Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default OFFICIAL: "I cant download map packs" Thread! [UPDATE]: YES WE CAN! Oops! now we cant

----A N O T H E R U P D A T E-------

Well guys... the joy didnt last. It seems they only let it pass the first day. Or they forgot to put the region lock and then put it again.... either way, something happened and it looks like now the maps cannot be downloaded!

Remember this is not EPIC's fault. It's a Microsoft Gaming Studios decision.

For all of you who didnt get a chance to download them, this thread is yours to use. Keep posting and voicing out your anger on this issue. Remember to leave me the country in which you live in so i can keep updating the list.

Sorry!

---------- U P D A T E -----------

YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!

The maps are now available for download to all Xbox Live regions as for Non-Live regions. No word on Germany and Japan (please let us know here). Finally the Non-LIVE regions gamers are treated with the same respect as everyone.

Thanks EPIC! especially Mark and Rod... thank you both for paying attention and replying my emails. Thank you both for all your efforts in convincing the guys over at MGS. Thank you for caring about our community. You guys rock!! let's hope we never encounter this problem again in future games and DLC so all of us continue to support GEARS!!

And... thanks to all of you for posting and keeping this thread alive. I've been on this fight since GoW1 and never got as much support and results as we did now. WE MADE OUR VOICES HEARD!!

Now... everybody... go download the maps! and FINALLY enjoy them!!

Thanks...

Xtian

------------------------------------------------

Hello:

I live in the Dominican Republic. No restrictions or laws here on gaming whatsoever. I downloaded Golden lancer, Flashback and Combustible map packs without any trouble at all. Waited eagerly for the new map pack. Went to download Snowblind map pack. The next message shows: "Item is not currently available on your location". Im not on Germany or Japan... Why is this happening?

Please, everyone who is having this problem, post here. You need to tell us where you are from and what is your problem. People from Germany and Japan please dont post. You guys know why you can't download. All of us are paying for your countries restrictions.

Countries experiencing problems to download Snowblind Map pack:

- Dominican Republic
    - Spain
    - Netherlands
    - Belgium
    - Russia
    - Dubai
    - Venezuela
    - Ireland
    - UK (some people).
    - Brazil
    - Honduras
    - Costa Rica
    - Saudi Arabia
    - South Korea
    - Macau (Asia)
    - Croatia
    - Kuwait
    - Bahrain
    - Colombia
    - Hungary
    - Trinidad & Tobago
    - Thailand
    - Israel
    - Cayman Islands.
    - Channel Islands UK
    - Iceland
    - Nicaragua
    - Egipt
    - Lithuania
    - El Salvador
    - Taiwan
    - Panama
    - Poland
    - Chile
    Last edited by Xtian; 08-01-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maester07

There's already a thread on this but here goes.

I'm from Spain, same problem even though Gears is legal here and I downloaded the FB and Combustible maps fine.
    Warzoner #1

Get you Warzoner number here!

If you are one of the few that like Submission, then add my GT for a game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maester of War View Post
    There's already a thread on this but here goes.

I'm from Spain, same problem even though Gears is legal here and I downloaded the FB and Combustible maps fine.
    Wow! Spain and UK! there's definitly an issue. I have hope again.

Banned

Heard from Holland and Belgium too on Major Nelson's page.

Banned

Im going to make a list of the Countries that are having this problem as ppl post..

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maester07

Japan and Germany also, although I hear they have rules against Gears.
    Warzoner #1

Get you Warzoner number here!

If you are one of the few that like Submission, then add my GT for a game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maester of War View Post
    Japan and Germany also, although I hear they have rules against Gears.
    Yeah... Japan and Germany dont count! they are who got us in this puzzle in the first place.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IIxzxII

I can help you if you live in germany and are over 18.
    signature removed by admin- over allowed size

same in holland and its just not working

MSgt. Shooter Person

Im from venezuela, i downloaded golden lancer,flashback,combustible whit np, but i cant download snowblind

Banned

Holland and Venezuela! noted.

Banned

heard from Ireland too.

holland ere not working

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FURYCHAOS184

Quote Originally Posted by Xtian View Post
    Wow! Spain and UK! there's definitly an issue. I have hope again.
    It downloads and works fine in the UK.
    My Sig! (Thanks to Ortana)
    THANK YOU III LYCAN III FOR COMMANDO DOM! AND FISHEAD JOHN FOR THE LGS YOU ARE BOTH AWESOME!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SKORGE View Post
    Problem is, Rifles in TPS are somewhat generic. Thats why the Gnasher has such a following, because the CQC and up-close fighting with lots of blood and gore made for intense action (which no other TPS supplies all that much) where as Rifles don't do that a whole lot. In terms of Rifles, GoWJ is the least exciting to be a Rifle-user on. People die in seconds and before you know it, you're moving onto the next person in line. Its too quick and you can't really take in all your work. Everything is too fast, nothing is satisfying.
    Judgment Ranked Stats: K/D: 1.1 W/L: 0.6 LVL: Re-Up 1 46

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x M C L O V 7 N

UKs fine
    (10chars)

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: speedshot419

Just go to the dashboard and change your country,

download it, then change back ur country.

I'm not sure this would work, but go head and try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by qp SizZeRs qp View Post
    I actually started wall bouncing around my kitchen.
    TU6- Massive success.

Banned

ok... i wont put UK then! i was waiting for confirmation, cause someone from the UK posted having problems on major nelson's page.
    Last edited by Xtian; 03-31-2009 at 04:51 PM.

ok... i wont put UK then! i was waiting for confirmation, cause someone from the UK posted having problems on major nelson's page.
    Iam live in UK and i get download not availible in your location or something like that ****ing anoying

Banned

ok... so im getting mixed messages here.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jimm120

I also live in the Dominican Republic and CAN'T get this map pack.

Why oh why doesn't microsoft take my money?!?

"Ok, so just signed up for the Gears Forums just to post this.

I can't access it either. I also live in the Dominican Republic.

Just go to the dashboard and change your country,

download it, then change back ur country."

I can attest to that not working.

I signed up for LIVE in the US and then brought it here to DR. So not only did I sign up over there, but the "country" is listed as USA....so that definitely isn't helping the problem.

The only other time that I've had problems downloading from the xbox because of region has been when people here at gamefaqs found out that you could download previously unreleased items (limited edition stuff) from xbox.com,...which was like a few days AFTER xbox.com allowed you to buy stuff. That is the only time I have had trouble. aside for that, no problems at all.

Banned

yup... the weird part is that we could download both flashback and combustible map packs! I hope they sort this out quick... all my friends are already playing the new maps, doing horde without me

Brazil is also blocked but is funny the fuel maps are released we pay to play poits m $ M $ but the step is in the ball game here in Brazil many people play | M $ is Brazilian does nothing to sit back a bunch of inhuman and we buy the products without it .. the ps3 has no region lock on any dalwd .. and can do up to 5 people together into aa live PSN at this point is better if everyone seems to buy it and XBOX360 games and sony just wanted to see if it would not be reviewed ........ this is a bubble .... thanks ...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Paid T0 Play360

I'm from the U.K, and i downloaded them just fine.

I live in the Middle East but I have an console purchased in the UK registered in the UK. I downloaded flashback and the combustible map packs fine but for some reason snowblind is blocked.

It is very weird as the game is readily available everywhere and all map packs contain the same age rating.

Hope this gets fixed soon I am really looking forward to trying the new maps out!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maxi Power mk2

Doesnt EPIC want my money i find it a joke i bought points just for this and now i cant even use them... great i live in Ireland and i cant get them but my mate who lives litearlly 3 mins away can.

I just want Fuel depot... i am gonna kill someone, Dont even like the game with its problems but Fuel Depot is like a weigth that balances the bad with now good.

Banned

Kraivyne and Maxypower.... please tell us your countries so we can put them on the list

Well currently my location is on the list: Dubai (Middle East)

Epic personal Fassa you something for us here in Brazil on the map pack so that we can have fun like all the world to unlock the damn ip which is restricted to the ....
    > alterar

Brazilian city of Santos Sao Paulo state ...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

yup... the weird part is that we could download both flashback and combustible map packs! I hope they sort this out quick... all my friends are already playing the new maps, doing horde without me
    Actually, the flashback maps are ON THE DISC, so I don't see how they could restrict access to that. But the combustible map pack...if you could download it then they should let you download this one.

I didn't get that first map map because I believe $10 bucks is too much for maps...and especially bad for 3 maps. For 4 maps I feel cheated, but with 3 maps, no way. Only way I get the combustible map pack is if it goes free.

But I was willing to dish out some molah for this pack and this happens....

I'm already peeved at the "matchmaking' in this game and now this?!?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BCD Tytan

I'm in UK & i had no problem d/l it

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTGLxDspartaN

All or most of Latin America is blocked, also the Caribbean, which is considered Latin America. The only was is to change your IP address using some kinda VPN thingy. I'll look for it and post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Shevchenko View Post
    Brazil is also blocked but is funny the fuel maps are released we pay to play poits m $ M $ but the step is in the ball game here in Brazil many people play | M $ is Brazilian does nothing to sit back a bunch of inhuman and we buy the products without it .. the ps3 has no region lock on any dalwd .. and can do up to 5 people together into aa live PSN at this point is better if everyone seems to buy it and XBOX360 games and sony just wanted to see if it would not be reviewed ........ this is a bubble .... thanks ...
    what? i have no idea what you said

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTGLxDspartaN

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

we all know there must be a way to "hide your region" somehow but sheesh, who really wants to do that?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maxi Power mk2

why do you need my country on your list did you not even read my post.

Im from Ireland and my mate who lives 3 mins away has the maps, therefore countries don't make any difference

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bruh Kez

Why can't the German's and Jap's download it?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Laws outlawing certain types of games.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Question to the people living in the Dominican Republic:

1. What service are you guys using to get internet?

I want to know because I am thinking of changing my plan. I'm currently on Verizon's/Codetel's "Plan avanzado 1", which has a 768downstreas/512 upstream connection. I'm paying $1,400 pesos for that.

For the past few months, though, I am getting horrible download speeds when I use my Torrent programs. Torrent programs are used to download stuff (movies/music/etc). I think some companies in the US has also instituted this and they call it "throttling". During the weekdays, around 10:30 - 11:30 AM (until like 11:30PM), my speeds die down to speeds around 3 - 4 kb's, while I'm usually around 85 - 90 kb's. So I am thinking of changing to another internet service.

2. How much does your service provider cost and how reliable is it?

3. Do you download using Torrents? If so, do you also get bad speeds? Do you think it is because of this "throttling"?

I live in germany and i download the snowblind mappack. But when im on 99% they say ,,download fail''. hmm what they make in the microsoft studio? i think they took to much drinks^^. no realy what is that. no one on the world can download the maps. pleas fix the problem microsoft. i pay 10 € for the maps and i get only a big problem that i didn't need.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast