Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Great map. I'll download it soon =)

God King

Quote Originally Posted by M^vL View Post
    Hey Steve, I finally got a chance to check out your map now that I'm slowly coming out of my own mapping hell... You did a REALLY good job on this one and made something with a very unique look and feel. I really like how you used altered materials on meshes to create a new look. I'm personally very sick of the stock UT3 assets (probably mostly due to making a map with them) so it is very refreshing to see them changed up a bit. I did a little bit of that myself on my SpaceNoxx remake (which I will probably put out shortly).

I will definitely put it into rotation on my server. Thanks!
    THX dude

I spend many many days fine tuning the materials. Like, if you notice the monitors sreens, there are a lot of variation, like refresh speed, refresh direction (up-down, down-up, left-right, right-left, etc), background colors, blinking speed, etc. It take me a big amount of time for the first one but was really easy to change for the next one I wasn't satisfied with the stock material which look less good & more industrial than techy / clean.

Same thing for the ceiling, walls, floors, lamps, etc & the outside rock texture.

I'm very happy you like it & that it will be on rotation.

THX a lot

God King

Quote Originally Posted by EpicJon View Post
    Nice map, this one is a keeper in my book Very good job man Didn't crash at all. So thats good.

-EJon
    Ha, great then

Happy that's a keeper for you & it play well on your PC

Iron Guard

Hey Stevie man!

Okay, so I tried the map recently. Here are my thoughts:

I absolutely LOVE the theme, very reminiscent of the Metroid prime games. Undreground cave and high tech/futuristic machinery/structures work very well together.
    The visuals are solid though in some places it looks a tiny bit rough or unfinished. However I found it hard to figure out what made me think this, so im afraid im not really able to give you much info on that... Just overall it looked a tiny bit messy/cluttered I suppose.
    Overall high marks here! Great theme and good visuals just a little bit rough/clumsy looking in places!

Playability. Okay, this has come quite far since the first beta's. However I still experience quite severe lag on my PC at times. Alot worse than Stock maps. I have a pretty old machine though, so TBH I think most people will be able to play this fine. I have an 8600GT and a P4 Proccessor. I also experienced one crash while playing this map. i think it was on my third play through
    Slightly lower marks here. Severe frame drops and an occasional/one off crash take away from an awesome experience.

Aha! Now gameplay! I found this map a blast to play! Medium to large in size this map is great for around 8 players. All of the lifts and cliff pathways really bring out the best of this map and for the most part bots traverse the arena pretty well with the occasional hiccup. The Item placement is very good and the experience never gets monotonous!

Overall I would give this map an 7/10 (not an average)

Visuals 9/10 (great theme and cool looking, slightly rough around the edges)
    Playability 6/10 (occasional crash and quite heavy lag on slightly older machine)
    Gameplay 8/10 (Good fun, origional, bots occasionally act dumb)

God King

Quote Originally Posted by LtClifff View Post
    Hey Stevie man!

Okay, so I tried the map recently. Here are my thoughts:

I absolutely LOVE the theme, very reminiscent of the Metroid prime games. Undreground cave and high tech/futuristic machinery/structures work very well together.
    The visuals are solid though in some places it looks a tiny bit rough or unfinished. However I found it hard to figure out what made me think this, so im afraid im not really able to give you much info on that... Just overall it looked a tiny bit messy/cluttered I suppose.
    Overall high marks here! Great theme and good visuals just a little bit rough/clumsy looking in places!

Playability. Okay, this has come quite far since the first beta's. However I still experience quite severe lag on my PC at times. Alot worse than Stock maps. I have a pretty old machine though, so TBH I think most people will be able to play this fine. I have an 8600GT and a P4 Proccessor. I also experienced one crash while playing this map. i think it was on my third play through
    Slightly lower marks here. Severe frame drops and an occasional/one off crash take away from an awesome experience.

