Map - Deathmatch (PC/PS3) DM-Station 12 [v. 1.2, 15 Mai 2009]

Map name: Station 12
    Game type: TDM / DM
    Version: 1.2
    Players: 8 - 12
    Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
    Last version released: 15 Mai 2009

Story / Histoire:

Station 12 is one of many stations owned by the LRC. Situated on the top of a huge mountain on Alpha system, the station was established following a new discovery during a routine inspection of the soil. In fact, the rocks from the top of this mountain as well as is soil are composed of an energy out of the ordinary. This energy, spreads out from the rocks, it is a form of clean energy, clean enough to power electronic devices as well as certain defense system like the ION cannons. Some devices draw their power directly into the soil. This mountain is also developing a powerful magnetism enough powerful to have a circular field of asteroids. Which is very unusual? Small doses of this energy can be seen at some places; they have the effect of repulse any foreign body that comes close but are not dangerous. Unfortunately for the LRC, the rock energy combine with the high magnetism of this mountain causes the robots workers to malfunction. For various reasons, the LRC had to withdraw is workers robots just before the commissioning of the station and left the station available for future fighting since it is now useless.

Station 12 est l’une des nombreuses stations d’exploitation de la LRC. Située sur le sommet d’une immense montagne du système Alpha, cette station a été instaurée suite à une nouvelle découverte lors d’une inspection de routine des sols. En fait, les roches du haut de ce montage ainsi que son sol sont composées d’une énergie hors de l’ordinaire. Cette énergie, s’émane de la roche en une forme d’énergie propre non polluante assez puissante pour alimenter des appareils électroniques ainsi que certain système de défense comme les cannons à ION. Certains appareils puisent leur énergie directement dans le sol. Cette montagne développe aussi un magnétisme assez puissant pour y avoir un champ circulaire d’astéroïdes. Ce qui est hors du commun? De petites doses de cette énergie peuvent être perçues à quelques endroits, elles ont pour effet de propulser tout corps étranger qui s’en approche mais ne sont pas dangereuses. Malheureusement pour la LRC, l’émanation de cette énergie combinée avec le magnétisme de cette montagne très élevé provoque de mauvais fonctionnement chez les robots ouvriers. Pour plusieurs raisons, la LRC à dû retirer ses robots ouvriers juste avant la mise en service de cette station & la laisse disponible pour de futurs combats puisqu’elle s’avère inutilisable.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Downloads:

PC

FilePlanet, Game-Maps Mapraider, MediaFire, UTZone.de

PS3

Game-Maps, MediaFire

Video:

Installation:

PC

Extract the archive into :

"My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps" directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it. The archive contains :

DM-Station12v12.ini
    DM-Station12v12.ut3
    DM-Station12v12.wri
    DM-Station12v12_LOC_int.upk

PS3

DM-Station12v12_PS3.wri
    USERDATA.JAM

Copy the USERDATA.JAM file to a data card and insert that into the PS3 console.

PS: I have to remove the music since the PS3 doesn't support custom music, sorry. BIG THX to "The Demon Slick" for the PS3 cook

Comments:

I'm getting beyond 60 FPS playing against 11 bots with my PC. My specs are :

OCZ 600 Watt
    Asus P5N-D (NF750i)
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.0 GHz/1333/6M)
    4 GB OCZ Reaper (DDR2 800 Mhz CAS 3.4.4.15)
    Saphire Radeon HD4870 1 GB
    Segeate 500 GB 32 MB

Special thx, credits:

- Odedge for your great advices & feedback. Without you, this map wouldn't never be distributed. You where a great, great, great support all the way from private to final version & I THX you a lot dude. Your the man. Have fun Jeff.
    - SEBASTIEN-NOVA for your great great support & feedback, many THX.
    - {BFG}Bl!tz~, Chaosnight, Thrallala & yubnub for your great support or feedback THX dudes.
    - EpicJon, Lord_PorkSword & ZixXer for your feedback.
    - Genthly, LtClifff, TheAgent & WotPal for your moral support.
    - 3D Buzz, DGUnreal, Hourences, Passion3D, Unreal Developer Network, Waylon Brinck for your free tutorials !
    - Epic for the brilliant (& damn unstable !) editor & assets.

Custom content:

The music track, edited by me.

MSgt. Shooter Person

nice to see the final m8.

and em....why have none of my maps had a review?

Hey Steve,
    here come the D-day !
    I can't believe it !

After so long times and efforts, your baby is finally born lol , houra !!

I D/L it right now

Quote Originally Posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
    After so long times and efforts, your baby is finally born lol , houra !!
    Is it a boy or a girl?

Congrats Steve on your efforts paying off. The map turned out really nice. I especially like the new platform (with the shield belt) as it gives that end of the map some more z-axis fighting.

The map looks very nice, plays well and I can tell the effort you put into it. Thanks for the kinds words and I was happy to help some one who cares how their map turns out.

p.s. You should probably reformat the first post in the thread so there are 3 rows of pictures. This will shorten the width of the first page. It's the beta tester in me, sue me!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool. Nice work Steve

MSgt. Shooter Person

Heh, I there are parts of the map that I do like and other parts that I told you about that I find less good.

Seeing some of the screens from you new map I think that looks really good.

MSgt. Shooter Person

My bad...

i thought you were the go to guy to have my maps ridiculed?

sorry for being of topic?

very nice work...hope as much effort goes into the next one.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by diesalot View Post
    My bad...

i thought you were the go to guy to have my maps ridiculed?

sorry for being of topic?

very nice work...hope as much effort goes into the next one.
    Sorry to ear that your map as being ridiculed. I never done reviews so indeed, I'm not the person you maybe thought I be.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by g0th View Post
    Heh, I there are parts of the map that I do like and other parts that I told you about that I find less good.

Seeing some of the screens from you new map I think that looks really good.
    Ho, funny, because the next one is looking rather dull & ugly at this stage even worst that DM-Station 12 was in the beginning at the same time.

But thx for the compliment

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    Ho, funny, because the next one is looking rather dull & ugly at this stage even worst that DM-Station 12 was in the beginning at the same time.

But thx for the compliment
    Well I only look at the stuff that seems to be more or less finished in the screens so

God King

Quote Originally Posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
    bon bin ca y est, toute la clic est la quoi, ça va etre le bordel ce poste je crois !!

Eric, moi aussi, suis désolé mais suis mdr aussi looool
    Maudit que c'est tordant, maudit bordel LOLLLLLLLLL

Quote Originally Posted by g0th View Post
    Well I only look at the stuff that seems to be more or less finished in the screens so
    Well, indeed the meshing is not bad but all the rest is not there at all. But it should be descent in some months

Boomshot

hey steeve;congratz on that one; really good long hard work u did on it
    D/L right now and thx for ur efforts.....

just to tell ...i crashed the bfg server loading my impalement map yesterday ...oioioi^^
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

God King

Quote Originally Posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
    hey steeve;congratz on that one; really good long hard work u did on it
    D/L right now and thx for ur efforts.....

just to tell ...i crashed the bfg server loading my impalement map yesterday ...oioioi^^
    I no it's not funny... but man... I laugh LOL poor server !

Hope that you like the final more. Ho, and now, you can "bunny hop" on ALL the lamps LOL

bon bin ca y est, toute la clic est la quoi, ça va etre le bordel ce poste je crois !!

Eric, moi aussi, suis désolé mais suis mdr aussi looool

Boomshot

ROFL....no no no i still believ in our server...but i was rofl too ...second time i crashed it with fraqd files....just found the problem...dunno why the hell the filezilla tool hav change the size of the ut3 files...weird weird.... 3 maps only hav crash it...seb s...steeves...and ...mine....we re now linked by the servers blood^^

oh btw i ve not send pms but if u hav some free time(i hav big doubt bout that lol^^) check my last beta link in ma sig; i had like to have ur opinion...srry for spam...ops
    Last edited by Bl!tz~; 02-06-2009 at 10:05 PM.
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

MSgt. Shooter Person

Salut,

bon sympa les derniers petits changements ^^
    Merci pour cette sympathique map.
    ++
    http://www.unreal.fr

Community Unreal.fr :
    Steam
    Xfire

Thumbs up merci!

ceci est mon préféré la carte maintenant!
    = Buffy The Jedi Knight =

MSgt. Shooter Person

Je dirais même plus :=)

Ceci est ma carte préférée du moment
    http://www.unreal.fr

Community Unreal.fr :
    Steam
    Xfire

Prisoner 849

Gratz on getting it to final!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
    Unreal Old Friends
    Legacy

Iron Guard

Very Very cool TDM map - great job

will be adding to «ne» BTA server as soon as its back online (hardware issues ATM) already added it to my lastest map pack «ne»CDMMPv3 which will be ready to dl very soon.

«ne» UT3 Community
    Never lose a map from your UT3 cache folder here
    «ne» UT3 BTA Server open 81.19.221.203:7780
    «ne» Map Packs Greed/Warfare/DM/VCTF/ONS2.0 here
    UT3 Benchmark results here

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheDemonSlick

Dl'ng pc final now. Colored jump pads....Sweet!
    Server Admins and PS3 hosts... Your machines are crying out for JUSTICE!!! http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=683493
    The Demon Slick went BOOM!
    http://www.freewebs.com/boomshouse/
    The Skaarj Return! Thanks to EE. http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=680443

Boomshot

sweet the map is final download now!!!!!!!!!!!
    UT3DOM 5.0 IS OUT http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/news.php
    PATCH 2.0 [/url] malcolm is back in ut3
    RANKIN is BACK in ut3
    AT LAST UT3 PS3 NOW HAVE COSTUM SOUND SWEET
    ps3 players all go too this site http://www.iamgaming.com/
    its the best ps3 comunaty for ut3 at ps3

God King

Is it a boy or a girl?
    LOL, it's a cyborg, half human, half Liandry

Happy that you like the map in the end

As for the credits, I always give proper one

I forgot to put a return after the third pic in the first post so smallers monitors see's all the pics (I'm in 1680x1050 at home).

