Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person

Unhappy There is no linux 2.0 patch :(

Please tell us if any linux support is in the works, alot of people want to run linux servers for the game.
    CYZmassacre! in the 14v14 EU v USA warfare tourney
    Find me on IRC #mi5 on quakenet.org, we currently play UT3 Warfare, Greed, Betrayal & Invasion

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hello Cyzmyass,

thanks for that information. I already had the fear. EPIC is really not that what it was. Nearly on every part they fails. Only the console as far as I can terminatinate that. But this was it what EPIC wants, the step to consoles, congrats for the new studios which really breaks down with all tradition. And this thread will be locked.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung
    eSport-Community and [eSC] Clan
    http://esportcommunity.com

Bring BACK BombingRun and DoubleDomination

Iron Guard

Epic hasn't said either way on 2.0 and Linux and maybe they won't have one. But, it wouldn't have come out at the same time anyway since the coding for that is outsourced and those versions most always have come out later. I don't understand why is so difficult for the Linux people to understand this.
    Slaughter's Place Forums | Game Server: Quad-Core Xeon co-located in St. Louis, MO USA
    BattleFreeztagArena/BattleTeamArena: 64.37.73.205

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hello Slaughter,

this is usally. Maybe your are new to the Unreal Universe, if not then you know what much features in menu UT2kx got. Then the linux installer on retail DVD. Good stability. EPIC really spend to much effort in console. So we can happy to got a Add IP option now on patch 2.0. Thats crazy. Understand it or not. Really at this point I can not discuss.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hello Harmerty,

as I said I can only observe this based on narrativs of console player. Yes I am not a good player (not a really bloody moron), but this says nothing about my knowledge. I played UT since the first days with a 33.6 k, so I know about the EPIC (formelly MEGAGAMES) background. Your statement of the console version only confirms my opinion about EPICs Evolution, if the console version is also that bad. But I won┤t to start a battle about this.

I only check the facts of the evolution of Unreal Tournament and these are undeniable facts. Main Consumers aside. EPIC needs critic consumers, and not only yes sayers, which know about the universe. I really ment that critic good, because I still believe in UT, otherwise I wouldn┤t be here or? And the new patches are a good way forward.

For example I also understand that EPIC wants to envolve the menu because Americans love easy menus and console players maybe needs it, but not on the cost of complexity like these many options in the older series. Come on Add IP in favorites and all these function so late, which I expected from the first release. I generally expect more from a successor. Only the graphics really envolved and also those not in UE like steps. The new features of UT3 are removed features from UT and UT2kx.

Hi,

I want an official statement now from an epic games employe when the packages for the UT3 LINUX server are released?

I cannot unterstand Epic that they release it later than the windows server.
    Do not the same mistakes like at gamerelease!!

thx for information.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Epic hasn't said either way on 2.0 and Linux and maybe they won't have one.
    I find this troublesome, would be nice of them to acknowledge our frustration.
    CYZmassacre! in the 14v14 EU v USA warfare tourney
    Find me on IRC #mi5 on quakenet.org, we currently play UT3 Warfare, Greed, Betrayal & Invasion

I also want some date of when patch 2.0 will be realised for LINUX SERVERS.
    there are much admins than have linux servers and all our ut3 server are with BETA patch 1.3, if Epic have out linux server then need support it also
    >UT3 INVASION RPG www.servidoresunreal.com< 62.75.202.132:7777
    www.servidoresunreal.com

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think after 3 month without answer on a 1.3 linux final patch to have an official answer on this : do you release this time the patch (final version not beta who don't work !) for linuw servers ?
    http://www.unreal.fr

Community Unreal.fr :
    Steam
    Xfire

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by General.Jung View Post
    Hello Slaughter,

this is usally. Maybe your are new to the Unreal Universe, if not then you know what much features in menu UT2kx got. Then the linux installer on retail DVD. Good stability. EPIC really spend to much effort in console. So we can happy to got a Add IP option now on patch 2.0. Thats crazy. Understand it or not. Really at this point I can not discuss.
    I am talking UT3 here. I've been around since Unreal 1 and understand it was different w/UT2004. But the releases have been different for Linux this time and don't understand why people would expect anything different for this patch, especially if none of the questions have (yet) received an official answer. That is all I meant.
    Slaughter's Place Forums | Game Server: Quad-Core Xeon co-located in St. Louis, MO USA

Boomshot

yeah plz tell us if something will happen or if we ll have to still on patch 1.3 beta for some month more?

....are linux servers punished?

....oh...and thx for that awesome update ; )
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hello Slaughter,

the patch 2.0 is really a step forward. But I won┤t say a big thanks for that, because much things are take for granted. The only thing at the moment I expect from EPIC instantly is the release of the Linux Server Binaries, maybe for the moment as beta again.

Banned

HOnestly after all this time I really believed the linux server files would have caught up to the current release.

FFS, total joke. Holding your breath is totally dillusional. Just do it to feel better about your money spent on UT3, it might just fool you long enough for another year.

Steve said this in the admin mailing list

"We are currently testing a Linux server RC."

"We’re investigating a couple of issues test has reported. Having a Linux beta for you guys to play with this weekend is certainly our goal. We had hoped to have the Linux version more in synch with the release of the windows version, but unfortunately it didn’t work out."
    Is a nice info than they are working on it
    www.servidoresunreal.com

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hello gaunlet,

thanks for that update. I just send a mail at the mailing list, but I still got no answer or any confimation. They also did not send any request for a admin proof or evidence. So let us hope it will be released this weekend. A offical post here in this forum would also be no fracture of the leg.
    Last edited by General.Jung; 03-06-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Iron Guard

Any updates??... Now i have a linux server up and running i just need to patch it and install the pack on it.

Please let us know if you get any update regarding this matter.

Thanks
    Xfire: Add Me | My Profile

MSgt. Shooter Person

Anything new? I'm still waiting for the linux files, I can't setup the server ;/

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3GHz, 1333FSB, 6MB Cache, LGA775, 45nm, BOX
    MOBO: LGA775 ASUS P5Q SE
    RAM: Patriot EXTREME PERFORMANCE 2x2048MB 800MHz DDR2 Low Latency (4-4-4-12) DIMM
    GPU: ZOTAC GF 9800GT SYNERGY Edition, 512MB DDR3 (256bit), HDTV/2xDualDVI, PCI-E, BOX
    HDD: Seagate ST3250410AS 250GB sATA II 16MB
    DVD-RW: NEC 4571A LabelFlash
    Chieftec (GPS-450AA-101A) 450W
    PixelView Play TV PAK (11-letni!)
    RazerPro 1.6

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hello Guys,

that really unprofessional also for us because normal players doesn┤t know about the background why they can┤t join our server.

Iron Guard

"We are currently testing a Linux server RC."

"We’re investigating a couple of issues test has reported. Having a Linux beta for you guys to play with this weekend is certainly our goal. We had hoped to have the Linux version more in synch with the release of the windows version, but unfortunately it didn’t work out."
    I can confirm that Steve Polge did say this in the admin list.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by gaunlet View Post
    Is a nice info than they are working on it
    sure it is; thx for sharing it.....hav missed it;hope is back
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W

All linux admins than are in the admin list see in yours E-mails.
    There is a great surprise. lol
    www.servidoresunreal.com

Iron Guard

Uhmm... but i'm not on the list i think

Boomshot

neither am i

Hi,
    And haw can I get this "surprise"? I'm not in the admins list.

Boomshot

hey mate , can you please share more info on that ?
    even with us ;not registred admins .....i reckon it s a shame to not be on admin list but it s just first time i hear speaking of that list....no luck.....again !

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hello Forum,

I also want to get more information about that suprise, because it seems that I am still not in the admin list. Just went in yesterday. It is quite unfair talk about a suprise without any source. Because there isn┤t any NDA. So inform us about this great suprise please. Or does the lol means your are only joking. Because there isn┤t any place for fun.
    Last edited by General.Jung; 03-07-2009 at 07:05 AM.

In the admin mailing list there is the download of the beta patch v2.0 linux servers but is a closed beta and i can┤t put this link.
    Sorry for not put more info of this "surprise"
    I yesterday put this post thinking than more of yours linux admins were in admin mailing list.

Sorry if this makes some confusion

Gaunlet
    www.servidoresunreal.com

Boomshot

thx gaunlet m8 and np....you re finally the first one to share some information ;can you please tell us where we can register on that adminlist( link or name of the place)....we will probably have to register there for next patches ....muhahaha

When i register in the mailing list i asked this to the moderators.
    I think all of yours than want have to ask too

Gaunlet
    www.servidoresunreal.com

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hello gaunlet,

thanks for your information and sorry for my stress. I am very unhappy about EPICs release policy especially in linux.

@{BFG}Bl!tz~:

Here is a forum post about the admin list, but I still not recieved an answer.

Source: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=658405

Iron Guard

Thanks for sharing
    I'll wait till the official release

Just a question.. Both the titan pack and the patch 2.0 are still not released for linux right?

I ask for put the titan patch in this beta and tell me than i can put it
    What i am making is, apply the beta patch, extract the titan windows patch and upload all files in the correct folder.
    Today i have all uploaded and tell to yours what happens, at the moment the server start with galtanors invasion and other mutators, but i have to test to conect to them.

Gaunlet
    www.servidoresunreal.com

Boomshot

thx for sharing mates ; -)

Iron Guard

Great news mate
    Once you get an update just tell us... i want a titan and necris maps on the server

Thanks

Really thanks to share those infos with Linux servers administrators

I really hope we can upgrade our servers in few days ^^

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have a linux 2.0 beta server and the titan pack maps didnt show up on map lists, etc. I uploaded manually DM-Turbine to the server and it worked fine, so no problems with the titan content, i guess
    #kaosclan or #ut.pt @Quakenet to reach me!

Administrating THE .PT UT3 Server: 194.65.14.106:7777

XLParty's UT3 tourney admin (biggest portuguese LAN).

Good news ... cant wait this week-end to test this release

IMO.... I think Epic needs to spend a little more time with testing before they release another game. Have more people be allowed to put up beta servers and give feedback. Wtg?....I'll host one! I do realize time is money but I can see myself spending even $5.00 more for a game if it comes more complete. What I mean by that is, Have it come out with less bugs and have it both linux and windows ready. It's totally ridicules that us linux dedicated owners have to sit back and watch other people benifit when we are spending the same money for the damn game. It's no wonder COD server's are running away with it ( Which we have.... ). And Activision sux!

Any who..... Come get some azz whoopin at www.sbzclan.com

Thanks for listening....

Am I right that the ladderborad is not available for patch 1.3 server?
    If it is so ... all good ping server (below 50) in mid Europe are pwnd.

but don't care

It is mutch harded to play active in a gaming league. Server runs 1.3 client runs 2.0 well u could play but the demoplayback didn't work @ 2.0 client demoreced on an 1.3 Server!

It's to hard to see the priority to bring patch just on windows.
    I thought the 1.3 beta was a failing that didn't come back in 2.0

BTW:
    I don't like mailinglists but i have no choice!
    Could someone please put the 2.0 beta in the mailinglist?
    I just read 10k PS3-Server-Mails which don't impress me much to be a part of this list.
    Last edited by FrozenFire; 03-14-2009 at 02:41 AM.
    I would like to bind the scoreboard on TAB in UT3 like in UT2k4.

If someone knows what I could do plz PM me

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFire View Post
    I just read 10k PS3-Server-Mails which don't impress me much to be a part of this list.
    Yeah, how dare they put out a server for a client system that actually makes them a good amount of money and talk about it on the list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast