Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: m3maestro

Default lots of machinima entries!

quantitatively speaking, that's pretty cool. Great job to all the entrants.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I personally like yours and The Box animation.
    My entry this time is a map too - 400mb video upload failed in last minutes before the deadline. Still somehow managed to send more or less completed map archive.
    Last edited by Ivanov; 05-21-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

I like yours a lot! You have a great way of capturing the characters and your animations are smooth like butta. Is that mocap or keyframed? In any case, yours is definitely in the running in my book.

If you want I can capture and render our your movie in HD. I was thinking about mirroring all of the 3rd round machinimas on my site anyway.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by m3fs View Post
    I like yours a lot! You have a great way of capturing the characters and your animations are smooth like butta. Is that mocap or keyframed? In any case, yours is definitely in the running in my book.

If you want I can capture and render our your movie in HD. I was thinking about mirroring all of the 3rd round machinimas on my site anyway.
    I've upgraded, so I can render it in full HD myself. The only problem is recompression of FRAPS file. I'm using ProCoder and can achieve good quality only with 350-400 mb file (Xvid and Divix 6 codecs) and that's a little too much.
    Well, you can render it and put it on-site if you want. Instead, if you want, I can fix Jess straightened fingers for you and make her run look more realistic. What was wrong with that? It's only 2-3 hours of work.

About anims: moving animations (runs, walks etc.) were based on mocap (tons of free stuff here) but strongly edited. All others were keyframed.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Well, you can render it and put it on-site if you want. Instead, if you want, I can fix Jess straightened fingers for you and make her run look more realistic. What was wrong with that? It's only 2-3 hours of work.
    Damnit! Yeah, I had a 6 week time budget for that and each time I saw her open fingers I thought..."no one will see that!"...right. And the running, same same. I should have fixed that too. Oh well. Hopefully the missiles firing at the manta (one of my favorites) made everyone forget about those flaws! :P I am not an animator but I sure want to be!! I will be starting at Animation Mentor in the fall semester.

How long did it take you start to finish?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by m3fs View Post
    Oh well. Hopefully the missiles firing at the manta (one of my favorites) made everyone forget about those flaws!
    Yeah, you're right!
    How long did it take you start to finish?
    Well... It took about 2 months and 1-2 weeks. First I was thinking about creating a vehicle combat scene (that's easier), but I like character animation and various crazy stories from anime. So I decided to try and create completely character-based machinima this time. If only there were mecha suits in UT3...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Oh well. Thanks
    is someone going to delete that ^^^ reply