Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

What a joke! how could epic not know about this way to treat the fans right like utter dirt!! and before anyone says don't yell at them we have every right to be angry we paid cold hard cash just like everyone else!!! and on top of that they couldn't even be bothered fixing the bugs in the game even better they've ignored us for the better part of 2 bloody years! *claps*

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CABALLOTE

I'm glad they're looking into it.

ya i was playing the game earlier in the day (that day), stopped for a couple hours, and then BAM!!! modified executable code. i was like WTF!! i upgraded my entire system just to play this game! in case your wondering i was on the train and needed to rest my trigger finger

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by joeGraf View Post
    Yes, this was a surprise to us too. We aren't casting blame or chewing anyone out. We're trying to figure out how and why it happened so we can get it fixed.
    while your there add a small server for downloadable custom map's which users have created & mabey some playlist for them to.

i seriously lol'ed at myself for typing that, yeh right ;p

Thankfully I visit sites like Ars Technica, because they informed me that it was not a problem with my PC, but with Epic's expired DRM.

If I weren't pissed off, I might find this humorous.

Yup, I also have that problem. I think they will forget about Eastern Europe countries like with a patch support.
    Epic has forgotten a one thing. That Polish company (people can fly), made it possible for Epic to sell Gears for PC. I know what I'm saying because I used to work there.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I hope everyone knows all you gotta do is change the system clock before Jan 27 to play it would be a good idea to message youre friends about it so we can get more players online..

FYI:Changing the date didnt work for me intially I figured it was my modified Windows XP OS so I reinstalled the OS with the clock settings before Jan 27 just to be safe and then game an updates I was playing again=)
    Last edited by ToKeSs420; 01-30-2009 at 04:38 AM.
    Intel E8400 @ 4GHz | 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1033MHz | Gigabyte P45 | Sapphire 4870x2 | Samsung 1TB | Corsair 850TX | Sunbeam Transformer | Windows 7 x64

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BlackRaven HU

We have been notified of the issue and are working with Microsoft to get it resolved. Sorry for any problems related to this. I'll post more once we have a resolution.
    fix the bugs too while youre at it.

also, lets not forget the story is not complete on the platform, were still waiting for the pc version of gears 2.

No thanks. I'm not going to keep on changing the system clock on my PC, just so I can launch a game that shouldn't be broken in the first place.

I'll await Epic's official patch.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: max256

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNoodle View Post
    No, we must not be loud, if you use caps and exclamation Marks, your questions are going to be ignored.

Look, I understand but for the last year or so we've been asking them nicely to fix some annoying problems and they ignored us. We've all bought the damn game and supported Epic and then they just abandoned us. So I think many people are pissed off and a little shouting is in order. And if they ignore me afterwards, heh, they've been doing that for a looooong time!! So I think we have every right to be angry.

And now I have to run my clock back every day and forward again to update antivirus software. So I ask once again; please, please, Epic, Microsoft, fix this game. We NEED this!!
    Last edited by max255; 01-30-2009 at 05:56 AM.

yayits working again.
    but yeah please patch this !
    It works on my Laptop but not on my PC !
    Last edited by liersie; 01-30-2009 at 06:42 AM.

Only one thing resolve this problem -> Gears of War 2 on PC !!!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by lolko7 View Post
    Only one thing resolve this problem -> Gears of War 2 on PC !!!

GOW 2 would be very nice but only a patch can resolve gow 1 problems

That's what you get for outsourcing a triple A title to some studio in Poland.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by mnemo View Post
    That's what you get for outsourcing a triple A title to some studio in Poland.

I played People Can Flys Painkiller and it was a game that run perfectly after the patch. It had like a 400mb patch but it was ok. GOW can easily be fixed with a patch and run like a charm. That is, if they only cared enough. Hope patch comes out soon with all the problems corrected.

Default for me it's the only thing wrong! this bug

normally I never post anything!! I own a xbox360 too, and the gears PC is so far superior in everything that in the console!!! Never been so addicted to the game like the gears PC!! Starting on the graphics and the gameplay was really made for mouse and keyboard!! I noticed that online playing there's so few ppl!! I guess PC players, the majority only play WOW and first person, and ignore games like this!! their loss... :P

I wish that gears 2 would come to the PC with the improvements they did on the first!! Gears 2 has an awesome campaign but the multiplayer got ruined, the slow shotgun and the invincible lancer with the connections problems are really a turn off!!

This bug is nothing doods, just rewind the clock and let it be! Epic concentrate on the gears 2 port!! That would be ESPECTACULAR!

Hail to the Cliffy!!!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GhostofDelta2

Quote Originally Posted by max255 View Post
    I played People Can Flys Painkiller and it was a game that run perfectly after the patch. It had like a 400mb patch but it was ok. GOW can easily be fixed with a patch and run like a charm. That is, if they only cared enough. Hope patch comes out soon with all the problems corrected.
    Painkiller is an awesome game. The expansion and sequel not so much.

Gears works fine on my PC!

Once again, DRM screws over the legitimate customer.

Tell me, is the game going to need an update every three years now because the certificate expired? What's going to happen three years from now when the certificate expires again? EPIC might decide not to patch it again and then people who legally bought the game will be SOL.
    Last edited by damicatz; 01-30-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks to that studio YOU ALL can play this game I it was my idea with the box though :P But that is pissing me and others off! Pirates who stole the game can play it. We people, who bought the game cannot play the game due to ****ed up DRM asshole security against being raped.
    I hope they release a patch fix along with some bug fixes including Eastern Europe countries!
    (sry for my bad english, when i',m a little stressed, it's hard to understand me :P)

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Sorry, double post :\
    Last edited by max255; 01-30-2009 at 10:17 AM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin1PL View Post
    But that is pissing me and others off! Pirates who stole the game can play it. We people, who bought the game cannot play the game due to ****ed up DRM asshole security against being raped.

