MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gearacdc

Default Idea's for a Gears Diorama

I am looking to make a Gears Diorama for my NECA Figures, and I don't know where to start. It would be cool if someone could give me some ideas. Such what type of Meterials to use, where I could find such stuff, how it should go together. Maybe Post some pics of a Diorama you made so I could get some ideas. This will be the frist one I have ever done. So I would like some help.

Thanks

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Megatron3107

Im going to try make a diorama of the day one map in MP, but cut in half and with the e-hole moved between the two buildings. If it turns out good ill try make the whole day one map, bit ambitious i know but meh
    I can no longer defend Gears of War as of 15/12/2012
    "play as you want" unless you want to play as locust...you can't do that...
    My purchase of GOWJ now rests firmly on whether or not HORDE and/or BEAST are returning as seperate game modes
    not touching regular MP with a 10ft sterilised barge pole...being held by someone else...who I dont like...

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain Rex C67

I'm creating one too.
    The plan is to make a box from 1-2cm thick wood. I'm going to either have the front covered with clear perspex, or have the top and front covered in perspex to allow more light in. On the back wall, I'm thinking of sticking the background image from the boxsets of figures, with a brick effect wall all ruined in front of it as to show as if the Raven is flying from behind the wall. I'm having a road in the middle with two raised sections (one on each side) to act as pavements.

I'm going to use concrete effect spraypaints for the floors mixed with other paints to add weathering. For cover, I'm using blocks of shaped clay with chicken wire hanging out of it so that they look like the concrete pillars from the actual game. On each side of the road, I'm using doors I found at a craft shop that I presume should be used in a dolls house. These will give the effect of buildings in the area.

Also I've got some little LED circuits that I'm going to use in some damaged street lights I'm going to feature. These can make a flickering effect, or a standard on/off.

I'm debating now whether to keep an area clear to add a Troika turret but only if I'm sure NECA are making one.

Roughly, I'm creating a diorama 1.5m long and about 0.75m wide.
    Last edited by c SPARTAN117 c; 03-08-2009 at 07:52 PM.
    Gears of War Judgment: 1500/1500 Gamerscore
    Gears of War : 1250/1250 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 2: 1750/1750 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 3: 2000/2000 Gamerscore
    Custom Lancer Replica: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...t28061540Gears

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BadBradC

I'm just starting on my diorama and wondered if you guys ever made any progress with yours. I have my materials and now I need some inspiration, have any pictures of what you created??? =]

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Red Mosquito MW

I've done a small single figure display diorama. I am planning on making one for the four main delta characters. There are photos on my linked photobucket page b

To construct it I used a craft wood base I got from the local hardware. Using craft glue I stuck various pieces of crumbled styrofoam which look like rubble. I them glued sand in various areas. I then painted th whole thing black and dry brushed it with different grays. I then stuck some lichen I got from the hobby store as foliage.

I was going for a burnt out post hammer strike look. Depending on how my larger o e works I am going to try and do nexus themed locust display.

Spartan117 yours sounds great would love to see how it turns out.
    Check out my Gears of War Customs http://s625.photobucket.com/albums/tt339/linwoodm/

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BadBradC

Wow, that looks great mlinwood. Thanks for the tips and I can't wait to see your larger version.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Spartan what are concrete effect spray paint and where do you get them? They look great love you diorama.
    Check out my Gears of War Customs http://s625.photobucket.com/albums/tt339/linwoodm/

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BadBradC View Post
    Wow, that looks great mlinwood. Thanks for the tips and I can't wait to see your larger version.
    I'll post pics when finished haven't started yet.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain Rex C67

Quote Originally Posted by mlinwood View Post
    Spartan what are concrete effect spray paint and where do you get them? They look great love you diorama.
    I used plasti-kote projekt paint Stone Touch (yes it is spelt that way), in particular the Manhattan Mist colour. Works great, and doesn't rub off like other paints on the market.

For anyone who wants ideas, feel free to look at my diorama in the thread I made. It'll give you some ideas for your own I'd imagine.
    Gears of War Judgment: 1500/1500 Gamerscore
    Gears of War : 1250/1250 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 2: 1750/1750 Gamerscore
    Gears of War 3: 2000/2000 Gamerscore
    Custom Lancer Replica: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...t28061540Gears

Redeemer

cool diorama mlinwood...again wish I was as crafty as you.