Map - Deathmatch (PC) DM-1on1-Paradox - FINAL [03/09/2009]

Name : DM-1on1-Paradox
    Version : Final
    Compatibility : PC - patch 2.0 & Titan pack installed
    Description : A small tech arena under construction for man to man fair duel.
    Can works well for small DM against up to 8 bots/players or more if you like spread blood !

Comments :
    This map is a remake of my first map on ut2k4 named DM-GoreHouse inspirate by the ut2k4 stock map
    DM-Corrugation.

I have tried to increase the mix (maybe the paradox is here...) between a tech new level and an
    old wood/crapy level in a same map under construction.

Originally not really destinate to be released I have finally decided to use it's symetrical and
    very simple layout to make a atmospheric duel map for ut3, anyway that's the intention.

The gameplay is balanced between 2 styles, the basment level is really tide and it's the opportunity
    for close combat, the upper floor is a large and open space to allow hight range of fire shot,
    for shock riffle and rocket launcher's kings !

This map has obtained the score of 88/100 on it's review on UT Unlimited.
    The complete review by Firefly is here :
    http://utunlimited.beyondunreal.com/...:?page_id=2834

Screenshots :

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    The map under the Udamge seq :

Credits :
    For their Beta tests and constructives feedbacks :
    -Bl!tz, you rock man
    -Keo
    -Odedge
    -Stevelois

download link 1 : DOWNLOAD Filefront.com

download link 2 : DOWNLOAD UnrealPlayground.com

download link 3 : DOWNLOAD map-factory.org

download link 4 : DOWNLOAD beyondunreal.com

Boomshot

thx mate and congratz for that excellent map

Your style rock like hell
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

Nice work as usual Seb. The paradox of the visuals of the map work. The map is nice and polished and plays well. I really like the Udamage sequence, very nice!

Now that I have gone through all of the Kismet and Matinee videos from the CE, I am going to study your maps on how to apply this knowledge. Will I need a big bottle of asprin?

For what it's worth...

I own you!

I own you!
    Aaargghhh, I'm died !!!
    Dam you killing me my friend !!

thx Bros for your nices words

And as for the udamage kismet seq, this one was more easy to make than my previous on TowersArena, damn the hard time I was past on it !
    But you don't need aspirin, it's just take time to archieve some kind of stuff, everybody can do that, and I'm really would see that things on lot's of others custom maps, so come on guys !

MSgt. Shooter Person

Looks good seb m8.
    Downloading

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: calibur909

Quote Originally Posted by Odedge View Post
    Nice work as usual Seb. The paradox of the visuals of the map work. The map is nice and polished and plays well. I really like the Udamage sequence, very nice!

Now that I have gone through all of the Kismet and Matinee videos from the CE, I am going to study your maps on how to apply this knowledge. Will I need a big bottle of asprin?

For what it's worth...

I own you!
    Hey man how did you get the score list on the right hand side?

Quote Originally Posted by [CALIBUR] View Post
    Hey man how did you get the score list on the right hand side?
    Not to steal any of Seb's thunder, check out MapMixer here. It's a front end that allows you to greatly customize your game play (especially for us offline users) by having multiple and custom map lists, bot lists, etc.

Iron Guard

I like it, it's like the disco version of DM-Corrugation (which happens to be one of my favorite 2K4 maps). And with 11 bots, and a few Titans, we did indeed 'spread the blood'.
    If it can't be modded, it ain't worth ****.

Quote Originally Posted by 4TX4 View Post
    I like it, it's like the disco version of DM-Corrugation (which happens to be one of my favorite 2K4 maps). And with 11 bots, and a few Titans, we did indeed 'spread the blood'.
    Yes was one of my favorite too, and thx for comments
    I never tried yet the titan mutator on it since this map is not really fitted for that...but why not

I think to make a new map dedicated especially for the titan mutator actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Odedge View Post
    This map just got review by UT Unlimited with a score of 88 (out of 100). Nice job.
    Thx to advise me that the review is done, I just read it
    It's make my day

Redeemer

Thanks Seb d\ling this atm
    This signature would self destruct but your anti-virus has already defused it.. :/
    Proudly part of Team Domination. UT3DOM v5.0 is out now! (Code Improvements + 4 missing maps return.)
    DM-Pentecost - DM-Beesting_SE - DM-Carnage Cathedral SE
    Join AussieUT3 clan today.

Iron Guard
    www.ut-files.com | The largest Unreal file hosting site.

Redeemer

Cool

One thing I noticed almost immediately is the good music choice; in fact, I noticed the music in this one more than a lot of maps out there and that's a good thing. This is a very different map with different-colored slightly-changing lit areas and the "paradox" of two different themes goes into play as well. The gameplay seems almost flat until you discover the underground areas with jumppads and tight gameplay to break things up a bit; the bot is not bad either. You're playing in semi-darkness in places with steam coming in and the floors of this place are interesting. I like the comment about this being the disco version of Corrugation. Um, also, you fail at zip file naming.

Question Kismet Problem

I am using kismet in my map (DM-HardFall) similar to what DM-1on1-Paradox has for the large lights above the U-Damage. The surface of the light is controlled from kismet via a material instance param. I noticed that the lights in my map do not work online (and in demo playback), so I tried comparing what I have to DM-1on1-Paradox. I was surprised to find that Paradox has the same issue-- at least in demo playback. I'm assuming Paradox also has the problem online.

Does anyone know why this does not work? Is it just a bug in UT3? Any suggestions to get it working?

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Cool

Fun map with two different themes: industrial at the top and wood at the bottom; that why this map is consumably a "paradox". On both themes: great lighting, visuals, layout, sounds, music, jumppads to the industrial theme, and weapon/item placement. Tight gameplay and the bots (2-8 players) are fun, on which theme you choose to discover and frag.

Download Link #4: BeyondUnreal is dead at the first post.
    Additional mirror by GameBanana: http://ut3.gamebanana.com/maps/87644
    Additional mirror by Unreal.ie: ftp://ftp.unreal.ie/unreal.ie/ut3/ma...aradox-NOVA.7z
    Additional mirror by UT-Files: http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...1onParadox.zip
    Additional mirror by UTzone.de: http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=3363