Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thanks guys . It means a lot. Maybe when I finish my Degree I will find something!

Sawyer does instant kill in all of my tests. I can't account for other muts that might be handling/changing the rules when someone dies or takes damage etc... However having said that it may be just an online problem. In anycase I will take a look when I do the small fix file (I plan to release a tiny .u with some slightly modified doommonsters)

Thumbs up good job INIQUITOUS !

wow amazing monster pack !
    thank you so much for making lots of nice monsters
    = Buffy The Jedi Knight =

INIQUITOUS you created the best monster pack ever! Your a legend INI and I hope allot of people are trying to follow in your footsteps which your tutorials begin to shine light in the right direction. Oh, did you contact Dirty to host the Vault? It could be a really petite version of the website so its not as troublesome to manage but still serves it's purpose well. It could even just be an ftp.

P.S. I cant even code but I know enough to realize that you and GoPostal are blazing a trial that is history in the making and I love what you did with your website INI.
    Last edited by vectoravtech; 07-01-2009 at 02:16 AM.
    Quad Q6600 Kentsfeild LGA775 CPU, 4gig nonecc, OCZ Platinum Memory, E Geforce 8800 GTS 640mb Video Card, GSA-4163B LG dvd rewriter, 1 250GB sata, This is my Tech links page: http://vectoravtech.webs.com/apps/links/ My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/vectoravtech and here's my Soundcloud account: http://soundcloud.com/vectoravtech

Smile

thank you. i'm glad you like the monsters and the site. I have been unable to retrieve my forum, I tried for a long time to get everyones email addresses so I could let you all know what happened.

On my new site I have a small chat box page with a private pastebin where you can ask quick questions or leave nice comments. If anyone wants to or feels brave enough to host a small and simple forum then please do! I have all of the vault files on my new site and wil create a page for them shortly. The link may appear on my resources page. If anyone wants to create a second vault the by all means please do! Two backups of all the monster files is better than 1.

Quote Originally Posted by tgroombr View Post
    Tony's Monsters Version 1 released!

Official thread here:

http://agutgopostal.com/forums/index.php?topic=101.0

Download link here:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/9/...MonstersV1.zip
    Hey Tony these are really cool monsters, I especially like the Flesh Binder, with his flamethrower, multi-range attacks, custom sounds and skin. I am quoting his post since the forums are down and to get more people to try these monsters!
    Last edited by shredd; 07-03-2009 at 08:09 AM.
    A.K.A. Dorian and Valek.

Hey Monster lovers! I am re-doing the QuakeMonster pack. Turning them all into Skeletal Meshes to reduce the filesize by about 20mb. I'm also creating another new monster, I have finished modeling, rigging, animating and texturing the monster, it just needs code now.

Here are some sneak preview shots. Its the final boss from Quake.

Were can I get Tony's monster pack from since GoPo was forced to again?
    Quad Q6600 Kentsfeild LGA775 CPU, 4gig nonecc, OCZ Platinum Memory, E Geforce 8800 GTS 640mb Video Card, GSA-4163B LG dvd rewriter, 1 250GB sata, This is my Tech links page: http://vectoravtech.webs.com/apps/links/ My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/vectoravtech and here's my Soundcloud account: http://soundcloud.com/vectoravtech

Redeemer

*Pulls out shovel and buries his monster idea* Never caught on. TT_TT
    Official Idea Creator.

Number of Ideas created: 5

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by vectoravtech View Post
    Were can I get Tony's monster pack from since GoPo was forced to again?

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/9/...MonstersV1.zip

I decided I didn't like that Shubby, so today i've made this new one

I'm also making the Tarbaby and Chthon monster (first boss in Quake), for the quake pack. Wish me luck!

Here is a preview of the new Shub-Niggurath

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by INIQUITOUS View Post
    I decided I didn't like that Shubby, so today i've made this new one

I'm also making the Tarbaby and Chthon monster (first boss in Quake), for the quake pack. Wish me luck!

Here is a preview of the new Shub-Niggurath

Cool...

I've finished the new quake pack! I hope there are not many bugs. The pack now consists of 7 monsters (3 brand new).

download 2009QuakeMonsterPack

Read the readme for full instructions, don't forget to use the mutator, and have fun!

Here are pics of the new monsters..

Thumbs up very new pack as always ~!

thank you for always making new monster pack !

Last edited by BuffyTheSlayer; 07-21-2009 at 02:20 AM.

Iron Guard

OMG ini these are really cool. You are truly the king of monster making and tweaking. Well done bud..

Glad you like them

Here are 2 more re-done monsters for 2009. This time its Lucifer and Droids turn!
    The droid now has an energy shield, lucifer has new attacks, and an option to fix his death animation (so he doesnt float) has been included.

