The Titan Pack and the Unreal Tournament 3 patch to version 2.0 are imminent! We'll be releasing them both tomorrow (Thursday, March 5) for PC.
Remember that you can activate your retail copy of Unreal Tournament 3 for Steam, using the CD key. (Remember to remove your old UT3 install, so there aren't any conflicts). Steam activated UT3 clients will automatically be updated with the patch and the Titan Pack tomorrow.
With these updates, Unreal Tournament 3 will have the following new features:
- Two new game types: Greed, a “tug of war” skull-toting team points battle, and Betrayal, a cutthroat style of play where alliances and teams can shift fluidly through a match.
- The Titan Mutator, where you can become a 30 foot tall behemoth in any game mode.
- Nineteen maps for Deathmatch, CTF, Vehicle CTF and Warfare modes, including 11 new maps plus eight popular maps from the first UT3 bonus pack and Xbox 360 version.
- New vehicles and pickups, including the X-Ray field deployable, the link station deployable for vehicle repair, the slow field powerup, the Stealthbender vehicle, the Eradicator artillery piece, and the Stinger rail turret.
- Client-side demo recording.
- Revamped User Interface, including an improved server browser, improved server filtering options, all new advanced options menu, streamlined and polished the whole system.
- Awards: Fifty-seven different awards mark your progress and mastery of UT3. Progress screen in the UI shows which awards you have earned, and your current progress on awards not yet completed.
- Maplists and voting: New maplist system and mid-game voting support for gametypes and mutators as well as maps.
For those who would like to see preview coverage: