Administrator

Exclamation Re-cooking vehicle maps for PS3

Any maps with vehicles will need to be re-cooked with patch 2.0 for the PS3. If your map was an MSUC finalist or winner, please be sure to re-cook it and get it up onto UT3Mod.com. We're continuously updating the in-game PS3 mod browser, and we are focusing first on getting MSUC winners and finalists represented.

Thanks...Steve

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: plugh

Thanks for the heads up Steve. I have cooked VCTF-Apex_v2 for PS3, and it can be downloaded : here.

This is the first time I've actually cooked a map for PS3 myself, so if a kind PS3 owner would download and test this works, then I would be very grateful. I will be cooking the rest of my maps for PS3 too, once I know this works.
    Last edited by plugh; 12-19-2011 at 03:53 AM. Reason: link updated

snip .....OK will do..
    Last edited by Realdiamond; 03-26-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: plugh

I have updated it, hopefully the map pic now shows up.

Please continue this conversation over on this thread, thanks : http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...=627157&page=2

Boomshot

omg why whe have too recook all the costum vctf maps you no howe many maps there are
    UT3DOM 5.0 IS OUT http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/news.php
    PATCH 2.0 [/url] malcolm is back in ut3
    RANKIN is BACK in ut3
    AT LAST UT3 PS3 NOW HAVE COSTUM SOUND SWEET
    ps3 players all go too this site http://www.iamgaming.com/
    its the best ps3 comunaty for ut3 at ps3

MSgt. Shooter Person

Do all community maps need re-cooked or is it only VCTF? I have been reluctact to download more maps that were released previous v.2.0 as it was reported that many content was crashing the game.

Could you please advise?

Iron Guard

Trying to re-cook my MSUC map and need to ask. Have the cooking rules changed?

Doesn't seem to work, and cannot find the Userdata.jam file.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSNID: Herbyg

Not all mods have to be recooked. Just some mods will have better compatibility and will correct some bugs. Especially maps that contain certain vehicles.

And to Jayoplus, it should be the same. The userdata.jam will be in the root of the drive that you selected. So if you selected the C: it will be in the root even though you might have selected a folder to put it in.
    Shoot me an IM when you get that cooked.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by plugh View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Steve. I have cooked VCTF-Apex_v2 for PS3, and it can be downloaded : here.

This is the first time I've actually cooked a map for PS3 myself, so if a kind PS3 owner would download and test this works, then I would be very grateful. I will be cooking the rest of my maps for PS3 too, once I know this works.
    I'm a PS3 owner and am very interested in your VCTF-Apex. However, I am afraid to test out new custom maps on my PS3 because if it turns out to contain incompatible/corrupt data then it may not be possible to delete only that particular file from the PS3. I don't want to go through the nightmare (again) of having to download & re-install all of my custom maps which I had to do when updating to the latest patch. Do you have any recommendations or advice?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheDemonSlick

I would advise only installing one map, then trying to play. Not like 20 at once. Try it out after you install each map/mod, when you have a problem, take out the last map/mod installed. What's up Narn, hope you're well! Also, if any authors need a cooker, hit me up. Some won't work, most will. Maps with characters other than letters/numbers in the name often have problems, try not to use any "." or things... underscore works ok usually, most characters/symbols do not. Cheers!
    Last edited by The Demon Slick; 04-19-2009 at 10:30 AM.
    Server Admins and PS3 hosts... Your machines are crying out for JUSTICE!!! http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=683493
    The Demon Slick went BOOM!
    http://www.freewebs.com/boomshouse/
    The Skaarj Return! Thanks to EE. http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=680443

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PS3=doominator

SUM1 PLZ COOK INVASION AND OR ASSAULT 4 PS3. IM BEGGING U. PLZ. THOSE WERE MA FAVORITE GAME MODES. I KNOW THERE IS AN ASSAULT GAMETYPE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE. FIND IT. KILL IT. THEN COOK IT. (ok dont kill it)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by The Demon Slick View Post
    I would advise only installing one map, then trying to play. Not like 20 at once. Try it out after you install each map/mod, when you have a problem, take out the last map/mod installed. What's up Narn, hope you're well! Also, if any authors need a cooker, hit me up. Some won't work, most will. Maps with characters other than letters/numbers in the name often have problems, try not to use any "." or things... underscore works ok usually, most characters/symbols do not. Cheers!
    Hi Slick! Thank you for this advice. I'll try out VCTF-Apex and report back here.

I've been OK & I appreciate your asking. How've you been, my friend?