I tryed copying the game, putting cracks and all and it's the same. Game won't run after 29.1.2009. They should sit down and fix the game completely so it won't be an issue later. And when win 7 comes out it better run on it. They should follow Ubisofts example. They had trouble with starforce than securom and in the end gave up. Their last few games have just a serial key. My point is, if someone wants to pirate, they will find a way. And if someone is a fan to some game title like we are to gow, they'll buy it. Everything that is digital can be broken, can be cracked.

I wanted to get Mass Effect and Bioshock and many other but cause of their DRM, I didn't. I presonally don't like when an installation is depended on some online server. Some of you may disagree, but...
    Last edited by max255; 01-30-2009 at 10:57 AM.

Yeah, before I even tried to get help here, I had to uninstall and reinstall the game 4 times! Too bad these type of things have to happen due to piracy!
    I just hope Microsoft fix this quickly because I don't like to constantly have to change my machine's time!!

Super Moderator

A TU is in the works. We are doing what we can as fast as can. Again I apologize that anyone experienced this.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

A TU is in the works. We are doing what we can as fast as can. Again I apologize that anyone experienced this.
    make sure the patch is available for all countries, not just the ones where live is officialy supported.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

This puts a big smile Thanks joeGraf!! But, will the other stuff be fixed as well? Game is buggy and a lot of people have problems with it. Please, please, take your time with the patch but fix it once and for all. I can live without it for some time and just think, when we play it the next time, it is bug free

Banned
    Gamer IDs

yeah... we are your customers and we supported you guys when we purchased the game.

Black Raven you are right. The patch should be avaiable for every version of GoW not just a few.
    joeGraf - please, tell technicians to make the patch avaiable for all languages and versions (gow PC). Do not apologise now just make sure when you release the patch. Apologise by releasing GoW2 PC

Default Just bought Gears of War for PC on the weekend..

Can anyone tell me which updates/patches/fixes I should be looking for ?
    Is there a file server on this forum to upload from ?

much apprecieated..

It installs and runs perfectly fine on Windows 7 build 7000 (Public Beta 1) 64bit, just an fyi. (Actually, all of my games run faster/better than they did on Vista 32/64bit)

EDIT - Figured I should mention, this bug still affects me the same as all others, i just meant in reply to Max255

i have the same problem plz release patch today

Default Redonkulous

Error... Error... Error If i wanted software like this i would have bought Vista... So what should i do now call customer support so i can google the answer while they put me on hold like i did yesterday or sell my copy on ebay? At least riddle me this... Can we get a straight answer on why internet explorer messages come up today? Not when it will be fixed by... Just why? Why? Why? Why?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shadowbade 00

Seriously. I've had trouble before this even happened. There have been parts where Dom will get up in the middle of a firefight, run all the way back to the checkpoint, and never come back even when you issue the regroup command. Other times, the entire squad just stands and does absolutely nothing, even when Locust are attacking, or they'll all run out right in front of a Troika. The last patch was in 2007, so it's just kinda strange how the entire nation just starts having trouble all at the same time 2 years later.

Is it hard for you to deal with the Locust all by yourself ? I mean, c'mon they're pathetic at firefights ^^
    Last edited by Marcin1PL; 01-30-2009 at 02:21 PM.

Default SafeDisc seems to be the problem

I'm learning the game is apparently SafeDisc protected, which deals with digital signatures and the like; this appears to be the source of the issue.

I bought this game thinking there was no DRM on it, as nothing was mentioned on the box. Dissapointing, Epic...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin1PL View Post
    Is it hard for you to deal with the Locust all by yourself ? I mean, c'mon they're pathetic at firefights ^^
    Oh, no, it's soooo easy to kill 5 surrounding Locust' each equipped with a Torque Bow by yourself on Insane. Try playing on a difficulty other than casual, until then, don't narc on someone for stuff that makes a difference.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by chautemoc View Post
    I'm learning the game is apparently SafeDisc protected, which deals with digital signatures and the like; this appears to be the source of the issue.

I bought this game thinking there was no DRM on it, as nothing was mentioned on the box. Dissapointing, Epic...
    I think just about everyone has tried the illegal last resort: a no DVD fix that's supposed to remove the SafeDisc protection. Trust me, no one that has tried has had any luck with it.

No-DVD fixes aren't illegal I believe if you've bought the game...it's a grey area I think.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by chautemoc View Post
    No-DVD fixes aren't illegal I believe if you've bought the game...it's a grey area I think.
    No, they're considered illegal because it allows people who pirate games to play non-mountable versions. But, you're right in a way, it is a gray area. The only people who usually really even care are the people who aren't making money off of the stolen product. It's confusing how it's illegal, but few people care.

I'm talking about usual locust on insane :P torque ones are tougher than that There was and is no offence Shadow. Just some irony

It is really sad to see these kind of news. I remember the time when viruses did spread via pirated copies. Now that seems to be turned upside down. Nowadays legal games have "malware" when illegal copies are stripped out of them. It makes more people to turn piracy and game creators are forced to use more agressive ways to protect their games.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast