Lightbulb An idea on being chainsawed

Okay some people have agreed with me and strangely some havent..

I have come across the situation where I have been moving and pushing with my fellow teammates and someone comes out of nowhere and chainsaws you.
    Within a second I am chainsawed and the other kid is killed by my buddies shotgun.

You know what I am talking about? When the opposing player doesn't finish the chainsaw animation because he is killed?

I think that if the chainsaw isn't atleast halfway down the body, or if the chainsaw literally touches you for a second and then the opposing player is killed you should be downed (DBNO) considering you technically really didn't get chainsawed. This helps keep the noobs from getting the kill and keeps you alive.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Styromaniac

I like your idea. I don't even hate the chainsaws, but this just plain makes sense. You can take round after round of bullets before you die if you limit your rate of damage, but you can't survive a scratch to the suit by a chainsaw?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kamikaze7590

I don't know though, I mean you have this giant gash in your torso, it wouldn't really make sense. Now if the guy doesn't even put the chainsaw into you and he gets killed then I would be for you still be alive.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Binaca Dumbo

Default I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kami790 View Post
    I don't know though, I mean you have this giant gash in your torso, it wouldn't really make sense. Now if the guy doesn't even put the chainsaw into you and he gets killed then I would be for you still be alive.
    Giant gash? Howzabout 50 metal slugs penetrating your body at high velocity and all you do is get a little red?

Obviously the COG and Locust have some sort of rapid-healing ability (nanomachines? Locust magic?) that gets you back to health after being shot a thousand times, or hit by a bazooka or frag grenade, so why not a chainsaw wound?

Its a cool idea. If the chainsaw is stopped within a certain amount of time by a teammate or whatever, you should only be downed.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I kind of agree since that window is so short and rare, it balances itself out.
    Increase the time it takes to fully heal and you'll increase the use of cover

Dedicated Servers = 95% less bull.