Here are some previews.

Both available on this page: Ini's monsters!

Question some new monsters have same name file what do ?

UPDATE_YOUR_Monsters2009
    raptor and lucifar have same name so cant install both

What do you mean Buffy?

The Monsters2009.ini file should be looking something like this...

[2009Raptorv3.RaptorMonster]
    UseConfigs=true
    RaptorHealth=250
    RaptorGroundSpeed=650
    JumpHeight=850
    DisableOverlayIllusion=false

[2009Droid2k4.Droideka]
    UseConfigs=True
    DroidekaHealth=200
    bCanUsePowerShield=true
    MaxShieldPower=200
    ShieldChargeRate=1.250000

[2009Lucifer.LuciferMonster]
    UseConfigs=True
    LuciferHealth=200
    FixDeathAnim=true

[2009QuakeMonsterPack.MutQuakeMonsters]
    UseConfigs=true
    FiendHealth=25
    etc...

Question I mean I seeing 2 "UPDATE_YOUR_Monsters2009" ini file

in 2009Droid2k4 zip & 2009Lucifer zip both
    it same name so other one going to over write so how can I install Lucifer & Droid2k4 both ini file ?
    Last edited by BuffyTheSlayer; 07-21-2009 at 09:06 AM.

The "UPDATE_YOUR_Monsters2009" file is just a file to show you the new configs. You can ignore it.

You should just have 1 Monsters2009.ini file

Here is a link to my own Monsters2009.ini file. Monsters2009.ini Yours should look something like this (depending on which monsters you have)

You can right click and save the link to download the file.

Question oh I see lol

Quote Originally Posted by INIQUITOUS View Post
    The "UPDATE_YOUR_Monsters2009" file is just a file to show you the new configs. You can ignore it.

You should just have 1 Monsters2009.ini file

Here is a link to my own Monsters2009.ini file. Monsters2009.ini Yours should look something like this (depending on which monsters you have)

You can right click and save the link to download the file.
    I have all monsters you made and all ini files coming with too it many ini files in my System folder right now
    do I have to add all other monster's info to "Monsters2009.ini file" and delete all other ini files ?
    and every time when I install new monster have to add too ?
    sorry little confused
    Last edited by BuffyTheSlayer; 07-22-2009 at 02:41 AM.

Yup add the 2009 monsters to the monsters2009 ini file, just like in the link I provided.

Thumbs up omg I didnt delete all old ini files

I have all old monster INI file in my System folder
    now I delets all old files
    my brain is clear now
    thanks !

Np, I am making them all configurable in the same file, so you don't have hundreds of .ini files!!

2009Effigy + 2009Magdalena are now ready I'm rushing to get these monsters out because I have very little time due to my studies, so please forgve any mistakes.

As always read the readme, here are some low-res screenshots.

The monsters are available on this page.

Invasion Monsters!

have fun!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Ini these are awesome as usual
    really like the new lucifers

Thanks Snuffy

I've just finished the new dragons. 2009Dragonv2 is now available to download Here. It features 8 dragons this time, many many changes. Please read the readme! The mutator included is required for play.

There are rumors of a 9th dragon ... hehe *evil laugh*

Broken link?
    A.K.A. Dorian and Valek.

The zip is still uploading as we speak! heh Try again in 5 minutes!

p.s This may be my last monster/pack due to real life things. I don't intend to make any more for a long time, however I hope to find time to squeeze one or two out as I really want to create a decent facehugger. I feel its one of the few monsters remaining that needs a makeover still.

Have fun monster lovers!

Oh wow. Well I have gmail notifier, and subscribe to this thread Wasn't aware that your post was This recent. So obviously I'm going to check them out right away! You continue to do great work, I use your monsters on my server and we have a great time. One thing we still can't stop laughing at is my entire wave of the Doom zombies who say something resembling "mmm boy...". Also, Effigy and Magdalena are wonderful. You did a superb job on the animations, among other things. Their attacks are very cool ( although I shied away from the redeemer attack :P ) The Droid is neat, players laugh at its 'backflip celebration' and think the recharging shield is cool. Finally, I have an entire (later) wave of 99 Pikachus which continue to cause players to flee in terror! You are definitely a force to be reckoned with in the Unreal Community, Iniquitous.
    A.K.A. Dorian and Valek.

I tried out the dragons, great job, but I need to warn people (especially other server admins) about that RPG phenomenon I asked you about in your chatbox. These dragons are Not compatible with the RPG mutator, pertaining to monster summons. Whether using the charm pickup or Druid's Loaded Monsters ability, your summons (any type) will Not damage enemy monsters, yet you will gain a tremendous amount of experience per hit. I mean no offense, I just thought this should be known.
    A.K.A. Dorian and Valek.

In that case you may also want to test the latest Lucifer/Droid/Effigy/Magdalena..possibly Bender/Raptor

I think the problem is in the Invasion game type code. You may be able to make a fix if you subclass the desired monster and change this function to return true if the Controller is the Same as the desired Monster's Controller. I think this would make it work with hostile and friendly monsters in RPG.

Maybe something like this
    Code:
    function bool SameSpeciesAs(Pawn P)
    {
    	return ( Monster(P) != None && Monster(P).Controller != None && Monster(P).Controller == Controller);
    }
    so if the monster has the same controller as the one it is attacking, that means it should be friends. The only other problem is other custom controllers which might be classed as being hostile. :/ I don't think you will be able to account for all the mutators and controllers out there.

Hostile + Hostile = friend
    Hostile + Friendly = enemy
    Friendly + Hostile = enemy
    Friendly + Friendly = friend

Iron Guard

Great Job ini on the Dragon's big improvement.Not that they were not good before, a lot less lag on them now.Top notch work.

I just thought I'd share my test results. I only tested the monsters I use on my server. The newer monsters aren't experience farms like both versions of the Dragons, but somehow they still can't be damaged by summons. Anyway here's the list of the incompatible monsters:

PredatorsV2 (can't be damaged, and give xp)
    Droid (can't be damaged, not even the shield can be broken)
    Effigy (can't be damaged)
    Magdalena (can't be damaged)

Compatible:
    Bender
    Raptor

I tested the Predators because someone told me they do the same thing, and they were right.

On a related note, I recently remembered the old Lucifer has a horrible exploit with poison weapons. There were rumors of a fix for that though. I did not test the new version regarding the weapons or summons (not like a summon would stand a chance against Lucifer, realistically).
    A.K.A. Dorian and Valek.

Thumbs up thank you for so many monsters update !

now take your time for real life
    I can wait for new facefugger monster

MSgt. Shooter Person

I would love to test INI's new monsters if I could just get my current computer completely fixed

Default aloha

I'm in hawaii doing renovations and using terrible wifi so theres no way I will put myself or Aeons server through me constantly disconnecting lol. Wow Dorian you did an amazing job of testing INI's new creation. Kudos

I wonder if theres a stryder monster that shoots a very high powered laser? (not a lightning gun or an ssr, I don't know how to explain it. The laser makes allot of noise and the beam is really wide. This type of monster if even a few would still make me cautious. There has to be a way to deal with the legs so they don't lag the server because they are so long. Best case senario we are looking at about 10 to 20 or more of these on a server so I think the old version will cause allot of lag because of the long legs. Any ideas? I'm thinking how about a hovering stryder that has much shorter legs and a smaller frame that has an eye so you can see were he is looking so you can try to save yourself from it's industrial laser lol.
    Dorian has probably seen Andrew use this laser from riding a stryder heh. It would make a really cool monster. Anyone else like my idea?
    Last edited by vectoravtech; 08-23-2009 at 07:57 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I was thinking of recreating the old Quake 1 monsters... well, more detailed than they actually were in Q1... anyone remembering them?

Rotweiler
    Rotfish (an aquatic monster)
    Grunt
    Enforcer
    Knight
    Black Knight (or was it Dark Knight? can't remember)
    Ogre
    Fiend
    Shambler
    Scragg (flyer)
    Zombie
    Slime
    Vore
    Last edited by Armor King; 08-24-2009 at 02:19 PM.
    Rogue processes terminated!

Hi monster lovers. I've just released the latest beta of my new invasion game type. It is called InvasionPro. It takes invasion to the next level. It includes special features such as:

30 different monster types per waves, Bosswaves, custom radars, pulses and colours. monster counter, monster configuration screens and much much more! I have written a manual that explains everything, it comes with the download.

Currently none RPG users should have absolutely no problems with it. I am expecting RPG compatability issues, and would like to make it work with that. I will need some good rpg testers that can provide me with good reports.

Please find it here: InvasionPro

Here is a single screeny, more on the download page!

(Please note I am rushing this out as I really have no more time anymore, I will try to make another version to get this to work with RPG (if there are problems), but only if enough people and good reports are provided)

This project has been more of a learning experience for me, in how to create new gametypes and what is involved. In preperation for my next secret project I hope you all like it!

Iron Guard

Wow cool ini i got the day off tomorrow will give it a test.

Hey, i've made a new version of InvasionPro, one that auto initializes all monsters so you dont need to view them once. Ill release it later today! If there are no other immediate and easily fixable issues i'll release it on the beta or final section later as well.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast