MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Uncivi1

Default They really need to make a third game.

Unreal Championship has hands down one of the best games on the original Xbox. UC2 received amazing reviews, had a great amount of content, and graphics that kicked most other games asses at the time. On top of that, it used the amazing Unreal Tournament formula and mixes it up with melee combat.

If Epic made a Unreal Championship 3 using the UE3 on the 360 I would preorder it immediately and buy it on day one. I don't understand why they haven't decided to at least announce that they will make it at some point. It seems like a stupid move to not continue a top notch franchise such as this...
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit l Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5 GHz l MSI HD 5830 Twin Frozr 1GB GDDR5 l OCZ 4 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SithLordVenom

I think I drowned for holding my breath too long.

It is a great orginal xbox game, and could compete with some of the new 360. But with gow I can't see them putting out anything anytime soon. But ut3 is loosing its steam, if not already. I try to play every now and again on pc. But it is not the same, and I don't think i can ever become and above average person against the regulars. Oh well....

*runs back to farcry 2
    Antec 900 | Asus P5K64-WS Mobo | ABS Tangan BZ Series 900W | Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz | Arctic Freezer 2 |2GB DDR3 Corsair @1066 | Diamond ATI 4870 | 3x 250GB Seagate Sata HDD | Sound Blaster Audigy 2 | Windows Vista, XP, and Ubuntu Linux

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Uncivi1

I suppose it's possible to recreate the game on the Unreal Editor 3 for UT3. Maybe that could get some of the UT3 community and the fans of this game together to make a descent sized community.
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit l Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5 GHz l MSI HD 5830 Twin Frozr 1GB GDDR5 l OCZ 4 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM

Redeemer

this would be a great way for Epic to recover from the mishandling of ut3 coming to the consoles. develop a game based on a formula that worked quite well for the console. let UT(insert number here) remain a PC title for us retentive cantankerous types, and work up a new Unreal Championship for the consoles. the implementation of melee in concept kind of put me off, but after i played it, i was sold.
    Worse than you thought, but better than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by rek View Post
    this would be a great way for Epic to recover from the mishandling of ut3 coming to the consoles. develop a game based on a formula that worked quite well for the console. let UT(insert number here) remain a PC title for us retentive cantankerous types, and work up a new Unreal Championship for the consoles. the implementation of melee in concept kind of put me off, but after i played it, i was sold.
    But I want Unreal Championship 3 for the PC too...Never really got to play them, but I like what I see.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...98882719511369

To me it's the ultimate kickass game I never played.
    It has some kickass animations, movs art style and gameplay. Also the characters seem to have well character. Wish they would go back to unreal championship routes and use it's formula.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JoIhnnyIRage

Unreal Championship 2 was my favorite game. I just love that fast paced wall jumping third person melee combat shooter, ridiculously original and fun. I would cry if it some point they were to announce the makings of UC3. Even Unreal Championship one was wicked, at the end were the winner of the whole tournament ended up in in a class containment full of water watching others for the rest of there life.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: U1 849 K A

Quote Originally Posted by rek View Post
    I was hoping they'd do this. UT for PC, UC for consoles... While the quality was outstanding, I'm not sure if they sold well enough to warrant continuation, unfortunately.
    MAP MIXER 3.00 Final! UT ain't complete without it.
    Does any one know where the love of God goes When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
    The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay If they'd put fifteen more miles behind 'er.
    They might have split up or they might have capsized; They may have broke deep and took water.
    And all that remains is the faces and the names Of the wives and the sons and the daughters.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Would love a UC3.
    Its Thinking.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Sega Dreamcast View Post
    Would love a UC3.
    I'm Xzentheus, and I approve of this message.
    XFire name = vanix
    Still active in UT99, UT2k4, and UC2

Quote Originally Posted by HideInLight View Post
    But I want Unreal Championship 3 for the PC too...Never really got to play them, but I like what I see.

[
    yes the UC2 gameplay would have been great on the pc, id still play it even now if it were on pc and had a couple friends to play it with

The Sacrifice

Well, UC2 didn't sell so well, did it? 280.000? Compare this to the 6 Million each Gears title sold, then you can't blame Epic for going different routes. Well, on the other hand UC2 was on a bad spot (very late Xbox title, overshadowed by Halo 2, struggled with getting support) and it might have sold more on the PC... UC2 was the sole reason, why I bought the old XBox, and I still play the game from time to time on it. It's just that fun and unique. But I always thought it would haven been better on the PC. It's not a real Unreal game without a mod community behind it.

But then... UT3 didn't perform so well either and it doesn't look so good for the Unreal franchise atm. I doubt we'll ever see something special as UC2 again, I would already be hyped to see another Unreal game in the future. Doesn't matter if it's Unreal Tournament or Championship or something new entirely. We would be lucky with any new Unreal.
    Last edited by TourianTourist; 02-12-2013 at 10:52 AM.

true enough, an unreal of any type would make me very happy