I'm looking forward your next map & have fun

MSgt. Shooter Person

hey big brow
    i finaly got a change to play this final version.
    i was shoked, i only played a old version and seen some screens.
    but what you did, i am pretty inpressed. and you did lissen to what i have said with the material, looks way better now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the map looks and feels very solid. i realy like the looks of this map, becaus it makes you realy feel if your on a othere planet.

good luck with you next map, and if you need a test guy.... you know were to find me.

good job stevelois!
    TriggerHappy!
    Maps that I made, Some require a MOD te be downloaded.
    Forum^: Download: PC/PS3 DM-Focus-SE
    Forum^: Download: PC/PS3 CTF4-AnubisResurrection
    Forum^: Download: PC/PS3 DM-Xiao
    Forum^: Download: PC/PS3 DOM-Contrast + MOD Domination
    Forum^: Download: PC/PS3 RenX-Islands + MOD RenegadeX
    Mess with the best! Die like the rest! Boom HèadShøt!

God King

Hey little bro

THX for your nice words

Indeed, the private version you have is a early build & I'm happy that you finally played the final & like it Don't forget that big bro are listening there little bro "sometime"

I thought that you won't like it since it so "amateur" compare to your map. I have something to ask for the next one & I'll try to catch you on msn soon.

Have fun now !

MSgt. Shooter Person

gj Steve, i like the way it turned out
    My Rig
    i7-980X EE 6Core OC @ 4.7Ghz liq cooled | ASUS Rampage III Formula MB. | ATI 5970 2GB x2 in CrossFireX | G.SKILL 12GB DDR3 2000 OC (PC3 16000) 8-8-8-21 | OCZ 250GB SSD Boot up HD | 2 WD VelociRaptor 600GB 10k RPM 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache in Raid 0 | Windows 3.1 16bit j/k lol. Win7 64bit | ViewSonic VX2739wm 27" WS 1ms Monitor @1920 x 1080 | COOLER MASTER HAF X Case (Love this puppy) w/ OCZ ZX Series 1250W Power Supply | Logitech MX 518 Rat and Logitech G15 Keyboard

Banned

After this long wait it's finally out! congratulations man! I'll be able to download it on Friday can't wait!

God King

Quote Originally Posted by WoLvErInE View Post
    gj Steve, i like the way it turned out
    Happy you like it

Quote Originally Posted by EpicJon View Post
    After this long wait it's finally out! congratulations man! I'll be able to download it on Friday can't wait!
    And I thought that you didn't like it since you didn't post back after beta 2...

RC1 & final are almost the same (FPS speaking). I did what I could to optimize the map but if you have the same type of PC of mine, you should get good FPS with no drop out

Have fun

THX for posting folks

Banned

Happy you like it

And I thought that you didn't like it since you didn't post back after beta 2...

RC1 & final are almost the same (FPS speaking). I did what I could to optimize the map but if you have the same type of PC of mine, you should get good FPS with no drop out

Have fun

THX for posting folks

LOL dude I always liked this map . It's just that I've been busy lately and I can only play during the weekend. I'm also keeping an eye on your other maps

-Ejon

God King

Quote Originally Posted by EpicJon View Post
    LOL dude I always liked this map . It's just that I've been busy lately and I can only play during the weekend. I'm also keeping an eye on your other maps

-Ejon
    Ho, I see

Well, I must admit that when people don't post, I assume that there isn't any interest at all so...

Give me some news after playing, I'm curious to know if you have any problem & if it run well

Banned

Ho, I see

Well, I must admit that when people don't post, I assume that there isn't any interest at all so...

Give me some news after playing, I'm curious to know if you have any problem & if it run well
    Nice map, this one is a keeper in my book Very good job man Didn't crash at all. So thats good.

-EJon

Skaarj

Wow stevelois yor first map it's amazing. Good job!

Redeemer

i wish i could give the kind of in depth constructive criticism that you share with us so often, but i'm still stuck at "keeper" and i'll let sit at that.

thank you for this, and for your efforts. really killer first project.
    Worse than you thought, but better than you think.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by rek View Post
    i wish i could give the kind of in depth constructive criticism that you share with us so often, but i'm still stuck at "keeper" and i'll let sit at that.

thank you for this, and for your efforts. really killer first project.
    I'm happy you like it

THX for posting so at least, it shows some of you like it & that is encouraging me of putting the same amount of efforts on the next one

Redeemer

Hey Steve, I finally got a chance to check out your map now that I'm slowly coming out of my own mapping hell... You did a REALLY good job on this one and made something with a very unique look and feel. I really like how you used altered materials on meshes to create a new look. I'm personally very sick of the stock UT3 assets (probably mostly due to making a map with them) so it is very refreshing to see them changed up a bit. I did a little bit of that myself on my SpaceNoxx remake (which I will probably put out shortly).

I will definitely put it into rotation on my server. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast