Thread: DM-Fasthold

Skaarj

MAP-DM DM-Fasthold

Greetings Epic Games Forums!

Team Awesome is proud to bring your our first Deathmatch map release, DM-Fasthold. It is our final build, and we hope that you enjoy it!

1. Name
    DM-Fasthold

2. Version
    1.0 FINAL

3. Compatibility
    UT2004 with latest patch

4. Description
    DM-Fasthold is a Deathmatch environment set in a castle that has been literally uprooted from the ground and relocated high above the clouds. It sits on top of a massive skyscraper, setting the scene for an epic and high stakes game at dazzling heights.

5. Comments
    This map features unique custom static meshes, textures and music created specifically for this map.

6. Screenshots

7. Credits
    Map concept, design and construction - Adam Badke, Curtis Toye and Bryan Fa gan
    Custom models and textures - Curtis Toye
    Music - Chris Kozak

8. Homepage
    www.AdamBadke.com

9. Download
    http://www.novuscom.net/~badke.a/Files/DM-Fasthold.zip

Iron Guard

Looks cool downloading..

Iron Guard

Thumbs up

I'm working on my first map myself. But i don't think my map will be near as good as this. Good spawning point for invasion as well.This is a must download, well done guys. This is definitely going on my server.

God King

Uh... This is graphics-wise not of Unreal Engine 2 quality. For example, look at the stairs - the textures are misaligned. Everything basically uses one texture. The towers' textures are stretched. Lighting is horrible outdoors - the shadows are hardly visible (at least set HighShadowDetail to True), the light is very bland and comes from many directions. The inner part is a bit better though, at least some vivid colours.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Uh... This is graphics-wise not of Unreal Engine 2 quality. For example, look at the stairs - the textures are misaligned. Everything basically uses one texture. The towers' textures are stretched. Lighting is horrible outdoors - the shadows are hardly visible (at least set HighShadowDetail to True), the light is very bland and comes from many directions. The inner part is a bit better though, at least some vivid colours.
    Oh well my bad it look cool to me. I'm not a mapper so i guess i didn't really notice the fine details.
    Last edited by wildman; 01-30-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Skaarj

Hi guys!

Thank you for your comments!

Our main goal while creating this map was to create a fun, interesting and balanced environment for deathmatch - A goal I believe that we achieved, as the map is a lot of fun to play! There is one or 2 minor texture issues, but as illustrated above most people wont even notice - and it makes no difference to the gameplay. Thank you for the feedback too, it is the best way for us to learn from our experiences.

If anybody is planning on hosting this map on their server, feel free to email me at adambadke@gmail.com, the team would love to stop by for a game!
    Last edited by b1skit; 02-02-2009 at 10:42 AM.

Iron Guard

Nice map, reminds me of the good old UT99 days. Good hardcore action with 11 bots.
    If it can't be modded, it ain't worth ****.

God King

Quote Originally Posted by 4TX4 View Post
    Nice map, reminds me of the good old UT99 days. Good hardcore action with 11 bots.
    Exactly. This should be made for UT99, the graphics are exactly of that level. With some lighting, static meshes, aligning and such you could make it graphically better though.

I'm working on my first map too. I don't think I'll create a map as good as yours.
    Very Good!

Skaarj

Hi guys!

Just a small update, Im glad to report that we are hosting this map on our dedicated server.

The server name is "24/7 DM-Fasthold", and the map name is (obviously) DM-Fasthold, so you can locate us in your UT2004 server browser either way.

Stop by for a game!

BiSkiT

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Download link is dead at the first post.
    EDIT: ...and no screenshots to view.
    Last edited by Private Tux; 03-02-2012 at 01:06 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Cool

Maybe........it was never there!!!.....(cue "Twilight Zone" music).....

Maybe it got sucked into Tux's black hole.....

Redeemer
    Metro Manila, Philippines, Southeast Asia

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    Looks like it's lost forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Todd View Post
    Maybe........it was never there!!!.....(cue "Twilight Zone" music).....

Maybe it got sucked into Tux's black hole.....
    Just curious. I know that this thread is from 'three years ago', and I won't regret this for once if someone has this map that never lost (googled this map and seen on any servers only but no download link). I don't know these guys on the previous posts are still active though...and reasons why they didn't mirrored this map to another site. At least, I found the only one screenie of the map on the Immortal Knightz site. I guess I will find some more maps that wouldn't possibly missed.

Regards,
    Tux Android
    Last edited by Private Tux; 03-10-2012 at 03:56 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Tux Android View Post
    At least, I found the only one screenie of the map on the Immortal Knightz site. I guess I will find some more maps that wouldn't possibly missed.
    You could try and PM çyßêrhåwk to see if he has a copy of the map:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/members/...3%AArh%C3%A5wk
    Quite busy at the moment. If you need to contact me for whatever reason, feel free to PM/email me, that will be the quickest solution.