MSgt. Shooter Person

Exclamation UPDATED July 2012! World of Warcrack Unreal3 Engine Kit

July 2012 UPDATE! By request, I've added Percula's Rogue from the movie "Blinded". Just need to tweak textures and lighting, then this should be good to go. Characters look great in selection screen, but I'm not sure why textures get muddy in-game. I am using the lazy UT3 "one mesh / one texture" method of custom character import. Is that the limitation here? Thank you!

6/19 UPDATE! Added Gnmurloc, Undead Male, Frostmourne, Perdition's, custom audio, custom faction/families (youtube coming soon..)

any guides on how to make custom taunt animations would be appreciated

download bloodfang rogue alpha 0.2 at:
    http://stashbox.org/520936/ut3-bloodfang-alpha0.2.zip

thx,
    jag

********OLD POST BELOW
    hey guys

proof-of-concept y'all. i ported the classic Bloodfang Rogue (and Judgement LOLadin) from World of Warcrack into UT3 using wowmodelviewer, maya, U3Ed, and cannedmushrooms' awesome video tutorials.
    Last edited by jaggedpuffy; 08-01-2012 at 11:33 PM. Reason: updated 6/19/09...and now July 2012

This just made my day lol.

Think you need to Rig it first or something, the animations and everything works perfect on the character selection screen, but like you said ingame it's messed up.

Character looks ok from the distance, but closeup the low quality texture shows it's ugliness.

Edit:
    Here's another tutorial that might help a bit. Seems that if you want the character to look seamless you must import it as one.
    http://camink.com/UT3/UT3CustCharTutorial01.html
    Last edited by HideInLight; 05-14-2009 at 12:18 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default seamlessness

thanks for the char import tutorial. if i read the tutorial correctly, it says you should make the character as ONE mesh, then bind it as one mesh to the ut3 skeleton, then tweak the weighting/rigging, and only then can you chop up the mesh into pieces for ActorX export...correct? that is kind of unfortunate, since i found it faster and easier to smooth bind pieces in maya to selected joints only (as opposed to hierarchy)...it really cuts down on the time-consuming weighting cleanup. the advantage of that method is lost with a whole body mesh, i would imagine.

hahah, i agree with you on the comment about low-quality texture/low-poly. the character is an exact 1:1 mesh+textures transfer from warcrack, hence the ugliness. do you have any tutorials for spicing up low-res textures?

thanks again,
    jag

MSgt. Shooter Person

any requests for a particular wow character you'd like to see ported into UT3?

Redeemer

Thumbs up

How about a Night Elf?
    BIGBADABOOM!!!

You need to get these to work ingame first
    I would like to see a character that's in both WoW and Dota.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: t1du

Don't coerce me, I've been sober for 5 months!

MSgt. Shooter Person

LOL... wicked name... loladin...

MSgt. Shooter Person

WoW chars now work perfectly inside UT3...ported bloodfang, plagueheart, dreadnaught, judgement! new screens /download at top of post!!

please suggest any good sites for info re: packaging custom character (custom audio taunt, custom anims, faction/family, skins, etc). thanks!

I don't see the new download link

download bloodfang rogue alpha 0.2 at:
    http://stashbox.org/520936/ut3-bloodfang-alpha0.2.zip
    Downloaded that one, but only the lines for the rogue seems to be included:

Code:
    Characters=(CharName="Rogue",Description="<Strings:UTGameUI.CharLocData.Cain_Description>",CharID="BA",bLocked="false",Faction="TwinSouls",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_Ironguard_Female_Head01>",CharData=(FamilyID="TWIF",HeadID="BA",HelmetID="BA",TorsoID="BA",ShoPadID="BA",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsID="BA",ThighsID="BA",BootsID="BA"))
    Characters=(CharName="Rouge",Description="<Strings:UTGameUI.CharLocData.Cain_Description>",CharID="BB",bLocked="false",Faction="TwinSouls",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_Ironguard_Female_Head01>",CharData=(FamilyID="TWIF",HeadID="BA",HelmetID="BB",TorsoID="BA",ShoPadID="BA",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsID="BA",ThighsID="BA",BootsID="BA"))
    Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="bbesty.Parts.testy_head",PartID="BA",FamilyID="TWIF")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Helmet,ObjectName="bbesty.Parts.testy_hair",PartID="BA",FamilyID="TWIF")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Helmet,ObjectName="bbesty.Parts.testy_helm",PartID="BB",FamilyID="TWIF")
    Parts=(Part=PART_ShoPad,ObjectName="bbesty.Parts.testy_XShoPad01",PartID="BA",FamilyID="TWIF")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Torso,ObjectName="bbesty.Parts.testy_torso",PartID="BA",FamilyID="TWIF")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="bbesty.Parts.testy_arms",PartID="BA",FamilyID="TWIF")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Thighs,ObjectName="bbesty.Parts.testy_legs",PartID="BA",FamilyID="TWIF")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Boots,ObjectName="bbesty.Parts.testy_boots",PartID="BA",FamilyID="TWIF")

MSgt. Shooter Person

bloodfang rogue is teaser for now :P

i will release a big character pack when it's nice and done.

any suggestions for fun/features you'd like to see?

can you make priest T6

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fr0z3nB0nes

Priest armour of faith? or Tier 8 warrior.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I've always been partial to night elves...(if you play horde, please don't kill me! >_<)
    The Only Thing I Need To Do Is Stay Red And Die!
    ~Sarge
    Red vs Blue

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default screenshots?

hey guys

thanks for requesting. can you guys please post screenshots of your custom requests? i'm not too familiar with what tier 8 warrior, etc looks like

also, i'm open to any creative / thinking-out-of-the-box ideas you'd like to see in the character pack.

thanks
    jag

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Is onslaught tier 8.

And priest faith:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Last edited by marilol; 05-28-2009 at 07:37 AM.

Koiter

or

If you want any of your models cooked for the PS3 just ask....
    Last edited by euchreplayer23; 05-28-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    Please support the UT3 community both on the PC and PS3.

Big Grin wow nice

very nice, if you have some time could you write a tutorial ?
    it would be awesome to do what we want with any character

i don't have any idea about how to do so

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

A tutorial would be much appreciated!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

The custom arms and legs look awfully similar to the "Miyuki" model...:/
    If Pinocchio said: "My nose will grow"...and lies, will his nose REALLY grow? because if it did, it would mean he was NOT lying Logical paradox ftw.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default re: tutorials + miyuki

Ok, the main tutorial i used was from CannedMushrooms, who is an awesome teacher:
    http://www.veoh.com/collection/House...685652kBpQ37dt

SOFTWARE:
    as for the Maya stuff, i studied computer art/animation courses (primarily used Maya and Final Cut Pro) at my university. i taught myself how to use Photoshop/GIMP, MilkShape3D. wowmodelviewer and mywowstudio and ActorX are pretty straightforward programs for data formatting. the main challenges are learning Maya and learning the workflow for Unreal Editor.

MIYUKI?
    i've never seen the miyuki model before. can you link to it? the arms on my ut3/wow chars are not custom; they're just the stock blizz bracer meshes that go with plagueheart (t3?). check for yourself on thottbot's flash 3d viewer.

as for the high-heel legs, they were from a free download/ public domain mesh from a 3D site (i think 3dbuzz.com).

i can assure you i did not use meshes from miyuki.

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo_lag View Post
    The custom arms and legs look awfully similar to the "Miyuki" model...:/

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default brief brief tutorial

brief tutorial on getting your WoW char into UT3:

(prerequisites: need to know how to use Maya and understand how to work with meshes, materials, skeletons, rigging)

1. export model/skin from WoW using wowmodelviewer
    2. convert (1) into Autodesk FBX using milkshape 3d and Autodesk FBX converter
    3. import FBX into Maya
    4. in maya, also load default UT3 skeleton (male, female, etc)
    5. adjust the WoW mesh/skeleton to spatially register with UT3 skeleton in maya. combine meshes as you see fit.
    6. detact mesh from WoW skeleton, delete history, and rebind mesh to UT3 skeleton
    7. tweak skin weights
    8. export the fruits of your/blizz/Epic labor using ActorX plugin for Maya.
    9. use CannedMushrooms' tutorial (linked above) to get your export in Unreal Editor and into UT3!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaarok View Post
    very nice, if you have some time could you write a tutorial ?
    it would be awesome to do what we want with any character

i don't have any idea about how to do so

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by jaggedpuffy View Post
    Ok, the main tutorial i used was from CannedMushrooms, who is an awesome teacher:
    http://www.veoh.com/collection/House...685652kBpQ37dt

SOFTWARE:
    as for the Maya stuff, i studied computer art/animation courses (primarily used Maya and Final Cut Pro) at my university. i taught myself how to use Photoshop/GIMP, MilkShape3D. wowmodelviewer and mywowstudio and ActorX are pretty straightforward programs for data formatting. the main challenges are learning Maya and learning the workflow for Unreal Editor.

MIYUKI?
    i've never seen the miyuki model before. can you link to it? the arms on my ut3/wow chars are not custom; they're just the stock blizz bracer meshes that go with plagueheart (t3?). check for yourself on thottbot's flash 3d viewer.

as for the high-heel legs, they were from a free download/ public domain mesh from a 3D site (i think 3dbuzz.com).

i can assure you i did not use meshes from miyuki.
    Here's the link : http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...ghlight=miyuki I just meant that the arms and legs look similar in custom character creation in game...I would have no idea about the actual meshes/coding required since I'm no modder :P Anyway, good work on the skins, they're pretty good. If you're interested, theres also an Arthas skin out there: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=618160
    Last edited by Limbo_lag; 05-30-2009 at 11:51 PM.
    If Pinocchio said: "My nose will grow"...and lies, will his nose REALLY grow? because if it did, it would mean he was NOT lying Logical paradox ftw.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I can get you some good WC3 wavs to fit this char if you want

Iron Guard

Is this legal? :P

MSgt. Shooter Person

can you link? also, i still havent' figured out how to make custom voices for UT3...do you have a tutorial or example i can use?

Quote Originally Posted by CryHavoc196 View Post
    I can get you some good WC3 wavs to fit this char if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Thrallala View Post
    Is this legal? :P
    the motivation for this work is to serve as a move toward producing a new level of WoW Machinima with more advanced and engrossing physics, lighting, cinematics than what is currently possible with WoWModelViewer (see my discussion with Baron Soosdon on wowmodelviewer.org). blizzard actually promotes WoW machinima, so therefore this project is legal. furthermore, this thread/work actually promotes and publicizes WoW in a very positive light. for sure blizz would be interested in and happy to see their *classic* tier 2/3 toons rocking machinima inside the unreal 3 engine!

Thank you very much jaggedpuffy

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default updated 6/19/09!

see page 1 for 6/19 updates...more new characters, now audio, swords/daggesr...

some Q's i'm hoping some of y'all could answer:

1) how to make custom taunt animations?

2) how can i use ZBrush on the existing blizz textures to really take these models to the next level? as of now they're only using diffuse maps..no normals or anything else..

3) where can i get the Robot skeleton in Maya format? i've only seen it in 3ds. i'm afraid if i try to convert it myself, then i'll mess something up with the bone hierarchy (?).

thx, jagpuffy
    Last edited by jaggedpuffy; 06-19-2009 at 07:48 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey man, thanks for all the work you've put in, the models are sweet! Got an interesting suggestion if you'd like to consider it: how about putting in....LEEROYYYYYYYY? With custom LEEROYYYY JENKINNNSSSSS taunt of course - for all those times you just feel like charging straight into enemy territory XD

MSgt. Shooter Person

Update July 2012!! See new screenshots on page 1 of post. Feedback appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by jaggedpuffy View Post
    1) how to make custom taunt animations?
    2) how can i use ZBrush on the existing blizz textures to really take these models to the next level? as of now they're only using diffuse maps..no normals or anything else..
    3) where can i get the Robot skeleton in Maya format? i've only seen it in 3ds. i'm afraid if i try to convert it myself, then i'll mess something up with the bone hierarchy (?).
    thx, jagpuffy
    1) Load the default male animations into softw(for krall AnimSets(1)=AnimSet'CH_AnimKrall.Anims.K_AnimKrall _Base') that have the taunt. Make 6 new taunts. Insert them over the existing taunts (Taunt_FB_Bringiton,PelvicThrust,etc...). Re-import entire package into UT3 under different name. Create family that references new Animsets.
    2) I use gimp has sections that auto create Normal and specular maps (not very good though) Zbrush has similar.
    3) don't be afraid they all convert over easy, I will convert for u if you have probs. I use Maya as well.

Need help rigging? Just PM me.
    Please support the UT3 community both on the PC and PS3.

MSgt. Shooter Person

looks realy N1C3

p.s.: euchreplayer23, i wait for the Dragon *sssmmiiillleee* i whant flyyyy*s*(now kant fly but very cool pics on it)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Damn rogues...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Could you please fix the link? I'd really want to get these characters

MSgt. Shooter Person

Do the custom players show on servers? I can post the Warcrack characters for your machinima