Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default "You cannot run the game with modified executable code..." WTF help please!

Hey guys, I have purchased this game a while back, and I have been playing it ever since even after the new patch update.

Well it's been like a several months since I last played, I go back to play it today and it gave me this:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q85atz.jpg

So I was like wtf... so i reinstalled it anyways. I had trouble with that too. The game wouldn't install for some reason, so I used power iso and made and image file and used a virtual drive... and it installed that way.

But i pop in the disc to start this game up and I get the same exact message. Why? Why did this happen for no reason?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xI Abyssal nova

You're not alone, I have this exact same problem. I played the game about a week ago actually, I have not installed any mods since then, though I do have user created maps but they worked just fine. The only things I've done since I last played were install Shadowrun and Crysis and I honestly don't see how that could possibly cause this error. I wish I knew the answer but at least there wont have to be a second thread like this.

I currently have it reinstalling a second time right now, hopefully it will work and if it doesn't, I hope someone knows the answer.

I was just another another EPIC forum and the guys there have said that you need to change the date on you pc by a few days. Apparently that works, Ive got the same prob and I was playing last night and now I'm onto my 4th re install today, Im going to try the date time and hopefully that works...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: m0zi

This just started happening to me out of the blue right near the release of my new map! Ever since last live patch back in 07 GoW pc has been stable...very odd. I reinstalled it twice and no luck.

I can't run the game or editor, and I really want to finish up my map only a few minor things and now this...oh noes!

what is this date and time trick?
    -MozI -

www.mozidesign.com

Twitter - mozidesigner

I too am having this problem and i just played it YESTERDAY! i do regular maintanence on my pc so i dont see why i'm having this issue...

Heres the thread I was talking about guys...

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...=583739&page=6

It has seemed to work for them...

Who do we contact for this issue, my game only works if i put yesterday's date. How about I dont want it at the wrong time. how about i want today's freakin date on my machine!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I wonder if this a bug in the game code kind of like how all the Zune's crashed after new years

Seems to be more of this crash happening, very odd. I'll wait and reinstall GoW tomorrow if it still fails then I'll be back here looking for answers.
    -MozI -

www.mozidesign.com

Twitter - mozidesigner

I went to the games for windows forum, it seems like there is a problem with windows certificate for GOW expiring today, i dont think reinstalling is gonna help.

I put my system date back to the 27/01/09 and boom straight away I'm playing GOW again!!
    I hope this works for the rest of you guys too...

I am having the same issue. It is defiantly some sort of issue with the game's coding because it simultaneously happened on both my Vista and Windows 7 installs. Setting the clock back to yesterday fixes the issue. This is more then likely going to happen to everyone who owns this game. I believe that Epic will be legally bound to fix it to, so I expect a fix.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Yeah in my map thread had replies stating same crash occurred to them just now.

It's a global bug! Weeeeeee!
    -MozI -

www.mozidesign.com

Twitter - mozidesigner

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Liquid Leary

Yeah my game is hosed. Same error. Middle of mod development like many others. Lame.

I dont think this is epic's fault. Its a windows digital signature issue. I think epic got their hands tied on that. I bet epic is gonna chew out microsoft.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Same thing here

Same thing here with the executable problem but the clock solution seems to work fine but lets hope they release an update for this but can't get our hopes up they are tied up with gears of war 2

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UF Faltzer

Microsoft is forcing us to buy gears of war 2 XD

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well when people can't even start the game, that should make it their top priority.

Same problem here, spent a lot of time trying to fix this and did a reinstall. Switching the date back to yesterday fixed it.

Boomshot

thx buddy,.....................

Super Moderator

We have been notified of the issue and are working with Microsoft to get it resolved. Sorry for any problems related to this. I'll post more once we have a resolution.

Super Moderator

I dont think this is epic's fault. Its a windows digital signature issue. I think epic got their hands tied on that. I bet epic is gonna chew out microsoft.
    Yes, this was a surprise to us too. We aren't casting blame or chewing anyone out. We're trying to figure out how and why it happened so we can get it fixed.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for letting us know .

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SarahB360

yipeeee a response!

there i was thinking it was a conspiracy to sabotage the gow modding communities get together lol
    Hear the sound of the falling rain
    Coming down like an Armageddon flame
    The shame
    The ones who died without a name
    Gears 3 Vid.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by joeGraf View Post
    Yes, this was a surprise to us too. We aren't casting blame or chewing anyone out. We're trying to figure out how and why it happened so we can get it fixed.
    Thank you, I am a HUGE fan of Epic, just this acknowledgement means alot. Good job on the quick response guys. Hope I get to frag again soon ( I dont want to jack with my system time anymore lol)
    Last edited by BONUS; 01-29-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falt View Post
    Microsoft is forcing us to buy gears of war 2 XD
    Bring that ish to PC and ill slap some cash on it and bring it home in a heartbeat.
    Gamer Tag: Houston Hero

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BONUS View Post
    Bring that ish to PC and ill slap some cash on it and bring it home in a heartbeat.
    yeah! glad to see some support from devs

with this ocassion i wonder when gears of war 2 will be out on PC
    im pretty sure it's gonna be out for PC (the way it's meant to be played) sometime

Dirtyspatz

I just love this game!
    hey epic u can also check my gow2 review lol. so u guys can see i'm able to write something nice! GOW1 top game.

PS: i have the same problem starting.... ill try the date thing.

if there is a patch needed pls fix active sniper, keep the rest.

Same, problem here.

PS. The news just hit every major gaming site on the planet...

I'm no longer flaming over this knowing i didn't do anything. i was really heart broken yesterday after i drew out all these concept drawings and mapped out this level. and had set everything up in Maya to start working. then i couldn't open the editor. this makes me happy that you'll have it fixed

MSgt. Shooter Person

yes fix it and fix the stuttering problems XD plz i wont be doing that yesterday things all the days

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Liquid Leary

We have been notified of the issue and are working with Microsoft to get it resolved. Sorry for any problems related to this. I'll post more once we have a resolution.
    Thanks for the quick response! Deeply appreciated.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: max256

We must post more so they can fix the other stuff too. We now have a chance for a new patch and they can fix other bugs while they're at it. But we must be LOUD, they don't seem to care much about PC fans, and this problem made gow pc unplayable!! So can somebody start a new thread with BIG LETTERS, GOW PC UNPLAYABLE!!!!!

And JoeGraf, those uninstall and save game problems have been around us since the game was released. Can you or microsoft or anyone PLEEEASE do something about that as well? PLEASE HELP US If you're going to put some manpower into fixing this problem, please, can you do the other problems too??
    Last edited by max255; 01-29-2009 at 08:18 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If a patch is needed, fancy removing the disc check ? Isnt this like the only Epic game that requires the CD in the drive ? .

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: max256

I read somewhere that those who pirated gow aren't affected. So I downloaded cracked exe and tryed and it still won't run after todays date

Thanks OP for posting this problem! All is well, up and running! Will GOW II have the same problem when it arrives for PC? Only time, sorry date, will tell...

Skaarj

hope you gonna fix it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogs View Post
    If a patch is needed, fancy removing the disc check ? Isnt this like the only Epic game that requires the CD in the drive ? .
    good idea

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

right, ive just noticed the amount of people posting...SUPPORT THE MODDING COMMUNITY GUYS
    The shame
    Gears 3 Vid.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by max255 View Post
    We must post more so they can fix the other stuff too. We now have a chance for a new patch and they can fix other bugs while they're at it. But we must be LOUD, they don't seem to care much about PC fans, and this problem made gow pc unplayable!! So can somebody start a new thread with BIG LETTERS, GOW PC UNPLAYABLE!!!!!

And JoeGraf, those uninstall and save game problems have been around us since the game was released. Can you or microsoft or anyone PLEEEASE do something about that as well? PLEASE HELP US If you're going to put some manpower into fixing this problem, please, can you do the other problems too??
    No, we must not be loud, if you use caps and exclamation Marks, your questions are going to be ignored.
    The shame
    Gears 3 Vid.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shadowbade 00

I think this is Microsoft PERIOD. This error has just started recently, and oddly enough, around the same time my Microsoft-associated web browser started acting up. I can't even click links without being redirected to another site, I have to copy and paste the URL's. Heck, Internet Explorer won't even load pages, now. Do you think all of this could be somehow related? I mean, everything directly associated with Microsoft seems to be acting up.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast