Default How to keep your content from being deleted off Filefront

If you've been using filefront for your mods, you've probably had your files deleted at one point or another without warnings. Other times, your files may end up in the deletion queue and if you don't log in within three days your stuff also gets deleted.

To keep filefront from doing this, and to make your file a permanent part of Filefront, you have to 'submit' your file to Filefront. It is not enough to just upload it.

To submit your file, while logged in to Filefront, click on the download link for one of your files. You should see a 'Submit to Filefront' link next to the 'manage file' box.

Submit to FileFront
    Upon approval, your file will become part of FileFront's vast file library. This is a great way to promote any gaming-related file to a huge audience. Whether it's a map you've designed or a mod you've programmed, take advantage of the exposure it will receive on FileFront!

Please note: Once a file has been uploaded to the FileFront database you will no longer be able to modify the file.
    Here is a screenshot (click to see the large version):

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Hopefully this will save you from wasted effort. I have a lot of content. Re-uploading and fixing links repeatedly has been painful. Since submitting is a permanent process, I'd recommend you only submit release builds.

MSgt. Shooter Person

You are the king. This will help a lot of people.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Nice announcement. I've been getting constant emails for my files being placed in the deletion queue.

This should also only be used for Final versions of mods/maps/models as well. You may want to add that to the first post.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This should get stickied so it doesn't get lost.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Crayfis

Are you saying only submit releses (ie public beta etc..) or just 'final' releases?
    Are you able to delete 'submitted' files?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSnarf View Post

To submit your file, while logged in to Filefront, click on the download link for one of your files. You should see a 'Submit to Filefront' link next to the 'manage file' box.
    Maybe I'm blind or they changed things around but I'm just not seeing it. I've also had content deleted and this would be helpful but I've looked everywhere and there is no "Submit to Filefront' link anywhere to be found.
    A screenshot would be helpful.

Redeemer

Does anyone even know why the files are deleted? It's a great site, but that has got to be one of the biggest screw ups in the history of the internet.
    My maps: CTF-GRD-Pulse_AE | Vehicle Catapult | TargetPractice Training Map
    Kickin ass for UTForce
    UT3 (PC): Superking15
    PSN: Superking14

MSgt. Shooter Person

If i had to guess it's a matter of falling in line with copywrite laws.

By forcing players to put up a screenshot and a description and finally submit, it really cuts down on illegal use of the site.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: z TW z

Thank you!
    I shall tell my brother now. he was getting pissed because his MP skin got deleated
    ██████████████
    ██████████████
    ██████████████
    ██████████████
    Gears 3: Level 41, Overall K.D: 2.1

Youtube

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheDemonSlick

I lost thirty files..... this time. No emails, nothing. So angry. Bump for good thread.
    Server Admins and PS3 hosts... Your machines are crying out for JUSTICE!!! http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=683493
    The Demon Slick went BOOM!
    http://www.freewebs.com/boomshouse/
    The Skaarj Return! Thanks to EE. http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=680443

Filefront changed again, the submit key (section) seems to have disappeared.
    Please support the UT3 community both on the PC and PS3.

Yep, I see that now. With the site re-design I'm not sure how relevant this thread is. We'll have to see how it goes.

Redeemer

hmmm i dont know if the situation has changed since the orig. owners have taken back over. In the past a map I have submitted was eventually deleted from filefront. Files get deleted when they dont get enough download traffic, so possibly submitting your map to filefront has bought its traffic up to an acceptable level and it hasnt been deleted.
    Im certainly not against submitting to filefront, its another way to promote your map However if they decide to delete it from their library, you will still get the courtesy email with 4 days notice BUT you will not be able to veto the deletion. Peeps should bear this in mind when they submit maps to filefront and also host them on another site as well that doesnt delete. This stops peeps having trouble getting your maps when you go awol (as a few mappers have leaving only dead links)

Please note this info is from when the old management was in effect. I have no idea if the current operators have varied this.
    This signature would self destruct but your anti-virus has already defused it.. :/
    Proudly part of Team Domination. UT3DOM v5.0 is out now! (Code Improvements + 4 missing maps return.)
    DM-Pentecost - DM-Beesting_SE - DM-Carnage Cathedral SE
    Join AussieUT3 clan today.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WICKEDHQ PSN ID: unrealloco

use http://mapraider.com or http://unrealplayground.com for maps
    as for mutators and game mods
    you can use http://unrealcentral.com/news.php or you can use my download site http://files.wickedinsanegaming.com/ on my site i have a limit of 24mb upload still trying to find a way around the size but its there to be used if you guys want

try to stay away from sites with 90 day limits for downloads we have lost alot of nice mods due to people using those type of sites

It seems the 'submit to filefront' button is back, and appears on your content page when you are logged into your account. You should use this button if you don't want your file to end up in the deletion queue

Iron Guard

I have a public FTP server where FINAL releases can be hosted, free. Content will never be deleted and is to be used as a mirror/direct link download.

www.ut-files.com for more information

I am working on a way to get the content updated instantly when submitted, but until then unless it's a compressed file for one of the redirects (updates every hour) then you'll have to wait until I move it to the correct location. There are many ways to contact me, and I generally get online every day.
    www.ut-files.com | The largest Unreal file hosting site.

Redeemer

peeps like skillz, JamieSI and zunnie, are doing a great job of making sure this isnt an issue by mirroring most maps off their own initiative. I love the direct download ut-files offers too. One click and your downloading......

Way better than two pages and mega ads on filefront (with the page loading randomness that the ads seems to give.... )
    Last edited by FragTastic; 01-25-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: do i ever get a post right the first time? lol ;)
    This signature would self destruct but your anti-virus has already defused it.. :/
    Proudly part of Team Domination. UT3DOM v5.0 is out now! (Code Improvements + 4 missing maps return.)
    DM-Pentecost - DM-Beesting_SE - DM-Carnage Cathedral SE
    Join AussieUT3 clan today.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WedgeBob

Yeah, I've been having far better luck with MediaFire than anybody, that I know of. At least there, you're guaranteed with files from that service. That's why I'm only doing beta versions with FileFront, and using MediaFire for final versions of mods or maps from now on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
    Brain.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: idnewton

Big Grin

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang! Woohoo! I'll try this asap! Yeah, my stuff got deleted too. Thx for advice!