Aha! Now gameplay! I found this map a blast to play! Medium to large in size this map is great for around 8 players. All of the lifts and cliff pathways really bring out the best of this map and for the most part bots traverse the arena pretty well with the occasional hiccup. The Item placement is very good and the experience never gets monotonous!

Overall I would give this map an 7/10 (not an average)

Visuals 9/10 (great theme and cool looking, slightly rough around the edges)
    Playability 6/10 (occasional crash and quite heavy lag on slightly older machine)
    Gameplay 8/10 (Good fun, origional, bots occasionally act dumb)
    Hey

Sorry to ear that you have some drops &/or crash with this map. Still, this low FPS is in the most part attribuate to your old hardware (P4 & GF8600). I have a 2 year old PC and I never go below 60 FPS with 11 experienced / skillful bots all the settings to max in 1680*1050. My specs are on the first post. I wish I could optimize the map more, it seem that it's was not enough.

I'm surprise that you mention the AI acting weird because playing against experienced / skillful bots give me some hard times They cover all the map & collect all the goodies, sometime faster than me lol They should give you a good challenge because in TDM they never stuck anywhere & follows my orders & me as they supposed to.

I must say that a 7/10 score is rather low but since I loose some points for old hardware & AI prob, it's not that bad after all.

I'm happy that you like it even with these issues

Iron Guard

Hey Stevie! By no means is 7/10 a low score. To me that means it is well above average. Even a 6/10 is a solid map to me. I would say most stock maps are around the regions of 7/8. 9/10 means near perfection and I cant think up an description for 10/10 ATM

And also, while my specs may be old, my rig has never had any problems with vanilla UT3maps.

And on the subject of the bots I would say that yes, they do give you an extremely good (and hard) game. However, I would say that about once every session I find a bot caught up on something or caught in a loop. (fixed by giving him a quick enforcer round)

I hope I have cleared up any issues. Just remember, this is your first map ever. Dont expect it to recieve perfect scores across the board! Pretty much the best first map I have ever seen though.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by LtClifff View Post
    Hey Stevie! By no means is 7/10 a low score. To me that means it is well above average. Even a 6/10 is a solid map to me. I would say most stock maps are around the regions of 7/8. 9/10 means near perfection and I cant think up an description for 10/10 ATM

And also, while my specs may be old, my rig has never had any problems with vanilla UT3maps.

And on the subject of the bots I would say that yes, they do give you an extremely good (and hard) game. However, I would say that about once every session I find a bot caught up on something or caught in a loop. (fixed by giving him a quick enforcer round)

I hope I have cleared up any issues. Just remember, this is your first map ever. Dont expect it to recieve perfect scores across the board! Pretty much the best first map I have ever seen though.

It's just we don't see the score the same way

Personally :

0-5 = crappy
    6 = average
    7 = good but could be better
    8 = very good
    9 = awesome
    10 = a must

But hey, it's fine dude

Now, I'm gonna play some maps, included yours

MSgt. Shooter Person

howdy steve ! finally played it, absolutely great map i must ask you something important, check your pm asap !!!

Hey Steve, had a bit of a break from UT3 for the past few months so didn't even know you'd started mapping! If this is half as good as it looks, & given the fact that your feedback has helped make a lot of other people's good maps great, I'm looking forward to taking it for a test drive

d/l PS3 version now, will try out this evening & post back

EDIT: initial play-through was seamless on my PS3, and certainly didn't disappoint! Wife has now reappeared & would like the TV back, so will take a more in-depth look later this evening
    Last edited by feisar32; 03-01-2009 at 02:33 PM.
    Danger could be my middle name ... but it's John - Eddie Izzard

PSN = feisar32

Sorry Steve, if you're looking for criticism I couldn't find a single thing to fault Guess all that time spent helping other people with their maps has taught you a thing or two

Played flawlessly on my PS3; layout is superb, weapon placement excellent, and it's one of the best-looking maps I've ever seen. You've obviously judged your own work but your own high standards - and it shows Particularly seeing as this is your first map, it's outstanding - a definite keeper, but then I didn't expect any less

As ever, thanks for taking the time to make it available for PS3
    Last edited by feisar32; 03-02-2009 at 08:14 PM.
    Danger could be my middle name ... but it's John - Eddie Izzard

PSN = feisar32

God King

THX dude for all these kind words

I truly appreciate & very happy it work flawlessly on the PS3 BTW, it's "The Demon Slick" who as made the PS3 so a big big THX to him

I'm very satisfy that everybody like it so far & I hope that the next one will be as good or better

THX for posting dude

God King

A quick note to inform you folks that I test my map with the patch 2.0 & it work fine.

The 2 first time I load the map, it crash. I thought it was my map but it was doing the same thing with other custom maps. After testing a big bunch of maps, they crash 1 or 2 times but they work flawlessly after. The maps I tests are those listed in my main thread if your interested to know which one I test.

So, I don't need to republish my map again

Have fun.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi Steve, the filefront link to this map appears to be screwed.

Could you please check it for us

God King

Quote Originally Posted by Gleedo View Post
    Hi Steve, the filefront link to this map appears to be screwed.

Could you please check it for us
    Damn, all the file as been deleted on Filefront ! How annoying, they have my email & I wasn't at least notify grrrrrrrrrrrr

Before I upload the map, I'll recook it for the patch 2.0 compatibility. I test it out & it's not necessary but it seem that all the map gain some FPS so I'll do it & it will ensure compatibility

Can you suggest me a more reliable Internet file storage ???

God King

Finally, I decide to recook, update the text file & upload a newer PC version. The PS3 link is also working now but the version is the same as before.

For my own stats, since 1 month, the downloads are as follow (only on Filefront) :

PC = 395
    PS3 = 92

First post updated & enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by stevelois View Post
    Finally, I decide to recook, update the text file & upload a newer PC version. The PS3 link is also working now but the version is the same as before.

PC = 395
    PS3 = 92

First post updated & enjoy
    I would remove the link ASAP and no one should download this newer version right now. I was the first to do so and the file names are the exact same. That means that there will be a version conflict for any LAN or online players.

Steve, you need to change the filename every time you release a map to the public. Even if the friendly name stays the same, the file name has to be different.

God King

Mmm... I don't see the issue since the if the player already have the file, the server will overwrite the file since the date / size aren't the same.

Also, I have plenty of maps that have been updated & the file name is the same & I never, never encounter any issue at all for loading / playing.

Or there is something else that I don't understand ???

Mmm... I don't see the issue since the if the player already have the file, the server will overwrite the file since the date / size aren't the same.
    Granted I don't play online wit this game, but when I played R6: Ravenshield (based on the previous Unreal engine). If the file names were the same, but the builds were different, the server wouldn't overwrite the existing file (and it shouldn't as you may not want it to).

So the server sees this as different files and thus are not compatible, usually ending you being disconnected from the server. I don't see the this game behaving any different.

Boomshot

depend who u want to play your map but if u want it play online yes plz "V1" or "V2" or "SE" after the name will save some disconections and some errors on servers manip

it s not that noone will install it on server ,it s a good map and peeps can addapt it s just "in use" to not have several versions with same name; why should we make things complex as the can be simple ? hah cousin? lol
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

Quote Originally Posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
    depend who u want to play your map but if u want it play online yes plz "V1" after the name will save some disconections and some errors on servers manip

it s not that noone will install it on server ,it s a good map and peeps can addapt it s just "in use" to not have several versions with same name; why should we make things complex as the can be simple ? hah cousin? lol
    Preach it brother! hehehe

God King

Okay okay guy's you win

I'll rename, repackage & reupload then.

But I must admit that it's damn crappy from a server side not able to distinguish 2 file name with the same name

So, everything should be done in 30 mins

Boomshot

thx steve
    ~THUND3RL4ND~IP:77.111.254.236:27015 -UOF-UnrealOldFriendsForum
    AsusFormulaV/FX-8350@8x5.0ghz/CustomLoop/MSI-N660TI-PE-OC/KingstonHyperX-8GbDDR3-1600Mhz/KingstonHyperX-SSD120GB/InWin-DragonRider/AntecQuattro1000W
    XFire&Steam:bfgblitz MyMaps

Okay okay guy's you win

I'll rename, repackage & reupload then.

But I must admit that it's damn crappy from a server side not able to distinguish 2 file name with the same name

So, everything should be done in 30 mins
    We are just looking out for you man.

Regarding the server issue, the server thinks it's two seperate files and thus it should for various reason. And the server shouldn't start over writing files at all. If I had a newer version of the map, I wouldn't want the server to overwrite it.

It would be nice to have an internal version number in the map's World Info and the server could ask if you wanted to over write it (it would tell you the number you have vs what the server has).

God King

Quote Originally Posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
    thx steve
    Your welcome my favorite farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Odedge View Post
    We are just looking out for you man.

Regarding the server issue, the server thinks it's two seperate files and thus it should for various reason. And the server shouldn't start over writing files at all. If I had a newer version of the map, I wouldn't want the server to overwrite it.

It would be nice to have an internal version number in the map's World Info and the server could ask if you wanted to over write it (it would tell you the number you have vs what the server has).
    Haha, a chance that you are watching me lol

Damn, about your last point, you have some nice idea m8 At least, that info would be helpful

The upload is 50% done so it should be ok in 5 mins.

THX for your help guy's

EDIT

Upload finish, go frag now

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Planet Andromeda, planning your annihilation

I wasn't really sure what to think of this map from the screenshots, but I decided to give it a try anyways. Boy, was I in for a treat. The detail on this map is incredible. The atmosphere is perfect. Lots of ambient sounds are lying around, which is always a plus. I haven't tested it with bots yet but I imagine it works very well. This is definitely one of the best maps out there for UT3, and I would highly recommend it.

God King

He he

Happy you like it & don't worry about bots, they will assist you in TDM & give you some good fights in DM. Appropriate bots support is a must for me since I never play online.

They go everywhere, collect everything & do stuff I didn't know they would capable of lol

I'm asking myself why you didn't try it earlier ? Been final since 1 month so you didn't like the pics ?

Anyway, THX for your kinds words

I hate to the be the bearer of possibly "not so good" news. But I tried out the newest version of the maps and the bots are on crack again shooting at the wall by the big tower.

Hopefully it's just me.

God King

Damn, that's a bad news !!!

I didn't have any prob. while cooking ??? Must be another bug because I didn't do anything, only recook. I'll wait for others comments & hope that it's just a temporary bug !

But THX to let me know

God King

I was wondering...

Since a long time, I see reviews of UT stuff here & there. Now, since it concern my map, I'm not sure if I must submit this map to reviewers myself or anybody can suggest anything to them ???

I'm curious to know how this map is been seing by prof. reviewers.

Any suggestions everyone ?

THX

Iron Guard

You can submit your map to UT Unlimited and have firefly review your map http://utunlimited.beyondunreal.com

God King

Since FileFront is closing "Indefinitely" on March 30th, I created an account & upload all the files on MediaFire instead.

I didn't know but my map was also on UTZone so the link as being added. THX to {BFG}Bl!tz~ for letting me know

For my own stats, since March 14, the Filefront downloads was :

PC = 85
    PS3 = 10

First post updated.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    Review is up

The flow is golden.
    Great, many THX for the review

Happy you like it so far. Ho and... I couldn't resist to comments your comments lol

Nothing serious, just more info

MSgt. Shooter Person

Grimy! Like it, gonna dl for ps3 tonight. Thanks for that!

psnid - katamari666

God King

Quote Originally Posted by katamari666 View Post
    Grimy! Like it, gonna dl for ps3 tonight. Thanks for that!

psnid - katamari666
    THX

You might want to wait before downloading the 1.0 PS3 version because the 1.1 version should be available before the end of the week

MSgt. Shooter Person

Glad you like the review.

Nice map. looking forward to the next one

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast