Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 426
  1. #81
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    144
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Shadowbade 00

    Default

    Well, I occasionally can't blame people for pirating in certain situations. I mean, when there are games over 2 years old that are still being sold at their release price because they're still a little popular, that's a little much. Luckily, this isn't the case here.

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBarrelas View Post
    Too bad these type of things have to happen due to publishers treating customers like criminals!
    There, that's more like it

  3. #83
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    6,020
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GhostofDelta2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofDota View Post
    Painkiller is an awesome game. The expansion and sequel not so much.

    Gears works fine on my PC!
    OK, I was wrong.

    I cannot run the game with modified executable code WTF?

  4. #84
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    355

    Default

    DRM, keeping out legitimate owners of the game one copy at a time...

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Croatia - Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    120
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: max256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofDota View Post
    OK, I was wrong.

    I cannot run the game with modified executable code WTF?

    No one can run the game. That's what I've been saying. No matter if you use orig disc exe or cracked one, game won't run.

  6. #86

    Default

    Hey joeGraph,
    the only thing EPIC has to do is to give us the right certificate for now.
    Next you have to remove your stupid protection because it prevents customers from using what they have purchased which is outlaw of course.
    Oh and by the way don t pretend that this is a surprising bug because you know very well about it.
    Here is the list of YOUR certificates from verysign(make the first one downloadable or renew the second!!!) :
    EPIC GAMES INC. Valid Digital ID Class 3 - Software Validation Renewal Dec 10, 2008 to Jan 28, 2012
    EPIC GAMES INC. Expired Digital ID Class 3 - Software Validation Renewal Jan 7, 2006 to Jan 28, 2009
    EPIC GAMES INC. Expired Digital ID Class 3 - Software Validation Renewal Jan 28, 2005 to Jan 28, 2006
    EPIC GAMES INC. Expired Digital ID Class 3 - Software Validation Renewal Jan 19, 2004 to Feb 15, 2005
    EPIC GAMES INC. Expired Digital ID Class 3 - Software Validation Replacement Sep 25, 2003 to Feb 12, 2004
    EPIC GAMES INC. Revoked & Expired Digital ID Class 3 - Software Validation Feb 7, 2003 to Feb 7, 2004

  7. #87
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by max255 View Post
    No one can run the game. That's what I've been saying. No matter if you use orig disc exe or cracked one, game won't run.
    I doubt that highly, why would a cracked version have the DRM still in it? That's the whole point of cracking it. Unfortunately I cannot substantiate that claim since I bought a legit copy, but it irks me that people who stole the game are playing no problem, but people who legitimately bought it are assed out. God I hate DRM.

  8. #88
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    The problem is not related to DRM.

    The online cheat detection features in Gears of War for Windows are based on digital signatures. Well, we made an embarrassing mistake: we signed the executable with a certificate that expired in a way that broke the game.

    We're working with Microsoft to re-sign the binaries properly, and hope to have this fixed very soon. We know how much this situation sucks, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

    In the mean time a work-around for this is to set your computer's date back to a date before today.

  9. #89

    Default

    I hate to say it. though the work around works for the game. it does nothing for us modders. UE3 wont load up my test map....hell it wont load up it's own maps

  10. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    The problem is not related to DRM.

    The online cheat detection features in Gears of War for Windows are based on digital signatures. Well, we made an embarrassing mistake: we signed the executable with a certificate that expired in a way that broke the game.

    We're working with Microsoft to re-sign the binaries properly, and hope to have this fixed very soon. We know how much this situation sucks, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

    In the mean time a work-around for this is to set your computer's date back to a date before today.
    That's kinda what I thought actually. (well the first line anyways)

    Anyways, to you and Joe Graf: Thanks for the heads up. Here's hoping I can play the game again sometime this weekend.

  11. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rein View Post
    The problem is not related to DRM.

    The online cheat detection features in Gears of War for Windows are based on digital signatures. Well, we made an embarrassing mistake: we signed the executable with a certificate that expired in a way that broke the game.

    We're working with Microsoft to re-sign the binaries properly, and hope to have this fixed very soon. We know how much this situation sucks, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

    In the mean time a work-around for this is to set your computer's date back to a date before today.
    Ok, I got past that problem, because when I start the G4W live thing it works, but when I try startup, when the "launch page" pops up, it says I have no internet connection.

  12. #92

    Default

    Same problem here. If I change the date on my PC, the game works. This has to be the biggest crock of crap ever with a game that I BOUGHT! We should ALL get our money back from MS and EPIC for the bull crap we have all been put through.

  13. #93
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    627

    Default

    I played the game about a week or 2 ago just fine. I heard about this issue on a news site and tried the game to see if I was affected. Sure enough I was.. I cannot start the game. But thats not the worst part. I lost all the custom maps that were stored in my CookedPC folder ??? How did this happen?? Did anyone else lose their custom maps?? I mean the folder is completely empty!! It was full of maps only a few days ago!!! And NO I did not delete them. I sure hope they are on one of my backup DVDs. I am pretty livid right now. Theres no excuse for this.....

    Why are PC Gamers treated like such dirt?? Its really getting old....
    Last edited by Ashrak; 01-30-2009 at 10:42 PM.

  14. #94
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrak View Post
    I played the game about a week or 2 ago just fine. I heard about this issue on a news site and tried the game to see if I was affected. Sure enough I was.. I cannot start the game. But thats not the worst part. I lost all the custom maps that were stored in my CookedPC folder ??? How did this happen?? Did anyone else lose their custom maps?? I mean the folder is completely empty!! It was full of maps only a few days ago!!! And NO I did not delete them. I sure hope they are on one of my backup DVDs. I am pretty livid right now. Theres no excuse for this.....

    Why are PC Gamers treated like such dirt?? Its really getting old....
    Gears 2 isn't much better brother.

  15. #95
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    144
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Shadowbade 00

    Default

    One thing annoys me most of all. They just recently released Gears of War 2's 2nd TU, full of fixes and improvements. Gears 2 players are already pushing for a 3rd TU. From the two posts that I read that were requesting it, it's about fixing multiplayer fairness and lag problems. God forbid they play Single-Player for once, poor things. I like multiplayer just as much as most people, but I'd kill right now just to be able to play Single-Player without having to jerry-rig my computer.

  16. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Croatia - Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    120
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: max256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegeX View Post
    I doubt that highly, why would a cracked version have the DRM still in it? That's the whole point of cracking it. Unfortunately I cannot substantiate that claim since I bought a legit copy, but it irks me that people who stole the game are playing no problem, but people who legitimately bought it are assed out. God I hate DRM.


    If you take cracked exe v1.2 and look at it's certificate, it is no longer valid like an orig exe too. They removed safedisc triggers bud not certificate. I tryed playing with the crack and it's no good. If someone actually got the game running with a crack after 29.1, please, post it.

  17. #97

    Default

    Mark Rein - do not forget about Easter Europe support! The patch support already suxx, don't do this right now with support for unplayable game which a lot of people bought.

  18. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Croatia - Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    120
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: max256

    Default

    I think they're going to fix only this problem. Not others and not release a patch for eastern europe. We would have to insist on this, post here till they make the game work as it should have in the first place. Compatability problems, save game bugs, uninstalling issues and this. Keep naging about it, maybe they'll get tired of listening and fix it completely. I hope you all agree?

  19. #99

    Default

    i neeed patch plz when is it coming

  20. #100
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    20
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DryvBy84

    Default

    This DRM stuff has to quit or else I'm taking my business to Pirate Bay.

  21. #101
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Will the patch involve a reinstall?

  22. #102

    Default

    I hope it wont.

  23. #103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falt View Post
    Microsoft is forcing us to buy gears of war 2 XD
    i want to buy it... but there isn't for PC XD

    I tried it on xbox but with the mouse and the keyboard is totally an other game (if I can play with the mouse and the keyboard on the xbox360 the problem will be solved PS XFPS360 costs 100 $ (+60$ of gears2).. i won't spend too much for a game)

  24. #104

    Default

    I can't buy gears 2 because my 360 RROD on me for the 4th time and i can't be bothered any more

  25. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Croatia - Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    120
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: max256

    Default

    X360 is peace of crap, and other consoles aren't far behind. I mean, so much people want to play it on pc and if they came out in the same time, we'd have seen how the selling would've gone. If games were optimised for pc, you'd need 2 years old gfx card to play something new on some good medium settings.

  26. #106

    Default

    i bought GoW 1 year ago.. now with pro video card and pc , i said : ok now lets try this great game!!! : installed ( 2 hours wtf ) , started : g4wl problem , i go to see on internet and million of peaple say this game is a piece of **** ( talking about developers and patchs ) : S-A-D

  27. #107

    Angry I just got this game as a gift...

    And now I can't play it unless I roll back the system date?!?! That sucks, Dudes. And I'm not even sure if doing that will screw up other programs I have running in the background.

  28. #108

    Default

    msn for sure.

  29. #109
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    144
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Shadowbade 00

    Default

    Hey, I've got a new Microsoft logo:

    "Microsoft: Excellent games with retarded ideas."

    Seriously, why would you put an expiration date on the signature required to run the executable? Not to mention that no one can find the code for free support for Gears of War, so they try to charge you $30 USD (the amount I bought the game for NEW) just to send an email to the support team, which could easily be a single person in a poverty stricken country who they pay $.10 a day to sit at a desk. Sometimes I wonder if they're not messing with stuff that they don't even understand.

  30. #110
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    144
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Shadowbade 00

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbade View Post
    Hey, I've got a new Microsoft logo:

    "Microsoft: Excellent games with retarded ideas."

    Seriously, why would you put an expiration date on the signature required to run the executable? Not to mention that no one can find the code for free support for Gears of War, so they try to charge you $30 USD (the amount I bought the game for NEW) just to send an email to the support team, which could easily be a single person in a poverty stricken country who they pay $.10 a day to sit at a desk. Sometimes I wonder if they're not messing with stuff that they don't even understand.
    To add to that, they're kinda like Scientists. They don't truly KNOW if something's real or not (Theory), but as soon as the THEORY is developed, it somehow becomes unproven truth that everyone's expected to believe.

  31. #111

    Default

    the date fix not fixes it for me my computer are there other ways to fix it?

  32. #112
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    144
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Shadowbade 00

    Default

    Not unless you know how to reset the signature's expiration date. If you know how, feel free to explain it to the rest of us.

    None of us really want to alter the computer's date, either. But until Epic releases the long past due title update, that's pretty much the only way.

  33. #113

    Default

    yea but it does the thing for my laptop but not for my pc

  34. #114
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    19
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: UnfoldingBoot

    Default

    I just bought the game today, because my xbox got the RRoD, and I actually like PC gaming more, and as soon as it installs this is what I get. Oh well...
    Hope an update comes out soon.

  35. #115

    Default

    yeah, but you got to set the date every time you want to play gow, it sucks! they need to get a fix soon!

  36. #116
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    144
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Shadowbade 00

    Default

    As of right now, I'd be happy if they would just release a wargame/startup.exe replacement that has the date fixed. I can put up with performance lag for a few days, as long as I'm able to at least play it.

  37. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldingBoot View Post
    I just bought the game today, because my xbox got the RRoD, and I actually like PC gaming more, and as soon as it installs this is what I get. Oh well...
    Hope an update comes out soon.
    Nice suprisal for a new game huh ? Don't worry. They should release the patch as soon as possible. Just make sure you've got your chainsaw on your lancer ready to beat Cliff

  38. #118

    Default

    The change the clock setting thing works but there is only one problem with that, if anyone actually knows anything about computers, that's a bad idea. because now all of a sudden the computer has files that where created/modified in the future, Windows live messenger won't log in, your system will become unstable if you change it back to the correct date so you can log into your Messengers etc. allot of programs uses date/time checks, so by changing your system back to the past, and changing it back to the correct date it will cause unstable behavior with your system. Btw, who in there right mind actually programs this way besides Microsoft and a few others >.> Jeez, there is honestly a better way to do this.

    Good games, Good systems, But Poor overall program code for these things. Could be handled completely differently and much better. Take a lesson from the linux community.

    ~SpiritWolfie Pc Software Tech.

  39. #119

    Default

    I too am having the same problem. Is it just me or is this game really full of glitches?

  40. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Still no fix, kdsbgkrwhhgklrhkgwrhoi;g.


 
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •