Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XCH3MiiCAL

Lightbulb !!epic read!! New chainsaw idea !!epic read!!

In a chainsaw fight if you loose you think ,how did i loose that i was hitting the "B" button faster.
    Well insted of having "TIE'S" and people who win ,and people who loose.
    How about the same time of having a chainsaw fight like 3 seconds or W.E it is ,but you have it were who ever hit's the "B" button the most not the fastest.
    And once the duel is over it should say Example:XCH3MiiCAL-200 Sniper drone-139 and then i think people would understand that they have won/lost.
    If you dont understand what i meen by XCH3MiiCAL-200 and Sniper drone-139 what i meen by that it's the ammount of time's you have hit the "B" button.
    Any way i no what you have been thinking ,is what happen's when you have a "TIE" what should happen is it shows "OVERTIME"-like extra 3 seconds to have another chainsaw fight.
    HELP PEOPLE HEAR THIS!

HTML Code:
    [URL="http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=662093"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"][U][B]NEW CHAINSAW DUEL'S[/B][/U][/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL]
    It should look something like this..

NEW CHAINSAW DUEL'S

THE DAY GEARS 2 MP STOOD STILL!

So what do you think ?

XCH3MiiCAL.
    Last edited by XCH3MiiCAL; 02-25-2009 at 06:16 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

umm, im pretty sure if someone hits a button 30 times per second will get more hits in than someone who hits 10 times per second,

most and fastest is equivalent in an example were time is used as a constraint.

im sure your on the right track though

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UKS BulletPoint

People can't question the game as they don't know what the other person's tapping speed was but you can still accept the game's outcome without it having to prove it. The game is unbiased and doesn't judge the outcome on anything but the tapping speed, which is obviously proportional to the number of presses anyway as it determines it. It's word is final and you can trust it's decision in 100% of cases. Just accept the outcome, it will be right.

I don't really like the 'overtime' idea. Team mates usually kill one of the duel participants before it ends and an extra 3 seconds is too long for people to be standing still and fixed on one target in the middle of a firefight. The 'tie' breakaway is fine as people can make their own decision as to whether they should reenter the chainsaw duel or to take cover and start shooting. I'm not a fan of the Lancer but I hate when teammates get killed as they can't protect themselves from other enemies. Forcing people to stand on the spot for longer is a terrible change in my opinion.
    Last edited by UKS_BulletPoint; 02-25-2009 at 05:28 AM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by UKS_BulletPoint View Post
    People can't question the game as they don't know what the other person's tapping speed was but you can still accept the game's outcome without it having to prove it. The game is unbiased and doesn't judge the outcome on anything but the tapping speed, which is obviously proportional to the number of presses anyway as it determines it. It's word is final and you can trust it's decision in 100% of cases. Just accept the outcome, it will be right.

I don't really like the 'overtime' idea. Team mates usually kill one of the duel participants before it ends and an extra 3 seconds is too long for people to be standing still and fixed on one target in the middle of a firefight. The 'tie' breakaway is fine as people can make their own decision as to whether they should reenter the chainsaw duel or to take cover and start shooting. I'm not a fan of the Lancer but I hate when teammates get killed as they can't protect themselves from other enemies. Forcing people to stand on the spot for longer is a terrible change in my opinion.
    But what if its 1v1 ?

NEW CHAINSAW DUEL'S

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by XCH3MiiCAL View Post
    But what if its 1v1 ?

NEW CHAINSAW DUEL'S
    If its one versus one, people should still be able to make their own decisions after that. The chainsaw duels do look epic but they are not the 'new' Gears of War as EPIC seem to want it. Its not tactical to run in and enter a duel. Some players will obviously have a lower maximum tapping speed so they could see it as a blessing if they tie so can run off a prepare to attack the other player. The tactical side of Gears of War is usually ambushing, using grenades to cover your back and using shields, not chainsaw duels. If EPIC want it to be tactical, I hope they won't force people to constantly reenter chainsaw duels.

EPIC said in one of their original videos for Gears of War 2 that the chainsaw duel only lasted about 3 seconds because players can't be vulnerable for longer periods of time. Why have a 'tie' outcome at all if you're going to make people play until one loses anyway? Why not just make them duel until one wins?

Banned

But what's the point in this? If you lost the dual it means the other guy was faster than you. Its pretty simple already.

Whoever is pressing the B button fastest will have pressed it the most times.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DJWhizzkidd View Post
    But what's the point in this? If you lost the dual it means the other guy was faster than you. Its pretty simple already.

Whoever is pressing the B button fastest will have pressed it the most times.
    Yes but then you would know who hit it the most :S

Banned

Yeah. The guy that won the dual I would imagine !

How about every time you get killed in the game, it brings up detailed stats on who hit who and which bullets did x amount of damage?

do you see my point?

You are adding needless complexity to a simple mechanic.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DJWhizzkidd View Post
    Yeah. The guy that won the dual I would imagine !

How about every time you get killed in the game, it brings up detailed stats on who hit who and which bullets did x amount of damage?

do you see my point?

You are adding needless complexity to a simple mechanic.
    Ok yes that a pretty fair way.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Just leave it. The system is unbiased and will award the win to whoever pressed it the most. You don't need figures, you may get angry that you lost but the engine is doing its job. If you lose, its because you deserve to lose.

MSgt. Shooter Person

O YEAH the game doesnt count as who presses it most anyways, or fastest, as said by cliffy theres something in the game that side determines a winner.

Banned

i see what you are talking about but it's highly unlikely that they would do that though

MSgt. Shooter Person

In a chainsaw fight if you loose you think ,how did i loose that i was hitting the "B" button faster.
    Well insted of having "TIE'S" and people who win ,and people who loose.
    How about the same time of having a chainsaw fight like 3 seconds or W.E it is ,but you have it were who ever hit's the "B" button the most not the fastest.
    And once the duel is over it should say Example:XCH3MiiCAL-200 Sniper drone-139 and then i think people would understand that they have won/lost.
    If you dont understand what i meen by XCH3MiiCAL-200 and Sniper drone-139 what i meen by that it's the ammount of time's you have hit the "B" button.
    Any way i no what you have been thinking ,is what happen's when you have a "TIE" what should happen is it shows "OVERTIME"-like extra 3 seconds to have another chainsaw fight.
    HELP PEOPLE HEAR THIS!

HTML Code:
    [URL="http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=662093"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"][U][B]NEW CHAINSAW DUEL'S[/B][/U][/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL]
    It should look something like this..

NEW CHAINSAW DUEL'S

THE DAY GEARS 2 MP STOOD STILL!

So what do you think ?

XCH3MiiCAL.
    Actually, the person who hits the B button the most wins, not the fastest. So, yeah, sorry, kinda blew your post away.
    Gears 2 has become what it should've been a long time ago. Now they just need to fix their ALI (Artificial Lack of Intelligence).

TOP 200 Social Warzone