs it's own mutator. Increase in speed while in zero G.
    That's bugging me as well. For the zero gravity I used a space volume, which is essentially a water volume without the drowning. I've tried all the properties, but there doesn't seem to be any way to modify the movement speed.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LordKangus

Remus map!!!
    Woo~! Go! Go! Go!

Wow! Beautiful, and a great idea for some realism... Though I have to admit that when I read your description, I had a brief flashback to DM-Circulator in UT99 and it's low-grav/low-friction fighting.

Your implementation is *insanely* better of course, not that it's anywhere related

Additional mirrors:
    http://mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=4504

If you really want to punish yourself, Circulator is here.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thank you for the positive feedback.

On the subject of the floating movement speed, I have good news. Thanks to the programing/scripting section, I managed to make the floating speed the same as the normal running speed. I'll upload the new version shortly.

Man, you go boy!!!!! *crosses fingers that it'll run online

MSgt. Shooter Person

Updated download link. Now you have the same speed while floating as you do while on the ground.

Mapraider's mirrors updated as well. Old link above automatically redirects to the new version.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Does the file "RBSpeedMod.u" also go into "CustomMaps" folder?...A little unsure where to put it, since it's a .U File..

Many thanks for your work

Swifty

MSgt. Shooter Person

Put it in CustomMaps folder with the rest of the files. The Agea map pack has custom scripts and they are in the same folder the maps are for example.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks Remus, just tested this map....and, WooW!!! STUNNING....Cheers

Swifty

The one small change makes the world of difference gameplay wise.

MSgt. Shooter Person

When I was testing I once put a very high speed value. Everyone was flying around like they were fighter jets .
    Also I recommend playing this with the crucible weapons mutator. There's nothing like beating the crap out of someone with the hammer in zero gravity.

Prisoner 849

Map looks good!
    I'm always up for some quality low grav action!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

MSgt. Shooter Person

Any chance of a Greed (ctf) version of this map?

Getting a crash, posted it in the SkaarJ model thread too:
    Don't know which one is causing the crash exactly, but there is a lot of script warnings related to this map.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...&postcount=132

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EVILENGINE 360

Getting a crash, posted it in the SkaarJ model thread too:
    Don't know which one is causing the crash exactly, but there is a lot of script warnings related to this map.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...&postcount=132
    Fixed the model crash, check the model thread for a fix. Let me know if it works for you. Thanks! But the crash does seem to only affect this map, so I'm not sure.
    Last edited by EvilEngine; 06-14-2009 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEngine View Post
    Fixed the model crash, check the model thread for a fix. Let me know if it works for you. Thanks! But the crash does seem to only affect this map, so I'm not sure.
    Checked the older version of this map, didnt get crash. So it must be something in the script inlcuded that's causing a problem.

Edit: Nvm, it turned out that the problem was unrelated. The crash was because the satge just happened to inlcude the link gun.
    Last edited by HideInLight; 06-16-2009 at 05:27 PM.

Messing around with the editor because of the map. The space volume is a kinda fun gameplay element. I'd suggest lowering the friction, if you dodge into the space your momentum will transfer. Space is suppose to have zero friction

Properties of space volume - PhysicsVolume - FluidFriction.

Anyway of releasing the source for the movement increase in the space volume with a mini tutorial on how to get it to work with a map?

Cool map! While I am not a fan of most "low gravity" maps because you tend to float a bit too much, no gravity is fun as you can still move around. The map looks very good and the physics react very well in the low gravity environment.

A few suggestions if you make another version.

1. It would be nice to have an ambient sound.
    2. It seems like the space sphere should be scaled up some more???
    3. It would be nice to have metal foot step sounds on the cat walks.
    4. Is it possible to make the physics objects respond to you hitting them?

A cool idea that is implemented well. Nice work.

love these sort of maps xD.

Never got to THANKYOU Remus for DM-Singularity,so THANKYOU :P.that map is so beautiful lol , i still get sometimes killed while watching that beautiful black hole eating up planet :P:P.

This map also looks amazing in pics downloading it now xD.
    GOT MALCOLM v1.1 BUT WHERE IS REST OF THUNDERCRASH & GORGEOUS GORGE

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Cool It is very cold in space.

This looks gorgeous indeed. Manage to fly anywhere around this map in 'low gravity' (except the corridors inside). Love the definable floating boxes, barrels, doors, wires, etc. and impressive about the number of asteroids and the Earth too. Easy to pick up the powerups in the upper level will definitely use across the circles including the Redeemer at the center. Hmm, good to know that this map may be suitable anything up to 32 players. Oh, don't forget to use 'permanent corpses', it currently bids a number of dead bots would not disappear in the whole new level; gets equalized through the gravitation. So how many are still around? Hope it helps.

Redeemer

Thumbs up i'm floating away.......

love the floating items and zero gravity; also like the spinning earth/moon and sun even though the earth-moon relationship isn’t quite right; love the details of the space station and central area with physics and all the floating items, which actually do react to you but you have to hit them harder; also like the red trim and the bots are good. The size of the sphere seems fine and isn’t there no sound in a vacuum?